Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
The bloo
Settling In

Cool  

Default Extremeasouraus

If your wondering what the extremeosauraus is it is the big monster in the cage in the backyard of fosters.

I think that he/or she is just evil because he's always locked up

Thats the bloo i know

Thats ugly

:bloogrin
The bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

There are actually several extremasauruses (extremasauri?) in Fosters alone. I don't think they're evil per se, but they are designed to destroy, and are often perpetually angry. They're still imaginary friends though, just ones made by jerks.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

For God's sake. -_- This belongs in General Character Discussion, which is for groups of characters; putting it in Supporting Cast wouldn't have been too bad either as we've let "group" threads slide in there. READ THE SUB-BOARD DESCRIPTIONS.

(I'm annoyed because this is the third thread like this this person has started tonight, breaking rules or not putting threads in the right place, for those who come along later and wonder why I'm being a psycho hose-beast.)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
There are actually several extremasauruses (extremasauri?) in Fosters alone. I don't think they're evil per se, but they are designed to destroy, and are often perpetually angry. They're still imaginary friends though, just ones made by jerks.
I wouldn't necessarily say that they're made by jerks, though the line between "jerk" and "teenager" is fairly hard to see. In a lot of ways, I'm tempted to say that, in the same way the majority of imaginary friends seemed to be created by their masters as compensation for something about themselves (such as how Bloo is reckless and immature as compared to Mac's maturity and calm-headed attitude, and Mr. Herriman's stickliness in comparison to Madam Foster's usual attitude, ect.), that the extremasauruses are basically outlets for the anger, agitation, and frustration that teens feel. Basically, they're outlets created by teens as a means to destroy things to release irritation and anger without personally being the ones to do so.

Of course, that's just me, and I may very well be wrong, since we've seen so little evidence about them to really be able to tell anything about their true natures other than the fact that they're always created by teens and that they're generally destructive in nature.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

This is probably an odd thing to say, but seeing as the imaginary friends are generally the opposite of their creaters, I.E. the other side of them, wouldn't in be interesting if extremeasaurs were created by the gentle Teens of the show? (If there were any.) But then again, as seen in Eddie Monster, the IFs that Teens create are generally quite like them. And come to think of it, most of the IFs were created by what would seem to be their human counterparts.... hmmmmm.... I'm slightly confused now.

Nonetheless, I'd like to put my thought of "good" teenagers on the line, even if it isn't the best-supported theory out of others.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Really, despite everyone's theories of what kinds of people make what kinds of IFs, I really think the bottom line is that the types of people and IFs are merely determined by the writers, looking for what works best for that episode/storyline etc. In Eddie Monster they didn't want a bunch of nice teens any more than they wanted a bunch of nice Extremasaurs, therefore they were all mean. Perhaps a future storyline will call for a nice teen who creates a mean Extremasaur, or a mean teen who makes a nice Extremeasaur. Although I think the definition of an Extremasaur is a mean, instinct-driven "monster"-like IF. If anything, it may be possible for a nice teen to accidentally create an Extremasaur, despite the explanation in the pilot that they're created by "jerky teenaged boys", which was most likely a generallisation and meant to tie in, for the viewers anyways, with Terrence (even though he didn't actually create one).
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

You have a point Sparky, it is of course difficult to go into too deep of detail and reasoning of a cartoon, seeing as they are often made with what would best work with the situation, and logic isn't thought in too far. This is why it's difficult to fully understand how one concept may be taken into place with one group of characters, opposed to another of a similar concept, I.E. Mac creating his moral opposite, Jerky Teenaged Boys creating something quite similar to them. This would explain a lot of the dilemas we've had explaining characters, and the stories behind them.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, I'm more of the opinion that IFs are created to be what their creators secretly (or not so much, in the case of extremasauri) desire, though we're getting off topic. I'm more inclined to beleive what Nathander said, that extremasauri are made by pent up anger and frustration, and of course, every teenage boy's deep seated desire to smash stuff.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:27 PM   #9
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

I wish we got to see an extremosaur.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:49 PM   #10
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

We did; the huge spider-like IF in House of Bloo's was an extremeasaur.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/00-0093.jpg

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 12-02-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote