Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default Character Personalities Revisited

Awhile back(might have even been on the old forum), I had generated a thread regarding the personality types of the various Foster's characters, especially with regards to "Enneagram" types. Using that definition, my personal favorite, Wilt, was a pretty solid "Type 2" Enneagram personality, the "Helper" type, though he often does cross the line into being a competition-driven "Type 3", while I myself, in comparison, am a very strong Type 5. For those of you unfamiliar with Enneagrams, you can go here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp to find out more, and see if you agree with my assessment of Wilt being primarily a Type 2.

Last night, while randomly surfing the net looking for stuff on my favorite tall red basketball playin' guy, I came across a thread in a discussion, in which Wilt was mentioned. One of the posters made the comment that Wilt is "such an INFJ", so naturally I had to find out what meant, initially assuming it to be an anagram for something unpleasant. I discovered it to be yet-another personality type, as measured by different criteria. Here's what I found out: http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html and again here, on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ . Check 'em out and see if you agree that Wilt fits the description of an INFJ personality type, and if you can match up YOUR favorite character with a personality type. I have to say that for the most part, he DOES fit that description, though every description I've read of that personality type mentions "artistic" ability, which might throw some people, especially if they've seen "Drawing Bored", lol! Of course, artistic ability isn't limited to the Visual Arts, but also would include music, and we HAVE seen that Wilt has quite an ear for music, being able to hear a melody just one or two times, and play it back perfectly on a keyboard, despite the loss of one hand, so I'd say that qualifies as artistic ability. Also, it might "throw" folks to read that "Introversion" is part of Wilt's personality, since most people tend to think of someone who is an "introvert" as being shy, reclusive and not having much to do with others, while we all know that Wilt is a very outgoing guy, socially. However, in this case, being an "introvert" means that the person internalizes a lot of their emotions and thoughts, rather than let everyone know what they're thinking and how they feel, for fear of upsetting someone or causing problems(sound familiar?), and they tend to "bottle up" negative emotions inside them(again, know anyone like that on the show?), and does not really describe shyness or lack thereof in social situations.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Wow, some of that stuff pretty much sums up the zodiac Taurus (I am one), especially the stubbornness and intellect, the thinking that they are right and don't care much about other's opinions....trusting instinct and instinct alone.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Based on what I skimmed of the article from personalitypage.com, that sounds like Wilt to a T.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
Based on what I skimmed of the article from personalitypage.com, that sounds like Wilt to a T.

Doesn't it, though? Everything from their tendency to internalize conflicts to the point of harming themselves, health-wise, or else suddenly and unexpectedly lashing out(like pushing Mr. Herriman down the stairs while trying to conceal Bloo's theft of the bus), or being a parental-nurturing type, to appearing wishy-washy and disorganized(like his attempt at packing a suitcase in "Foster's Goes to Europe-"...come to think of it, I don't really need this bag!")-all of it just screams, "WILT" to me! It also explains why we seldom see people like Wilt; they only account for 1% of the population.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #5
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Ah, the old Miggs Bryers test.