Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl
Default Wilt's Stitches

I hope this thread is okay to start here, since I didn't want to just add this to Wilt's main thread, which is already several pages long and this is a very specific topic anyway.

Why do you think Wilt still has his stitches, after all these years?

My own opinion is, he may not have had them removed because perhaps he can't, like maybe he would just bleed again or something. A bit dramatic for the show maybe, but I can't figure any other reason. It's very intriguing if you ask me! (Because as we know, stitches often fall out on their own or can be removed within weeks to months.)

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Are we certain that those are actually stitches? Perhaps what we're looking at is discolored scar tissue, which I don't think is removable. It's a possibility, if nothing else.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Are we certain that those are actually stitches? Perhaps what we're looking at is discolored scar tissue, which I don't think is removable. It's a possibility, if nothing else.
I think you're right, Cassini. Some people scar a very different color from the rest of their skin, and MOST animals do. I still have visable scars on two fingers of my right hand from where those two fingers were actually severed in a freak accident 17 years ago, and had to be surgically reattached! I can still make out the lines from where the sutures were, even after all these years, and I'm a very light-skinned person. The more pigment people have in their skin, the darker their scars tend to be. I don't think that there are actually sutures still left in Wilt's skin, since suture material is either made to eventually break down and dissolve, or it will actually cause an infection and "rejection" immune response from the body.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:23 PM   #4
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I just thought he was supposed to look like a basketball.

Or maybe they're imaginary stitches that never dissolve, or something. I'm sure you could imagine up a stitch-friend.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
I just thought he was supposed to look like a basketball.

Or maybe they're imaginary stitches that never dissolve, or something. I'm sure you could imagine up a stitch-friend.
NO. Wilt was NOT created the way he is now.

Yes, you could, but I'm sure Wilt wasn't created with those stitches. I think SOMETHING caused them to appear, (possibly when losing arm, eye) but we don't know what that SOMETHING is.

But HEY-! On ALL of the Foster's house photos, Wilt's head is cut off on every one. Maybe Wilt DIDN'T get those stitches on him when he lost his arm/eye. Maybe he had gotten them like, in the last few years or so. Maybe his head was cut out of every picture for a reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

We'll know for certain in less than eight days.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #7
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Interesting subject to say the least.

Normally stitches either disolve on their own, or need to be surgically removed as we all know. Wilt though, seems to have had these stitches for quite sometime. It's a good question as to why, but it also matters on how he got injured on his frills (that's what I call em anyway) in the first place. Were those pieces of his face basically severed off at some point, like pbl's fingers?

If that is the case, he wouldn't need them now after so long of having them. His flesh wound have mended. But maybe imaginaries heal differently to humans? Maybe he can't heal, or maybe it's still mending and every few months behind the scenes he has to have the old stitches removed and new ones put in.

That was actually a plot point in one of the role play sessions I've shared with Fala in the past. Wilt avoiding the nasty business by hiding up a tree.

But in the show? Who knows. The same deal goes with his arm too. But maybe we'll never know.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #8
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
NO. Wilt was NOT created the way he is now.

Yes, you could, but I'm sure Wilt wasn't created with those stitches. I think SOMETHING caused them to appear, (possibly when losing arm, eye) but we don't know what that SOMETHING is.

But HEY-! On ALL of the Foster's house photos, Wilt's head is cut off on every one. Maybe Wilt DIDN'T get those stitches on him when he lost his arm/eye. Maybe he had gotten them like, in the last few years or so. Maybe his head was cut out of every picture for a reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think that the whole "headless Wilt in every picture" has nothing whatsoever to do with his amputated arm and "wonky" fake eye, but is more of a running joke having to do with him being so tall, AND being so sensitive about it. It's sort of a rehashing of that nearly-identical running joke in Monsters, Inc., where Mike Wazowski's face is always obscured by something every time he appears in a photo, or on tv, or whatever, only unlike Wilt, Mike isn't quite sharp enough to figure that out and have an issue with it! He's just such an attention hog that the mere fact that he was on tv, period, is enough to make him ecstatic! Wilt must feel like he's being descriminated against for his height, by his face always being cut out of the picture, and he's not too happy with that.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:34 PM   #9
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Wilt must feel like he's being descriminated against for his height, by his face always being cut out of the picture, and he's not too happy with that.pitbulllady
As made evident in the picture episode when he finally asks if he could just sit lower down. He certainly didn't like Bloo's tall jokes either. Seems to be his height is the only sensitive subject Wilt has.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
LaBlooGirl
Mac's World in Bloo
"What are YOU lookin' at?"  

Send a message via Yahoo to LaBlooGirl

HOLD IT! I just had a really freaky thought, as to HOW Wilt got those injuries. Know how sometimes when basketball players shoot a hoop they manage to break the glass behind it? (Considering it WAS glass, which I'm not sure they still use anymore but did in the old days.) What if Wilt was playing, say one-on-one with the basketball-head guy, when his rival throws the ball hard, trying to make a score, and he ends up shattering the glass, with Wilt right underneath it???

Hmmm....

(Avatar piccy belongs to "sperg" of deviantart, sig piccy to "jameson".)
LaBlooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote