Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Default Woul you watch Foster's if it didn't have specific characters?

I would the humor is funny no longer who says it of course w/o Bloo, Frankie or Wilt the show would be REALLY different & notas funny.

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

If Frankie was not a cast member I think I'd still watch but I wouldn't be as interested, nor would I have recorded every episode. Eduardo "adorableness" and Mr. Herriman's antics might be enough to hold my interest, but without Frankie it wouldn't be the same. It wouldn't be Foster's.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
BlooCheese
Foster's Legend

Send a message via AIM to BlooCheese

Yes, but it would matter which characters were still included. Foster's just isn't Foster's without Bloo. Many of the episodes are based around something he did, so if you take Bloo away, you're essentially losing loads of top-quality episodes. And since Mac and Bloo come together as creator and creation, taking away one or the other or both would probably lower the calibre of the show. The two are also my favorite characters, and they seem to give me the most laughs. Frankie, Ed, Coco, and Wilt all play major roles, too. Each and every one of the characters in Foster's , even one-shot characters, has an important role to add to the comedy and overall quality of the show. Together, these characters are what make Foster's great. Excluding one would be like taking the oxygen atom out of water; what you have left isn't quite the same as what you started with.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Voxxyn
Banned

If you're talking about certain characters not existing to begin with, I'd likely still watch it. I began watching Foster's late last year out of pure boredom, as I had stopped following Cartoon Network for a few years prior. I liked the show from the get-go, but Frankie was basically the reason I became obsessed. If she never existed(god forbid), I guess I would've been an even bigger fan of Wilt, in the same way I was with Double D of Ed Edd & Eddy some years back.

If you're talking about the creators suddenly and permanently removing any of the main characters, I'd be furious beyond words.

To me, each and EVERY SINGLE ONE of the main characters are equally important. That's why I freaking HATE the whole concept of the "Foster's Five"; not only does it anger me with how it devalues Frankie's importance to the show, but Mr. Herriman's and Madame Foster's as well. I can accept that Mac and Bloo are on a slightly higher tier than anyone else, as they are the unavoidable mascot characters. But they are an ensemble cast, in my eyes.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

In my own opinion, Frankie is the backbone of Foster's - so without the others - I would still watch it. I am not saying this because I love Frankie; her presence is needed to run Foster's.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooCheese View Post
Yes, but it would matter which characters were still included. Foster's just isn't Foster's without Bloo. Many of the episodes are based around something he did, so if you take Bloo away, you're essentially losing loads of top-quality episodes. And since Mac and Bloo come together as creator and creation, taking away one or the other or both would probably lower the calibre of the show. The two are also my favorite characters, and they seem to give me the most laughs. Frankie, Ed, Coco, and Wilt all play major roles, too. Each and every one of the characters in Foster's , even one-shot characters, has an important role to add to the comedy and overall quality of the show. Together, these characters are what make Foster's great. Excluding one would be like taking the oxygen atom out of water; what you have left isn't quite the same as what you started with.
I have to agree. As much as I love Wilt, Bloo is truly the character that brings the most humor and charm to the show, in my opinion. Without him I doubt the show would feel the same (although it probably STILL wouldn't feel the same without the other characters as well). If I had to watch the show without one of the characters I probably could, but it more than likely wouldn't feel the same if any of them (Mac, Wilt, Eduardo, Frankie, Coco, Madame Foster, Mr. Herriman, etc.) were removed.

Last edited by Chaos Wielder; 11-11-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:02 AM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

That's an interesting question, to be sure. I had never been a Cartoon Network fan prior to Foster's, and I did not even start watching it until the first season had ended. I started watching it, I'll admit, purely out of curiosity about this tall, red guy with a fake eye and an amputated arm that I kept seeing in fanart all over FF.net, and had heard mentioned from time to time on other forums devoted to other characters. It was not just Wilt who drew me in, though, but the whole feel of the show, its rather sophisticated sense of humor, and bevy of unique characters. I honestly cannot say if I'd stop watching it if Wilt were to be written off the show or not, since I feel that this would belittle the other characters, who are interesting and likeable in their own right, and I don't believe that the humor would suffer any for Wilt's absence, but for me, anyway, it would missing something very special. It would be like a birthday cake without the decorations, just plain icing. You could eat it, and it wouldn't taste any different, but something that for me would make it a birthday cake, instead of just a cake, would be missing.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

It definitely wouldn't be the same show, if some of the characters were missing during the introduction of the series. I probably wouldn't care for it as much, though I MIGHT still like it. However, I probably wouldn't be as interested, if you took out any of the major characters. Remove Bloo or remove Mac, I probably would not continue to watch the show (to me, doing so would break up a really nice chemistry of two great characters). So, let's hope that never happens.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #9
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

i started watching the show cus people said i reminded them of mac. i though it was stupid the first time i herd of it.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Bloo was what first got me into the show -- at first I thought he was the goofy, lovable type, but it turned out that he fulfilled a yearning deep within me for more protagonists that are egocentric buttholes. I was intrigued, because he had such a simple design yet was not all that he seemed.

But then I saw Mac, and their way-cute friendship, and loved them both. And then I loved everyone else.

I think it wouldn't be the same show if any of the characters disappeared, although it would certainly be lacking in the lols department without Bloo. And also, he's just so cute.