Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite season?
Season 1 1 9.09%
Season 2 3 27.27%
Season 3 5 45.45%
Season 4 - current one 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2006, 05:46 AM   #21
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I can't say wich season is my favorite because I don't know what each season is comprised of. Telatoon airs the episodes in a very random and chaotic order. Out of nowhere they'll play a season four episode amongst the dozen that they play too frecuantly. It's not healthy for the show to have to see Cukoo for coco cards five times and luck out with a challange of the super friends. It causes the jokes and gags to get stale. So I just pass on episodes I've seen already.
I'm trying to find a list of the seasons and the episodes that make them up, but I'm not haveing any luck. I really want to know what I'll be getting in the season one dvd set (recently announced for a February release! ). I was hopeing Mac Daddy, Berry Scarey and Crime After Crime were in it, but I've heard otherwise. I'd appreceate it if someone could tell me all the episodes that make up season one.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:39 AM   #22
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I'd appreceate it if someone could tell me all the episodes that make up season one.
"House of Bloo's"
"Store Wars"
"The Trouble With Scribbles"
"Busted"
"Dinner is Swerved"
"World Wide Wabbit"
"Berry Scary"
"Seeing Red" / "Phone Home"
"Who Let The Dogs In?"
"Adoptcalypse Now"
"Bloooooo!"

Copied from Wikipedia.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #23
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Thank's very much, Cassini! But that's only 10 episodes. I thought the dvd was going to have 13? Oh well. I appreceate it just the same.

Last edited by Medikor; 10-08-2006 at 07:40 AM.
Medikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #24
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

My pleasure. The pilot counts as 3 episodes. I've never seen them in episode format, only as a 90 minute movie.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:38 AM   #25
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

90 minuits? that's impressive! I thought it was only 60.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:49 AM   #26
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

With the commercials removed, "House Of Bloo's" is 62 minutes long. It fits perfectly on a disk recorded in FINE mode.

Old 10-08-2006, 09:03 AM   #27
Voxxyn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I can't say wich season is my favorite because I don't know what each season is comprised of.
Listings of all episodes on each season
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #28
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Even though it hasn't completely finished, I'm gonna go ahead and say season 4 (current one) is my most favorite. Despite the fact that alot of the other seasons have some of my fav. episodes, this one has the best line up.

There are more kick ass episodes lined up together in this season then in the other ones. I also feel that it's in this season that the comedy of the show really started to evolve, and the situations and quotes got much more creative.

Episodes like "Squeeze the Day" "Infernal Slumber" and "Bus the Two of us" were all top notch episodes that really displayed original, and in my opinion, genius comedy. The 3rd season would probably be my second favorite after that.

I think shows get better with each new season, as you can notice Bloo and the other voice actors learned to improve as they went along. Bloo sounds pretty different then how he did in "House of Bloo's" to how he sounds now.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 AM   #29
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Some would contest you're theory (The Simpsons) but Foster's has definetly gotten better with age. I hope the show keeps going for a long time and it's quality never diminishes.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #30
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Well actually it's like that case with most shows, most shows that don't go on for 100 years or so (Simpsons). Simpsons in the beginning had much shottier animation and Homer and Bart sounded very different when the show first started out. Plus, it wasn't NEARLY as funny.

Ben 10 is another good example. The show started with some poor dialouge and cliche set ups, and occasionally the really cool episode or fight scene. Their new season is WAY better. The fights are improved, the story is much more detailed and complex, and they brought back plenty of characters from season 1.

Some shows handle characters very weirdly, "Batman Beyond" actually kills off more then half of their villains in the same episode they appear in. And any that do come back, rarely survive long enough to make it for a 3rd appearance. First seasons are usually rough starts because your just starting out.

I noticed this in Foster's. Alot of the jokes and set ups weren't that clever, but as the show went on we saw more complex ideas and amusing situations. And I think Bloo evolved the most out of the cast, "House of Bloo's" he was half nice and half smart ass. Now he's on smart ass mode like 24/7.

Which is fine AND funny, but if you watch the show from the beginning to now, you can see the difference and change in attitude and voice work.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote