Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > General Character Discussions

Notices

General Character Discussions Discussions about the characters in *general*, or groups of characters, belong here. Please place discussions about *single* specific characters in their appropriate category.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Anyways, those are my theories and ideas behind the mysterious parent figures of Fosters......actually now that you think about it, cartoons have never been good at explaining parents. Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Ben 10, Sailor Moon, they BARELY explain anything relating to their parents.
Actually, I saw an episode that explains what happened to Sailor Moon's real mom, and it turns out that
Spoiler Below
she risked her own life to save everyone in the moon by using her sceptor and sent everyone to Earth with their memories erased.
But nothing about her real father. But if your talking about the other sailor scout's parents, you got me there.

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #12
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Actually what I meant "C" was that the other scouts have close to zero explanation of their parents. Sailor Mars, Mercury, and Venus have never shown or said close to anything about their parents. I know Jupiter's died in a plane crash.

And Sailor Saturn's parents, as well as Mini Moon's are explained. I knew Serena's mom's fate but I mostly meant the other scouts.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #13
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Actually what I meant "C" was that the other scouts have close to zero explanation of their parents. Sailor Mars, Mercury, and Venus have never shown or said close to anything about their parents. I know Jupiter's died in a plane crash.

And Sailor Saturn's parents, as well as Mini Moon's are explained. I knew Serena's mom's fate but I mostly meant the other scouts.
That's what I meant. "If you mean the other sailor scouts, you got me there." But I never knew that's how Sailor Jupiter lost his parents!

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

......what in the heck does the Sailor Scouts have to do with Mac 'n Terrence's father? Please, stay on topic.

edit: Okay I can see how this happened, but for someone coming into thread expecting a certain topic, yet the last few posts is about another show entierly it seems a bit confusing.

Last edited by CG; 01-03-2007 at 06:53 PM.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #15
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
......what in the heck does the Sailor Scouts have to do with Mac 'n Terrence's father? Please, stay on topic.

edit: Okay I can see how this happened, but for someone coming into thread expecting a certain topic, yet the last few posts is about another show entierly it seems a bit confusing.
Hear, hear! I wanna get back on the subject of Frankie's parents, or Mac and Terrence's father...
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
Hear, hear! I wanna get back on the subject of Frankie's parents, or Mac and Terrence's father...
I got a feeling Frankie will one day be explained, she has very little explained about her outside of Madame Foster and if you ask me, one living relative is not enough to explain any character's background properly, especially Frankie's.

Frankie's a mystery inside and out, as great as she is, there really hasn't been anything stated about her personal life other then her school and work at Foster's. Mac on the other hand has had PLENTY of family explanations etc.

However, I don't think they will reveal Mac's father anytime soon. If he did walk out or die those are 2 touchy subjects I doubt today's censored toons will dare cross, even for a show as great as Foster's, cartoons today are still sensitive.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

Like the movie about Wilt and his creator, they should have a special episode explaining the mystery behind either Mac's father or Frankie's parents.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #18
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I second that wholeheartedly. I think Mac's parents are divorced and his father, contrary to popular belief, is still alive. Frankie's parents are a mystery to me, and I'm dying to know more!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #19
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I agree, an eppie specifically about what happened to Mac's dad would be cool. I have my own theory that his parents are divorced, and it was around the time they split that Mac created Bloo because it was such a hard and lonely time for him. And the split also took its toll on Terrence, which is part of the reason he's such a bully now. It's been my dream since nearly the start of my love for the show to see an eppie showing the day Bloo was created, and in it we'd see some more info about Mac's home life, including what happened to his dad.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #20
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

From what I know directly from the source, Mac's parents are divorced.

Last edited by Ccook50; 07-15-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote