Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:26 AM   #441
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

koosie: Wow, man...you're old. Hehe, no, I'm kidding; it would have been great to have been around in the Reds' glory years. I guess that's what made Istanbul '05 all the more special; I wasn't even born the previous time we won that cup, and I wasn't even sure I'd even live to see the day we won it again. Having that still in the memory helped cushion the blow of this match a little...I wouldn't say we "deserved" it as such, but I think we had the better of the possession and chances over 90 minutes. The only two chances they really had were gifted to them by our defensive lapses; problem was, they took both of them, something we've been having problems with all year. Here's hoping Mr Benitez can make something of the cash he'll be given to spend this summer...LFC for the Premiership in '08!

Partymember:You're probably right, there. China should really have taken a leaf out of Russia's book...now THERE was a country for no-nonsense names. Got a policy to naturalise ethnic minorities into Russian culture? Call it "Russification"! Want to deconstruct Stalin's personality cult? One program of "De-Stalinisation" coming right up! And my personal favourite: come up with a new economic policy? Well, say hello to the, uh, "New Economic Policy"! Clever, no? It's the government initiative equivalent of Snakes on a Plane.

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 05-25-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Boris Yeltsin.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #442
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Danny Phantom - Memory Blank

Another new show I watched, and I'm glad I did. Very funny episode, not to mention the Fake Out Make Out!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #443
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Flight of the Conchords

New Zealand's fourth most popular folk parody duo have created one of the most hilarious shows I've ever seen. With such memorable tunes as the post-apocalyptic themed, The Humans Are Dead, or the forced machismo song, I'm Not Crying, these guys had my sides splitting. HBO begins airing the show on the 17th of June, but it's already made its rounds on the Internet. They also have a ton of stuff on YouTube. If you get a chance give them a watch and a listen. You'll be glad you did.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #444
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Flight Of The Conchords had a radio show here too the year before last and it was very funny. It was mostly about their manager who was an amiable but delusional idiot. Some of the songs were very inventive.

Last TV show I watched was one of these bbc rockumentary things about Velvet Underground, Floyd, Bowie, Genesis etc. Some nice Syd Barrett and Peter Gabriel footage but they did insist on making their own little video bits that interrupted the footage in bursts lasting several seconds. Presumably to demonstrate what the program-makers thought the song was about. Next week it's about punk. I'm looking foward to the Manchester episode.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #445
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Ah! MY Goddess

It's a wonderful, beautiful, and excellent anime series I have been longing to get for a long time now. I got the premium DVD box set of the series at Anime Central 2007, the local anime convention that I went to a couple weeks ago.

The series has truly breathtaking art visuals and I love the romance in this show. At times it does feel it's becoming too Tenchi cliche style but I haven't felt this strongly about a romance since Gohan and Videl from Dragon Ball Z, or Misty and Ash from Pokemon.

Not sure how many people enjoy anime on this board but this is a great series and a very touching one at that. I just finished the 4th disc and I've only got 2 left to go!
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #446
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Spaced

Before Shaun was among the Dead, and before the Fuzz was Hot, there was Spaced. Simon Pegg, Jessica Stevenson, and Edgar Wright put together this marvelously hilarious show that had me rolling everytime watched an episode.

Now, I'm quite sure many people from the UK have heard of this show, and its spiritual predeccessor, Asylum. However, I don't know how many people elsewhere have given it a watch.

Mixing sitcom with the right amount of homages and spoofs, this show can hardly be explained by words alone. So instead, I'll just give you the basic plot. Tim Bisley (Simon Pegg) and Daisy Steiner (Jessica Stevenson) find themselves without a flat and struggling to get by as the young adults of London. While checking the papers they come across an ad for a flat that only admits professional couples. The two newfound friends hatch a plan to act like such a couple to land the flat.

That's as basic as you can get. The plot itself even seems trivial and boring, but once things get into motion and you meet the characters that populate Tim and Daisy's lives you're in for a laugh riot.

I cannot stress this enough, anyone who likes sci-fi, comics, video games, and movies in general should see this show. This a show that is able to balance homage and story correctly. A feat few shows that attempt it can actually claim.

This show has currently taken the title of my favorite sitcom. But this is yet another thing that AerostarMonk recommends, and if you haven't been disappointed so far, you certainly won't be now.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:58 PM   #447
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Danny Phantom - Phantom Planet

I won't say much about this (unless it's already aired), except that fans will not be disappointed!
Old 06-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #448
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

uhhhhhhhh it's been a while, I guess Fosters. Or Tom and Jerry.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:45 AM   #449
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

The Soup. The only show worth watching on the otherwise cheesy, shallow and über-tacky E! Entertainment Television.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #450
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Codename: Kids Next Door - Operation C.A.K.E.D - F.I.V.E

This show is starting to grow on me, since seeing Operation Z.E.R.O. (when I was in LA when it premiered. ^_^)