Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default Anyone That Can Make a DVD of "Drawing Bored"?

I know I've asked this before, and was directed to several video sites where the short is shown, but I need it to show at school, and the school district where I work has blocked ALL video/photo uploading sites as "adult content" or "forums/blogs", and I can't seem to get my DVD burner at home to work properly. I'll be happy to reimburse anyone for the cost of the blank DVD or to send a blank one myself, but if it's recorded from a video site like YouTube, it most likely won't work at school. Anyone got a copy on VHS that can be transferred to DVD? I thought this would be a good way to "break the ice" and introduce an Art lesson, since that's what I teach.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

The only copy I have of Drawing Bored is the one that has the beginning cut off, but if that's okay I can make you a DVD no problem. I think it was one I found on Youtube and I converted it to an avi file.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
The only copy I have of Drawing Bored is the one that has the beginning cut off, but if that's okay I can make you a DVD no problem. I think it was one I found on Youtube and I converted it to an avi file.
Will it play in Windows Media player, though? That's all that my school computer has on it, and we are not allowed to download stuff from the internet without prior approval from the District's Technology Gestapo.

pitbulllady
Old 09-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

That's what I use to play my all my video files, avis included, so yeah. So you just want the file on like, a cd-rom then? If I made it into a DVD like I thought you meant you wanted, it would play in a DVD player (either a regular one or one on a computer).

Last edited by Sparky; 09-01-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #5
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
That's what I use to play my all my video files, avis included, so yeah. So you just want the file on like, a cd-rom then? If I made it into a DVD like I thought you meant you wanted, it would play in a DVD player (either a regular one or one on a computer).
Yeah, a CD-rom should work, since I'm not sure if that computer has a built-in DVD player or not. My home computer will play DVD's and run CD's in the same drive, but I do have a portable USB DVD player than can be used in any computer with a media player, without special software.

pitbulllady
Old 09-01-2007, 08:29 PM   #6
Sparky

Um, okay so, I can do either...Anything else you want on it while I'm at it?
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

That's probably it; that is the only one I can justify showing at school, since it IS art-related, sort of, so I won't get in trouble for showing it.

pitbulllady
Old 12-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Shame.