Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #881
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

The latest Simpson's Treehouse of Horror. I only watched the Transformers parody and it was actually half decent as far as recent Simpson's episodes are concerned.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:09 PM   #882
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

south park.

i gotta say, this is pretty much exactly how i feel about High School Musical. Obviously, i find it hilarious.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #883
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I'm presently watching Children In Need Night, with Sir Terry Wogan. True, it's pretty disposable entertainment all-round, but it's for a very good cause, so why be cynical?

That said, and as with last year, I am kind of ticked that they went and pulled their previously 2D-animated mascot Pudsey in favour of a rather graceless CGI equivilent. Seriously, does everything have to be CGI these days? I notice that they even simplified his character design by quite a substantial margin this year, presumably so as to make it a little easier for the computer animation to accommodate. It's just wrong.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 11-14-2008 at 03:24 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #884
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Phineas and Ferb

I've been watching Toon Disney's "All weekend long" marathon of this show, and I am currently watching it right now as we speak. I've seriously become ADDICTED to this show, I've watched hours of this show and I rarely watch a marathon this much and I even got my girlfriend hooked on it , I love hooking people on other shows.

Its a really funny and sharp story, excellent writing despite there are a few repeated comical gags that sometimes gets old. But never the less, I am loving this show and Perry and Platypus and Dr. Doofenschmirtz rules!!!
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #885
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

While all you all's was enjoying Destination Imagination, (I couldn't watch that, due to it not airing in Canada.)

I was watching a different TV movie special of a show that has also not seen any new episodes in quite some time. I am of course talking about recent TV movie special 24:Redemption. (A.K.A Jack Bauer goes to Africa.)

I was kind of leery about this special, as memories of the show's sub par sixth season are still burned into my brain, but as soon as I saw Jack Bauer doing what he does best...(Kicking butt and taking names)all of those sub par memories quickly faded away.

The action scenes were as usual top notch.

The cinematography was beautiful (portions of the film were shot on location in South Africa.)

The story was pretty poignant without being too overbearing or agenda heavy.

And the acting was well done.

All in all a great way to set up Season seven and anyone who is a fan of this show would do well to track it down and check it out.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #886
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I kicked off my one Christmas special a day viewing extravaganza, with a trip back to the year 2005 for a little Christmas Foster's style with that season three classic: A Lost Claus.

Needless to stay it still very well holds up today as it did three years ago, and is a definite high point of a series that has been so full of high points that it has since left the stratosphere and headed to uncharted space.

Last edited by taranchula; 11-30-2008 at 08:36 PM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #887
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends 'Destination Imagination' - YouTube

Needless to say, I really enjoyed it, from the Super Mario Bros. parody to the hilarious Hero (), this was a great movie.
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #888
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Fraggle Rock

Complex, dynamic and beautiful. Jim Henson mixes high satire with almost Hitchcockian menance in this dark satire of late twentieth century industrial society that deftly pays homage to the poetry of Rimbaud. Compelling and moving drama reminscent of Jean Luc Godard's early work with a subtle hint of pre-revisionist social realism.

Despite that I liked it lots. Red made friends with a Lily-creature and they all sung some nice songs about friendship. Fraggle Rock big koosie favourite. Yes.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 12-03-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Something's wrong in this house today
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:30 PM   #889
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Fraggle Rock

Complex, dynamic and beautiful. Jim Henson mixes high satire with almost Hitchcockian menance in this dark satire of late twentieth century industrial society that deftly pays homage to the poetry of Rimbaud. Compelling and moving drama reminscent of Jean Luc Godard's early work with a subtle hint of pre-revisionist social realism.

Despite that I liked it lots. Red made friends with a Lily-creature and they all sung some nice songs about friendship. Fraggle Rock big koosie favourite. Yes.
Not JJ. That show terrified me as a nipper. When I was three or four years old I used to run and hide behind the sofa whenever it came on, or else beg my mother to change the channel. That's how frightened of it I was.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #890
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Not JJ. That show terrified me as a nipper. When I was three or four years old I used to run and hide behind the sofa whenever it came on, or else beg my mother to change the channel. That's how frightened of it I was.
Wow! Maybe there really was some Hitchcockian menace there. I'm fascinated, can you remember what it was that you feared. I suppose children can be very irrational -I was afraid of the opening credits of Ask the family (with Robert Robinson) for some unknown reason as well as a few other quiz shows I can't even recall now.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote