Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Default ALL OF YOU ON DEVIANT ART!

I came across something extremely disturbing there today, while browsing photos. Now, most of you know I am very fond of reptiles, snakes especially, and I know that Sparky is, too. I'm also aware that many folks are afraid of them, quite needlessly for the most part. Still, even being afraid does not excuse blatant animal abuse and torture, and even more, does not excuse posting photos of it on DA as "art"!

The photo in question is by a male "artist"(just like that pycho Cho was a "writer")who calls himself "Opulance". It shows what appears to be a Yellow-Bellied Watersnake, a harmless and non-venomous species, that has been killed by having a butcher knife shoved in its mouth and down its throat, a horrible and cruel way of killing something. There is a LOT of blood splattered all of the place, indicating that the animal took a long, long time to bleed out and die, while thrashing around in agony. Snakes, by the way, have more pain receptors than we do, so they feel pain more acutely than we do, even if they cannot cry out. The photographer brags about how much he loves to hunt and kill snakes, and how he never uses a gun(which is the quickest and most humane way to dispatch a snake) because he "hates guns", and how this was his "first kill of the weekend". I have to wonder what other animals he enjoys doing this to. There is a clear and definate link between deliberate animal abuse/torture and violent behavior towards humans; nearly every serial killer either started out by torturing and killing animals first, or continued to do so while killing humans. It's one thing to kill something in self-defence, even if it was only from a perceived threat, and it's one thing to kill something that you intend to eat, but even avid hunters and farmers hate to see an animal suffer, and make every attempt to dispatch animals as quickly as possible. This guy clearly loves killing for the sake of seeing something suffer, and tries to prolong their agony for as long as possible. I submitted an abuse report using the option "Other", since there is no specific mention of animal abuse being prohibited by DA. I am pretty certain that their policy does not permit images that depict real torture and abuse of animals to be shown, though. I am asking that all of you who care the least bit about animals, or people for that matter, given the correlation between animal torture and doing the same to people, to PLEASE join me in reporting this guy, and getting him banned if at all possible!

Here is the link to the picture, and I warn you-it is VERY gory and graphic!
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/53889985

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

i belive he was banned, or he took it down.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM   #3
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Yikes. BTW, the link does not work for me. I guess, maybe it was removed, or maybe DA banned this dude?

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

They already took it down. But ugh, that sounds so horrible. Why would anyone want to do that to such fascinating and beautiful creatures?

I'm quite fond of snakes myself, and anyone who can do that to something they believe as vile and lower than them isn't really far off from doing it to people they deem unnecessary.

What's worse is these kinda things are only misdemanors are best. No one has to sustain more than a slap on the wrist when it comes to their record in regards to this sorta thing.

I guess all we can hope for is that this man will learn the error of his ways.
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I didn't see it, since DA got rid of the link, but ugh. That's friggin' MESSED. UP.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM   #6
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Poor innocent snake. Why must people these days do something stupid like that? By aways, I can't see it. It just says "File not found".

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #7
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

The guy noted me himself; he did remove it voluntarily. He claims that it was a Cottonmouth, and that it was going to "attack" his little brother. I've been around snakes all my life, including venomous ones, and that includes MANY Cottonmouths, which I've found to be very lazy, passive snakes, in spite of their potential deadliness. I've NEVER had one to try to "attack" me; they either lie there like lumps, or they move out of your way. They will let you know if you're too close with that open-mouthed warning display and will often tolerate a tremendous amount of aggravation before actually striking. While I don't have an issue with killing an animal(or a human, for that matter)in self-defense, when it's really a matter or "ME, or IT", I would NOT consider posting the pic on the internet and bragging about it! I had to shoot a dog once, a beautiful black German Shepherd, that just showed up out of nowhere and came after my grandfather as he was outside feeding his own animals. I hated having to do that so bad that I had nightmares about for weeks. The health dept. took the dog to test its brain for rabies, since its behavior was obviously abnormal, and found instead that the dog had been forcefed gunpowder, which had eaten away at its brain just like "Mad Cow Disease" affects the brains of its victims. This is commonly done by people in the South to make a dog vicious, since it makes them insane, literally, and is done most often by people who fight dogs or want a dog to "guard" a drug stash. This is one of the reasons why the "pit bulls" that "go crazy" and attack someone are so bad; they've been given gunpowder and/or methamphetimine, another favorite of dog-fighters. Still, I cannot fathom photographing that poor dog, lying there in its own blood, and considering that to be "art", just because it nearly had killed my grandfather! I'm sure that most people would NOT have wanted to see that, and I don't consider myself brave or tough because I did what I had to do.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #8
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
The guy noted me himself; he did remove it voluntarily. He claims that it was a Cottonmouth, and that it was going to "attack" his little brother...
no, snakes just dont attack people. the only way this could happen is that the kid was sitting there messing with the snake. and his brother happened to have a butcher knife with him? i always carry one to ¬_¬
Old 04-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #9
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

Jesus PBL! What kind of sick b@$!@&% would feed a dog gunpowder?

Hunting pictures are one thing, and i love them, but animal cruelty is quite another, i find most hunters/trappers to be quite humane. My buddy shot a deer through the lungs in winter, and he tracked it for miles and miles by the fan of blood on the snow so he could put the poor thing down, but he stopped when he came to a swamp. No way the thing got out of there alive.

And what kind of bull$#!^ response is that? "De Cottonmouth was gunna attak mah brudder so i done stabbed it with a knife." The best way to deal with aggresive snakes is to BACK THE HELL AWAY! Friggin' idiot response, a snake's gonna attack you so you jam a kitchen knife down its throat! If they come after you, well, thats why i carry my .410 in the woods with a charge of Number 4 chambered. Good ol' #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I had to shoot a dog once, a beautiful black German Shepherd, that just showed up out of nowhere and came after my grandfather as he was outside feeding his own animals. I hated having to do that so bad that I had nightmares about for weeks.
my dad had to put a dog down once, forget the circumstances, but he said he had to give the gun away afterwards. As a side note he said he was glad he used an old break open and not something wth any monetary value.

Last edited by taranchula; 04-26-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Partymember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
emperor26
Foster's Legend

I can't believe Deviantart allows someone like him to post something so vile and disgusting.

I feel sorry for that snake. It didn't deserve such a cruel death.