Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #31
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

For you guys out in San Diego who want to know what one of the east coast conventions are like, KPBS/ch. 15 will air a special called "Four Days At Dragon*Con," the annual Labor Day weekend fantasy/sci-fi convention in our neck of the woods in Atlanta GA. It will air Saturday, July 23 at 11 PM. (I myself never attended Dragon*Con for myriad reasons--money being the most glaring reason.)

Last edited by Ccook50; 07-10-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #32
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I have a small favor to ask of you my fellow con attending friends.

If you happen to be pass by the CAPCOM booth please give them the following message.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The reason why? They cancelled the long awaited sequel to Mega Man Legends.

Thanks.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #33
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Default A Difficult Decision

The 2011 Comicon will be my last one. The price hike for next year (4 day w/preview nite) is outrageous and absurd! $175! That is from $105 for THIS YEAR! I will be travelling to SD with Cass next year - just will not include the Comicon in my entertainment plans.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #34
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

And thus ends another Con. It's been an eventful five days; lines that could encircle an aircraft carrier, a trip out to Palomar Observatory, a few missed opportunities, an exhibition hall so packed that breathing and moving were dang near impossible, dining at all sorts of restaurants, occasional parking and traffic nightmares, and around 300 photos documenting it all. All in all, it's been one hell of an event. I'll have more to say about it later; for now I'll simply say that it was good to see everyone again, and I'm looking forward to next year's event... after I've recovered from this year's extravaganza. Shouldn't take more than 5-6 months.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #35
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

All in all, it was a good LAST Con for me. I got to do a lot of the stuff Cassini mnetioned above (Palomar Observatory, Henshaw Valley, Julian, and Ramona), and then some.

I will be back next year same time, but I will not be at the Con, jsut hangin' out and doing events that I used to do when I lived here in San Diego. Come hang out with me when have time between Con events.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #36
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Desperation Boulevard:

http://vejur.deviantart.com/#/d41u050

The "fun" I had pre-registering for Comic-Con 2012 is documented in the artist's comments section. At least the weather was fairly cool.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #37
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Something new to San Diego, an alternative event to Comic-Con called TR!CKSTER. I didn't check it out, but I heard it was an event that's supposed to be more like what SDCC used to be like. It's kinda cool to see an alternative event in the city.

Anyway, I will share my adventures with all that are viewing.

I arrived in San Diego on Tuesday the 19th just after 12pm. This year, I stayed at the Embassy Suites, which was not too much more distance than the Manchester Grand Hyatt, which I stayed at last year. Met up with one friend/roommate of mine, who came from Mexico City. I walked to the Convention Center (I always do this, when I come to San Diego for Comic-Con). The pedestrian bridge just to the east of the convention center is complete. It looks cool, even better at night. I then went to the Westfield Horton Plaza, ate at the Panda Inn, went to Macy's, ended up buying a new wallet and picked up a Porky Pig shirt. I also picked up a 2012 SD Calendar. Went to Starbucks, yay! I decided to purchase a second battery for my phone, went to more than one place to find one. I ended up going to a Verizon store in the Mission Valley area (thank goodness for decent public transportation in SD) and picked up an extended battery, which lasts much longer (4G LTE does more to battery life than 3G/EVDO did). Met some of my other roommates, had ate, and that was pretty much it

Wed, Jul 20: Did the morning stuff, ate, got coffee, got a haircut at the C Street Salon, the dude that cut my hair did an outstanding job. I'd definitely go again, if I needed to. Went to the Horton Plaza, purchased something at Nordstrom for the first time ever...a pair of Nikes for around $40. I bowled four rounds (one was free, due to having pin setup issues at the beginning). I stopped by Ciro's pizzeria, where they did Cartoon Network themes last year. It was all Adventure Time this year. It was well-done, thought it looked better than last year's. Finally, I headed to the convention center. Took photos, went to a few booths. CN's booth is Adventure Time-themed. I saw a Perry the Platy-bus (of the Phineas and Ferb character, Perry the Platypus), that was kind of cool. Met one of Uglydoll creators David Horvath, got the Cookie Dream Babo plush. Afterwards, I met up with a woman that I met through FB, as well as her friend at the Seaport Village. Had late night dinner, and that was it. I forgot to mention that I did get to meet up with Howard, Cass, and later, iceberg during the afternoon.

Thu, Jul 21: Started my day really early. Woke up at 5:30am. The reason for that was to go get pre-registered for 2012. There were close to 1,000 people ahead of me. The line formed just outside of the rear of the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and from where I stood, I was between the Marriott Marquis & Marina and the Convention Center. I was concerned, but I knew I had to try. They give people temporary membership cards, indicating that you're guaranteed at least single-day memberships. They closed the doors outside of the Douglas Pavilion, indicating the people that didn't get in were unsuccessful at getting a membership that day. When it was my time to pick up something, about half of the preview night membership badges for that day were sold. So, I was able to get mine just around 9:30am. I was relieved. Spent much of the day just walking around the convention center. I went to the panel on Blu-ray Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry, presented by Jerry Beck and other panelists. They presented us a preview of the quality of the Blu-ray videos, and they looked really good. Outside of the convention center, they had a South Park Experience deal outside at the First and Island intersection. They had a bunch of neat things related to South Park, and for people that use Foursquare and checked in at Comic-Con International 2011, they receive a badge, and can get a free South Park t-shirt when they prove that they earned the badge. The other things I did that night were to see part of the Star Wars Fan Film Awards and I ate with another group of friends.

Friday, July 22: Did the morning stuff, got up later than the previous day. Made it for the Regular Show/The Problem Solverz panel (went mainly for Regular Show, though), sat with Khaki Jones and some of her friends. Excellent panel. Lauren Faust on FB wanted the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic poster (only 5K of these were given away at SDCC) with all the characters in the series (even the lesser known ones), I asked Khaki if she would give it to her. She said that she would. I wasn't the only person that tried to get Lauren a poster, though. lol I missed two panels, but that's okay. My night got worse, when I saw Worst Cartoons Ever. Our favorites, Mighty Mr. Titan, Super President, Paddy the Pelican, Johnny Cypher, and Sam Bassett. They showed Six Little Jungle Boys, which involves six soldiers, and most end up with something. I can't remember the title of the other one I saw, which involved two kids and a stranger.

Saturday, July 23: Morning routine, ran into "Dan Vs." co-creator, Chris Pearson, who dressed up as Chris in the show. I also saw a woman inside the exhibit hall wearing nothing that covered her breasts. The police did talk to her and stuff. I saw a Kick Buttowski: Suburban Dardevil panel with Khaki and friends, saw Cartoon Voices I, featured Tara Strong, Rob Paulsen, Townsend Coleman (I finally got to meet him, very nice man), Wally Wingert, Saratoga Ballantine, and Robin Atkin Downes. I got to see Khaki's husband for the first time since 2009 for a bit. I missed the Adventure Time panel, though I did go to the autograph session to meet everyone. I did finally get to briefly meet John DiMaggio (I've seen him live many times, but didn't talk to him until that day). The last thing I did was check out the masquerade for this year. It was better than last year's, I thought. The only downside this year is that some had to drop out of the competition due to no membership badges. Got food, and that was it.

Sunday, July 24: Morning routine, went to the Fish Hooks panel. I almost missed Khaki entirely, found her just after it ended, gave her the MLP poster, said goodbye. Went to Cartoon Voices II in the same room: Gregg Berger, Chuck McCann, Vanessa Marshall, Jason Marsden, Bill Farmer, and Laraine Newman. Got close to Bill Farmer, but had to exit, did get to briefly talk to Jason Marsden. Walked around the exhibit hall some more. Finally, I wore the Bloo costume for an hour plus. It's still a hit among fans. While, like in the past few years, there was no improvising videos or anything (like there were in 2007 and 2008), I did hear someone call for me. She said her name was Lori. I took off the top portion of the costume, and it was Lori, the woman that worked with Cartoon Network Studios. She was laid off late last year, and she's currently unemployed, though she remained optimistic. Got a few pics. Afterwards, the show ended, but even after the show ended, I ended up seeing Rob Paulsen leave the convention (have not seen him since 2007), talked to him briefly, got a pic with him. Met up with Howard and Cass for dinner, it was just the three of us. We ate at a Thai restaurant. It was really good. We said farewell, and that was it. I gots me a Ghirardelli afterwards. Went to Ralphs with my roommates, and we arrived back at the hotel.

Monday, Jul 25: A day of shipping stuff, including the costume. Said goodbye to roommates. I met up with Cass to eat. Said farewell to him, and I left from San Diego back to the LA area by train. The ride was uneventful.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #38
taranchula

Great to see you had another fun trip to SD, I saw the picture Cass posted on his DA, there has to be a better way to do the whole pre-reregistration deal, maybe a lottery system or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post

Friday, July 22: Did the morning stuff, got up later than the previous day. Made it for the Regular Show/The Problem Solverz panel (went mainly for Regular Show, though), sat with Khaki Jones and some of her friends. Excellent panel. Lauren Faust on FB wanted the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic poster (only 5K of these were given away at SDCC) with all the characters in the series (even the lesser known ones), I asked Khaki if she would give it to her. She said that she would. I wasn't the only person that tried to get Lauren a poster, though.
What, Hasbro couldn't comp a poster for the creator of the freaking series? That's gratitude for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
I saw Worst Cartoons Ever. Our favorites, Mighty Mr. Titan, Super President, Paddy the Pelican, Johnny Cypher, and Sam Bassett. They showed Six Little Jungle Boys, which involves six soldiers, and most end up with something. I can't remember the title of the other one I saw, which involved two kids and a stranger.
Looks like Sam Basset and Paddy The Pelican have joined Titan, Cypher and Super President in the rotation of WCE regulars. Um kudos? I guess.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #39
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

I want to go back to San Diego sometime in the future but only because I lived in the area as a kid (Escondido, specifically) and want to spend a little time out there. But if a ka-jillion people are going to make an event pre-registering for 2012's convention, they can have it. I'll spend the time seeing sights, revisiting old neighborhoods and scaring up a dear friend of mine in Escondido.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #40
taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccook50 View Post
I want to go back to San Diego sometime in the future but only because I lived in the area as a kid (Escondido, specifically) and want to spend a little time out there. But if a ka-jillion people are going to make an event pre-registering for 2012's convention, they can have it. I'll spend the time seeing sights, revisiting old neighborhoods and scaring up a dear friend of mine in Escondido.
Maybe 2013 will be better, no Twilight movies coming out that year could help matters just a little.

Last edited by taranchula; 07-27-2011 at 04:45 PM.