Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-11-2008, 07:32 AM   #41
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

I don't know. That moist towelette looks pretty tasty.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 AM   #42
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

I'm a bit of an odd duck when it comes to food. I love most of the stuff that people just can't stand, like liver, giblets, steak and kidney pie etc. My aunt always tells me that it's the British blood in my veins that gives me a taste for all that good stuff.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #43
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Liver I like quite a bit. I like it best with a heap of fried onions but if no onions are present I'm not going to complain. Other organs I'm iffy about, at best. Kidney I might be willing to try but that's about it. Most of the rest look pretty unappetizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawbah View Post
I don't know. That moist towelette looks pretty tasty.
I can't comment on the flavor but it did have a fresh clean scent.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #44
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

I once tried a slice of Dutch Emmenthal cheese. IMHO, it tasted like rubber.
And whenever I have jam on bread, the jam has to be seedless. Can't stand eating seeds.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #45
Partymember
super-scientist

GO TEAM VENTURE!  

i like the carmelized peanuts and pretzels they give out
Old 03-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #46
LaBloo
Banned
Zombie Fighters!  

Cool. I was on Continental and nwa. they were fair
LaBloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #47
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

I hate chocolate chip pancakes and root beer. DDDDDD8 Ewwww.

lol I haven't been here in so long and I'm probably just going to tell you all I don't like root beer and leave again because I don't have a TV to watch fosters and therefore have nothing relevant to say on the rest of the forum oops. XD
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #48
L.G.
Melvineer

Carbonated drinks. I'm sorry, but my tongue just can't handle the "fizz" in those drinks . Also, most spicy foods: too hot to handle so to speak.
L.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #49
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
Shrimp. I don't like the texture nor flavor of shrimp. You can bread them, fry them, put them in cocktails, put them in mayo, whatever. I like Tempura shrimp, but that's an anomaly. Likewise, scallops have to be very good for me to enjoy them.
I'd have to agree -- well, I like shrimp, but I would rather not be acutely aware of every crunching tendon and... little shrimpy bits.

And now, The List. There actually aren't many foods that totally disgust me, but here we goooooo.

1. Mangos -- okay, actually these don't really belong here, as I like them in smoothies and juice. But the fruit itself. There's just something wrong about it, man. I mean, the texture. It's like a hybrid of every fruit there is, which sounds like it would be awesome, but it's not awesome.

2. Corn dogs -- Just. Corn dogs.

3. Mushrooms -- I want to like these. I mean, Mario does, and I respect his taste. But I just can't. Which is odd, because I liked them on pizza as a little kid. I was a weird kid, though.

4. Lobster -- I'm not entirely sure why restaurants insist on plunking an entire freakish trilobitesque Paleozoic beetle fish thing in front of you on a plate, but this practice needs to stop. There is probably no animal whose intact form I would less like to think about while trying to eat one than that of a lobster. Now it doesn't matter if they taste good or not. I have had lobsters ruined for me by lobsters themselves.

5. Eggplant -- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. Coffee -- Not really a food, but it's BITTER LIKE PESTICIDES HOW CAN YOU DRINK THIS. I prefer to ingest my caffeine in soda or candy form.

7. Licorice -- I only like fruity licorice, which is not licorice at all. Licorice really seems to be an acquired taste or something, because people either think it's the best thing ever or violently hate it.

I love avocados though. On toast (maybe a California thing), in sammiches, in salads... they have to be ripe, though. Unripe avocados are nasty.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #50
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Pretty much any arthropod that doesn't come from the sea. It may not be big over here but I know it happens elsewhere. The eating of cockroaches, beetles, ants. You know now that I think of it it does happen here. There are even little specialty shops for these items. And especially, especially butterflies. I learned about that in high school from my geography teacher. There's a dish called butterfly soup, butterflies, wings and all, in a buttery sweet & spicy broth. Now if that's not enough to make you yak.

As for the lobster thing, since no one else wants to claim responsibility I will. I'm the guy who decided that these insect looking guys would make good food, and you know what I was right. I'm just like the guy who decided that turning old milk from another animal into a solid food was a good idea. Okay, so I'm not really the guy, but that would be so cool.

Shrimp rules the world. Even the tendon-y and shrimpy parts. In fact I even eat the tail. I don't care much for scallops, though.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote