Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 PM   #21
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

I was really hopeful for this show, I thought it was a kick ass concept and a daring move to take a movie so popular with history and turn it into a TV show set between the 2nd and 3rd movie. I thought they had a great actor for Connor and some really excellent robot designs for the special effects.

But....they ended up ruining everything by messing up "history" and modernizing the series into something more 2008-ish and I felt cheated. I felt they messed up too much actual integrity of the movie by doing this and most of all, the actress playing the good female terminator I felt was bland and dismally weak.

I didn't care for her acting and I found her utterly un-compelling along with the rest of the show. I started out really into it at first, but then just gave up on it. Same with Bionic woman. Had a good shot at being something good, started out nice but ended up becoming less and less compelling and more bland and ordinary.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #22
Jackie Khones
Settling In

Gotta tie it to the bed post first  

Send a message via AIM to Jackie Khones Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie Khones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
I agree with you there, Jackie. I use to watch VH1 a lot, found it very entertaining, and it kept me up to date on my favorite celebrities. But over the last five years or so, it's all become redundant and just boring. I'll admit I loved the "I Love the '70s", "... '80s", "...'90s", they were fun. But it's becoming way too over-aired now. And yeah, I noticed too that they're using all the same lesser-known actors and actresses, as if trying to give them another jump at fame. But I'm not enjoying it near as much. I never really watch it anymore.

I never really watched MTV though, so can't say much about that. But I do wish there were still stations that just played music videos 24 hours strait. I never had a dull moment when I had insomnia. Aah, I have fond memories of music videos... *drifts off into reminisces*
Yeah, I like those 70s 80s and 90s shows, too. Very fond.

And also yeah, I would love a station with music vids 24/7
Old 07-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #23
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

I was really hopeful for this show, I thought it was a kick ass concept and a daring move to take a movie so popular with history and turn it into a TV show set between the 2nd and 3rd movie. I thought they had a great actor for Connor and some really excellent robot designs for the special effects.

But....they ended up ruining everything by messing up "history" and modernizing the series into something more 2008-ish and I felt cheated. I felt they messed up too much actual integrity of the movie by doing this and most of all, the actress playing the good female terminator I felt was bland and dismally weak.

I didn't care for her acting and I found her utterly un-compelling along with the rest of the show. I started out really into it at first, but then just gave up on it. Same with Bionic woman. Had a good shot at being something good, started out nice but ended up becoming less and less compelling and more bland and ordinary.
Didn't you say the exact same thing like two pages ago?
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
Didn't you say the exact same thing like two pages ago?
If I did then i forgot, I was tired and didn't recall if I said it before or not.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote