Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie
Lightbulb Sears! Yes, Sears!

I thought Foster's merchandise was a thing of the past. It's been about a year since Claire's has had anything Foster's, and almost two years since HT really had anything Foster's. But yesterday while at the mall, my sis and I were in the Sears junior department, when she suddenly pointed to a hoodie hanging on the wall. I FREAKED!! Seriously, you can ask her, I freaked out! I grabbed it off the bar without even looking at the size (I would come to my senses a few minutes later though), and then desperately searched through the other racks of graphic print tees, most of which were of cartoons, and I found four shirts too! Of course I had to get some of them. It's the law.

Here's the hoodie. I would have preferred XL, but they only had M and L in stock at the moment. So I can't wear a lot of layers under it, but I still love it. It also features the Yellow Man more than Blooregard, but I still love it.

The hoodie does at least have the written names of most of our favorite characters.

Aaaannnnddd I got two shirts. I love the green one because, why else, it has Mac on it! I love the comic strip background of the blue one, too. They size a bit larger than the HT shirts did. These are L since that's what I usually got at HT, but I could have gone with M.

There were two other shirts, too. There was one with the same design as the hoodie, and the other was one of the same shirts I remember HT having two or so years ago. I don't know if I can find a picture of it, but here's an avvie I made from the design last year.

It also has Cheese on it, and the words "Here comes trouble!" I'm sure some of you remember that shirt.

We didn't look in the young men's department, but there MIGHT be some Foster's stuff there too.

Oh, and one other thing, they were half the price as the shirts HT use to have, even though they're basically the same thing. The shirts were $10 and the hoodie was $20. Now THAT made me super happy. But finding that there's still new Foster's clothing for sale just made my whole week.

Last edited by Lynnie; 12-17-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Typos must be destroyed. It's the law.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Actual Foster's merchandise? It's a Christmas miracle!

Can't help noticing that the little yellow dullard is on everything. Regardless, congrats on a great find!

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #3
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

I love that green one. I wish I could find shirts like that in the UK.

Nice find!

"I'm Mr Herriman and I approve this message."
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

Must...go...to Sears!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

That is amazing! Thanks for the report Lynnie!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
ryanjf97
Banned
Yay. Go Chowder!  

OMFG! go to this link NOW!

Last edited by ryanjf97; 12-18-2009 at 04:46 PM.
ryanjf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Sears, at least the stores that sell clothes, are usually in a mall. The original stores a number of decades ago only sold appliances and vehicle supplies. But now they sell pretty much everything, even a small amount of food! They may be an American only company. I haven't looked, but they might be availible for order online though.

I forgot to share a funny little story about when checking out. I was excited, so I was being a little more talkative than I needed to be probably. I told her how excited I was to see these, and how much I just LOVE the show and showed her the button of Ed on my wallet and the Cheese charm on my phone. She asked what show it was. I told her "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends". She said "Oh yeah, I remember that show! It was funny!" I'm all like, Uh, you recognized the name but not the characters on these garments? And how long ago was this that you saw it? And then she pointed to Bloo and said "I like this guy the best." I said "Blooregard?" and she said "Yeah", and acted like she was going to repeat his name, but maybe needed to hear it again to be sure she said it right. I could tell she really had no clue the show even existed until I brought it up. She was just humoring me. But she was nice, and it made for an amusing story.

Edit: There ya go, Ryan! You edited your post while I was typing.

Last edited by Lynnie; 12-18-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Arrow And JC Penney!!

Among my Christmas gifts I opened this morning was a little gift bag from my mother and inside was another shirt identical to the green one above except it was purple. I got excited again (yes, I really do love the show and that shirt THAT much, I get excited at getting a second one ) and asked my mother if she got it at Sears. She said no, she got it at JC Penney. Sooo, JC Penney appears to have Foster's stuff too! And now I'm wondering if other similar department stores might also have Foster's stuff in their Junior department.

My mother admitted she was annoyed at my getting myself the stuff at Sears last week, because now I had two of the same shirt. But I assured her I was just as excited to be getting a second one of a different color, and just as excited to hear that JC Penney also has Foster's stuff.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
Another Castle
At Home

Those designs are brilliant!

Just the problem is they focus so much on Cheese- You'd think he is the star of the show- and it neglects the others a bit. Mac Daddy was the only good Cheese episodes in my opinion (The Big Cheese and Cheese-a-go-go were baaaad! But I liked his cameo in the Big Picture! )

I'd of thought, since the show ended so long ago now(well, in a way), I didn't know if they still sold this kind of stuff. These shirts are obviously aimed at the young adult female- has there been such huge demand? Are the creators f the show surprised about such wide age appeal?

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #10
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
Just the problem is they focus so much on Cheese- You'd think he is the star of the show- and it neglects the others a bit.
Yes, most of us are annoyed by this, too. Hot Topic did the same thing, if not even worse. They had a number of merchandise that had no one BUT Cheese on it. At least we see Ed and Coco here, and Mac too. For some reason, which few of us understand, Cheese is just the most popular character, because he's so obnoxious. So it's their marketing technique to put Cheese on everything so it sells.

Quote:
I'd of thought, since the show ended so long ago now(well, in a way), I didn't know if they still sold this kind of stuff. These shirts are obviously aimed at the young adult female- has there been such huge demand? Are the creators f the show surprised about such wide age appeal?
I don't know how huge demand it's in, but yes, it's maintained it's popularity with teen girls and young adult women, due to it's "punk rock" flair. It seems to be almost as popular with guys of the same age, but guys don't seem to be as willing to wear cartoon characters on their clothing, so there's not as much men's Foster's attire.

And oh no, the creators of the show are well aware how wide an age range is interested in their show.