Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:14 AM   #11
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Awwwws.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #12
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

I got something to say I have not said at all:

I really love this website, and I thank the Sparkster to appealing to my incessant child behavior, and the love of the show. When I found this place - it was (and still is) a goldmine of everything you wanted to know about Foster's but were afraid to ask. I have met some very interesting people here (whom I wished meeting at the ComicCon, but was unable to attend). I do not post very often here (because of my job and other outside activities), but I do enjoy visiting.

Again Sparky, thank you for a good home to run to when I feel abandoned out in the real world.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #13
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
I got something to say I have not said at all:

I really love this website, and I thank the Sparkster to appealing to my incessant child behavior, and the love of the show. When I found this place - it was (and still is) a goldmine of everything you wanted to know about Foster's but were afraid to ask. I have met some very interesting people here (whom I wished meeting at the ComicCon, but was unable to attend). I do not post very often here (because of my job and other outside activities), but I do enjoy visiting.

Again Sparky, thank you for a good home to run to when I feel abandoned out in the real world.
Dude, I totally didn't see this post until now, I either glanced at it when it was first posted and it didn't register because I was distracted or the forum didn't flag the thread as having new posts...anyways you're welcome. I do my best.

Anyways I just sifted through all my saved emails thinking I had kept more of my bizarre correspondences regarding the Foster's site; I wanted to share some, but it looks like I wiped them last time I cleaned house or something. I do have a couple series of emails from some memorable characters and some incriminating printscreens of certain websites, but I don't want to re-start any wars so I won't drag that stuff back up. But it's sure been an interesting ride so far.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #14
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Heh, I'd love to see some of that stuff sometime.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #15
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

That's wonderful that you got an e-mail from someone involved with something you love so much, Sparky. What really makes that e-mail seem special to me is that they took the initiative to contact you.
It's one thing to mail a celebrity and get a reply, but a celebrity went out of their way to tell you how they appreciate your love of their show. I'm sure the rewards you get from this site far out way the headaches you must get from maintaining it.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #16
Sparky

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medikor View Post
I'm sure the rewards you get from this site far out way the headaches you must get from maintaining it.
To be perfectly frank, they don't. I'm sorry to say it but I want to be honest with you guys. You have no idea of the things I've had to deal with because of this website. I may quit some day, but I'll be sure to try and pass the site on to someone I trust first.

Anyways I've gotten emails from professionals before regarding my other sites, its not just this one. If you do more than just throw together a site which is mostly just links to other sites people will notice. It takes a lot of devotion to run a good site, and it's NOT a job for someone who just wants to do it for the "glory" or to be be popular or whatever. Sometimes I think this site is only as successful as it is because I view it at least as much as an actual job as I do a hobby.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #17
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Dude, I totally didn't see this post until now, I either glanced at it when it was first posted and it didn't register because I was distracted or the forum didn't flag the thread as having new posts...anyways you're welcome. I do my best.

Anyways I just sifted through all my saved emails thinking I had kept more of my bizarre correspondences regarding the Foster's site; I wanted to share some, but it looks like I wiped them last time I cleaned house or something. I do have a couple series of emails from some memorable characters and some incriminating printscreens of certain websites, but I don't want to re-start any wars so I won't drag that stuff back up. But it's sure been an interesting ride so far.
Don't worry Sparky, I have to apologize too, because I got miffed by the lack of response. I forgot what stress it is to run such a website (especially when it gets a surprise visit from the Foster creators), and not have time for everyone. I am quick to have contempt prior to investigation (a fault of mine which I constantly work on).

Last edited by Howard; 10-01-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #18
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck2k View Post
Don't worry Sparky, I have to apologize too, because I got miffed by the lack of response.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I honestly hadn't even seen the post or, like I said, I may have actually "seen" it but it didn't register.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #19
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

No worries! You're only human, Sparky and I'm sure that if you needed it, most of us would be willing to help in some way. You gave us a wonderful site to get together with other fans of our favorite show.
I've been to a lot of nasty boards run by equally nasty mods in the past five or so years. I have been very lucky to make some great friends who guided me to some wonderful havens run by some of the nicest people you could ever meet online. "Sparky" happens to be one of the names at the top of my list hard working mods that would bend over backwards for you.
I guess I'm just trying to say "Thank You" for all the hard work that you put into this board. Because of your efforts we have a safe and friendly environment to talk about our common interests and you should really give yourself a pat on the back. I don't doubt that it's hard and frustrating to maintain a board like this but remember that your efforts don't go unappreciated.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #20
Sparky

Lol, okay, thank you, and you're welcome. But let's please not make this (or any other thread) into the "Let's all thank Sparky" thread, it makes me feel weird. I appreciate that y'all appreciate what I do, but I'd do it no matter what people say, and I don't like having my ego stroked, especially not in public. My ego is shy. And lives under a rock.