Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 09-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #631
Howard
Desert Rat

Only the best!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerostarMonk View Post
It's just no in my nature. I know how to be polite. I'm one of the last people I who still says excuse me at an expulsion of gas or "Bless you" when I sneeze. Something that I haven't seen from anyone else in a long time.

I actually do have a hard time telling the difference between insincere and sincere compliments. I honestly believe that few people have anything nice to say to me, so I instantly don't believe what they say. It just bothers me that they have to come up to my face and lie. It makes me livid in fact. I do not being lied too. Or made out to be a fool. I can't return the compliment without a twinge of malice. And it's my own doing. It wasn't the way I was brought up or raised it's how I grew up to see things. It's just my nature. And I wouldn't call it Imperialist American thought, met way too many internationals who act the same. But I'm sorry if I I've upset you in anyway. I do try my best to be polite in most situations. Just been complimented too many times as a joke or a way to shut me up that I don't trust any of them anymore and rather not put up a filter to weed out the good or bad. I actually am most sorry about this.

However, I do believe it's best we moved on. If you would like to continue this conversation we can do so in PM.

Something that really riles me up is when people give you dirty looks from afar. Even if they don't know you. It has to be one of the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced.
Don't worry Aerostar Monk, I have dropped it; at least a couple of you know my pet peeves anyway. The dirty looks thing? I hate it too, but I actually smile back and watch the confusion on their face!
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #632
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Angry ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
>>; it's a CHURCH.
[j/k!]
hehe good one. Yeah, what's Annoying about it, is that EVERY DAY at like 12:00 pee-ehm and AGAIN AT 06:00 pee-ehm, it plays loud obnoxious church hymms on phony sounding bells! UGH!
Old 09-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #633
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
>>; it's a CHURCH.
[j/k!]
Hah hah, funny.

I can't recall if this was mentioned, but I dislike being ignored.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:30 AM   #634
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Then don't go to the Best Buy in my neighborhood. They act like I don't exist half the time, and when I do finally get someone's attention they're not especially friendly or helpful. Frankly it's starting to feel a little personal.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:19 PM   #635
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk

Employment blockers. When it seems that every employee and middle manager in a restaurant, store or other business is trying to keep you from getting employed. I understand times are hard, and you need all the hours you can get, but this is just a new low for society.
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #636
xxxClaire
Teenage Wasteland

Live everyday like you're Glen Coco.  

Send a message via MSN to xxxClaire

Quote:
Something that really riles me up is when people give you dirty looks from afar. Even if they don't know you. It has to be one of the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced.
Ugh. I get this all the time. Random people will give me a dirty looks, or whisper stuff about me to the person next to them, and occasionally, the finger.
It really ticks me off considering they've never actually had a conversation with me or anything. They don't know me at all!

? Long Live Jeremiah ?

Last edited by xxxClaire; 10-02-2007 at 08:28 AM.
xxxClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #637
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

What the-? WHY would people give you the finger, just randomly, for passing by? I hear a lot from foreigners about how New Zealand's really friendly, but pass it off as them just making a random compliment. But if people in other countries will flip you off just for BEING there, then maybe we ARE especially friendly. Which would be sad.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #638
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
I've gotten that, too, and not always from a distance. It's upsetting, but it's something I've decided I have to live with.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 06-02-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #639
Little Baby IceCream
Settling In
I think I'll call you Chewy  

What really ticks me off? The guy that always talks about me to his friends in Science class. It annoys me soooo much! I can't tell if he's teasing me or what. This eye sees all!

Little Baby IceCream

Little Baby IceCream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #640
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

If there's one thing I hate... the most out of anything... it's nostalgia bombs. I talk to people every day who think the old is better than the new. For example, everyone thought the old Ninja Turtles cartoon of the 80's was better than the more recent cartoon... know what's funny about this? The 80's Ninja Turtles was a glorified toy ad with bad writing, while the newer series actually had better writing than the old. Of course... nobody wanted to accept this in any way because apparently old is better than new. Much like the people that think NES games are better than games that come out today, which is a lie. While it's great to play old NES games every once in a while, they really aren't able to hold a candle to what is out there today. If you keep having nostalgia bombs... you'll just age faster in my opinion.