Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky
Default Foster's Merchandise In Public

Have you gotten people complimenting you on your Foster's shirts etc? I don't usually, but I wore my Deo shirt today (plus I have Bloo and Cheese patches on my purse) and two different people (our waitress at lunch and the cashier at Michael's) told me how much they loved the show. (I usually tell people who comment on my Foster's gear how I run this site, lol. Can't help it.)

It's ALWAYS adults who tell me that they love the show, but perhaps most kids aren't into the habit of speaking to strangers, which is cool. (Kids talked to me at last year's Comic-Con though, they loved Wilt. And I talked to one really cool kid about Infernal Slumber, which had aired that Friday so I hadn't seen it yet.) But still, its neat how many grown-ups like the show. Hm...always women, no men have ever told me they love Foster's. Yet. They usually say specifically that they love Cheese.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Have you gotten people complimenting you on your Foster's shirts etc? I don't usually, but I wore my Deo shirt today (plus I have Bloo and Cheese patches on my purse) and two different people (our waitress at lunch and the cashier at Michael's) told me how much they loved the show. (I usually tell people who comment on my Foster's gear how I run this site, lol. Can't help it.)

It's ALWAYS adults who tell me that they love the show, but perhaps most kids aren't into the habit of speaking to strangers, which is cool. (Kids talked to me at last year's Comic-Con though, they loved Wilt. And I talked to one really cool kid about Infernal Slumber, which had aired that Friday so I hadn't seen it yet.) But still, its neat how many grown-ups like the show. Hm...always women, no men have ever told me they love Foster's. Yet. They usually say specifically that they love Cheese.
I get LOTS of positive comments from the public on my hand-painted Wilt pocket shirt and on the Wilt figurine on my RAV-4 dash, and like you said, it's always from adults. Every time I've been in a Hot Topic store, as soon as the employees find out that I'm looking at the Foster's merchandise, they start telling me how much they love the show, especially how much they love Wilt, but like you, it's mostly women who tell me these things, lol! I have run into some male adult fans, though, like our preacher. As for children, I'm kinda in a unique position, being a teacher, so a lot of them do open up to me. Quite a few of them watch the show, too, though again, the really serious Foster's fans are girls. Many of the boys won't admit they watch it, because of that mind-set that the only animation they should watch is from Japan, and anything else is for babies.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
basilsunshine
Settling In
I get by with a little help from my friends.  

Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma. I'm native american. & no, it's not a farm.

I wore my foster's shirt to school once, and it's a high school. The shirt was one of the first foster's shirts they had at Hot Topic. Anyway, there was a senior in my art class that really LOVES that show. And a few other girls have complimented as well. Now I just have this cute little coin purse, so my future complimenterssss will probably be cashiers or something.

My mom likes the foster's key covers I have though. To tell my keys apart. I have an Eduardo key...cap....thingy for my house key. So cute man.
basilsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:26 AM   #4
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie
Wink

The only Foster's clothing I have (so far) is the Bloo hoodie the CN store had last year. I'm careful to wear it mostly because I'm afraid of ruining it somehow, because I L-O-V-E it, and don't want anything to happen to it, ever, ever, ever!! Anyway, while I was wearing it to work one day one of the girls in a different department saw it and shreiked "Oh my God! You watch that show??" I smiled and proudly said Yup. And she said "I LOVE that show! That's so awesome! There are more adults who aren't shy to admit it!" I told her I understood her wholeheartedly. Once when I went to the grocery store a little girl about 5 or 6 pointed at me and gasped, and told her mom "Look, it's Bloo!" I gave them a pleasant smile, and the mom smiled back at me, but since the girl didn't talk to me dirrectly, I felt it might be over the line if I approached them further and started talking about it. But I'm sure they noticed my amusement at her noticing, and I noticed they're approval. It was pretty cool.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
Imaginary Light
Princess of Zingapore, Wisconsin

Send a message via AIM to Imaginary Light

I've gotten many compliments at school on my Foster's shirts before. I've noticed that it's usually art students too

Also, I was at Darien Lake a while ago, and I was wearing my Bloo paddle ball shirt, and this African American girl around my age started freaking out about how much she loved Bloo. Then these other two girls around my age noticed my shirt and went "Look! It's Bloo!" Haha, I love it when things like that happen
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 PM   #6
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

As I said in the "Craig's Blog shirt" thread, this is quite a conversation top.

Everyone at school had been constantly annoyed by the fact that I doodled "It's Hot in Topeka" on every writable surface in the building that I came near (which meant that you could pretty much track where I had been in the school by just looking to see if there was Bloo on the wipe/chalk boards)... So yes, everyone noticed. And like I also said in the "Craig's Blog Shirt" thread, most of my friends thought that Bloo was a Pacman ghost.

Needless to say, I was pretty annoyed...

-Marty
Old 07-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

So far, I really haven't had any compliments of wearing my Foster's shirts in public. Then again, I don't really go out much. The only compliments I received were when I wore the Bloo costume at Anime Expo last year; I was a hit over there.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM   #8
WiltFan
At Home

Hmm...yessss...  

I've gotten tons of comments when I wear my Foster's shirts. =) My most recent one was from a (male) Disneyland Cast Member about a week ago. (I was wearing the grey shirt with Bloo playing paddleball) His first response was "BLOO!" lol Besides that, he just said that the shirt was awesome and that he loves Foster's.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 AM   #9
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

I have accumulated a handful of compliments for my Craig's Blog t-shirt, only the vast majority of folks who've commented upon it aren't familiar with the show or the characters. They just think it's a cool shirt.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #10
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I own the Quiet Intensity Bloo shirt. I wore it to school the day before it was over, and I got alot of "omgs" and "lols" form both teachers and kids. Drama Girl, of course, was super jealous.

Once I wore it in public, and a cashier in Justice (a girl store; it's partners with Limited Too) complimented me.

I'm trying to get that Berry shirt.

Last edited by Nyo; 07-09-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote