Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltGirl View Post
action figures rule! i got loads of tmnt ones. (cant find any fhfif, any one no where in britain they might be sold????)

WG
Well, proper Foster's action figures were never commercially available anywhere, to my knowledge. Foster's never really got the massive merchandising boom which a lot of us were expecting, you see - the Hot Topic range was pretty much the peak of it. There was a small selection of Foster's toys, the remanents of which you might still be able to find on ebay, though you'd probably have to import them from an American or Canadian seller. The Official Cartoon Network UK Store used to sell a limited range of Foster's merchandise, although there isn't really very much left at the moment, other than the paper aeroplane journal.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 04-05-2009 at 01:23 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Frost
Newly Abandoned

"...So Pathetic"  

Everybody that I know (Adults) doesn't really watch cartoons, but to some adults it seems really amusing to them. So I guess it could be for adults as well. Animation is to entertain and sometimes amuse the person that is watching it. And of course to show creativity. So I guess it is fair for adults to watch cartoons, especially Foster's or any type of cartoons for that matter.
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

I remember when I was 11, I use to get teased for "still watching that junk". 6 years later, and still watching them, my peers just stopped caring. My family doesn't care, though my Dad use to tell me I'm too old for it. (I think after my art started to improve, he stopped messing with me. Weird...)

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:53 AM   #14
WestBunny:3
Newly Abandoned

We must dominate the world!  

Foster's is indeed one of the finest cartoon series ever, and it has many jokes and hints that only adults understand. People always seem to love the series, no matter who I show it to: my mom, my best friends, my thirty year old cousins...
Old 04-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #15
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

Silly, Nervous, Helpful and Blue.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrimanWasHere View Post
I remember when I was 11, I use to get teased for "still watching that junk". 6 years later, and still watching them, my peers just stopped caring. My family doesn't care, though my Dad use to tell me I'm too old for it. (I think after my art started to improve, he stopped messing with me. Weird...)
my art is based alot around cartoons, and when i'm drawing them, its the only time my mam doesnt complain. but i think u dont have to draw to have ur creativity increased by cartoons. i have a very poor imagination, and i'm positive that cartoons have helped increase it.

WG
WiltGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #16
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

Really, if any adult tells you you're too old for cartoons (not just Foster's, but in general), they're probably just envois you can watch kids without being self-conscious that watching toons equals to "Omg I'm not a grown-up!!"

And this is from a 14-year-old girl, too

Last edited by Nyo; 04-09-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #17
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

It took me 10 years to convince my parents that drawing CAN be a serious job.

Now, after studying Administration for 4 years and working as an Administrator for 2 years, I've officially given up on the Admin-works and in two weeks I'll start a study in Graphic Design! I consider the Admin-stuff as a 'back-up' now...
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:54 AM   #18
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
It took me 10 years to convince my parents that drawing CAN be a serious job.

Now, after studying Administration for 4 years and working as an Administrator for 2 years, I've officially given up on the Admin-works and in two weeks I'll start a study in Graphic Design! I consider the Admin-stuff as a 'back-up' now...
Which you'll no doubt excel at, if your Shakes the Clown comic is any indication.

I don't much care if a program is animated or live-action. What difference does it make, as long as it's entertaining? None that I can see. Foster's is a children's show, sure, and obviously it's animated, but that doesn't mean adults can't or shouldn't enjoy it, and the existence of this forum pretty much proves that.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
Another Castle
At Home

Perhaps there is a theme in Fosters that you can still enjoy something people think you are too old for- look at Mac and Madame Foster- who both still are attached to thier imaginary friends

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #20
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

Absolutely agreed, OP!

Tags
adults, brillant, cartooon, liberty