Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Humans

Notices

Humans Discuss the main human characters: Mac, Frankie, Madame Foster, Goo, Terrence, and Mom.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #1471
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Wow, a thread that turned into an ARGUMENT. I'm sorry, but y'all need to calm down a little. The show is NOT centered on ONE character, no matter how many episodes they're in; it's about MANY characters. Ever see a Socket-Tubey-centric episode? Or Jackie Khones? How about Creeky Pete? Well? Even if they're not major characters, they still are characters. And there's only a certain amount of characters the staff can place into an episode. Not all characters have a large (or small) part in all episodes all the time. Exception is Bloo, not even Mac, since there was at least one time where Mac didn't have a large role in an episode. (In Room with a Feud he didn't come in until the last part of the second act)

Therefore, we shouldn't be arguing about who has more episodes, CG is right; it takes the fun out of the show. So what if a certain character doesn't have a big role? They will someday. What's a character without at least ONE little role? One that never appears?

Think about it - is text arguing really worth it? What's a forum with people who can't accept differences? Vinny has opinions, CG has opinions, Voxxyn has opinions, ORD has opinions, EVERYONE has opinions, and each of them are of different views. Like them or not, they will not change for a dime.

This argument needs to stop, please. This forum was most likely not built to text fight, but to express ideas and opinions and whatnot. Even if I don't usually go to this thread, I'd hate it to be closed down because of arguing. Now let us move this behind us and move on, okay?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #1472
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
thats cus Frankie is only used when she is *needed*. Voxxen, foster's is *not* about "Frankie", please try to understand that. i wish it was all about Mac, and you want it all about Frankie, but it doesnt work like that.
I don't believe Vox is asking for it to be all about Frankie Vinny and I think your misinterpreting the message here. Frankie is a character and not something to use when needed, she is a walking, talking, feeling, and affecting character just like anyone else in the show like Mr. Herriman or Madame Foster.

Vox (I assume) and myself are not asking Frankie to be ALL about her, but just to give her a little more of a taste of the spotlight. The creators of the show clearly don't have a problem with giving Frankie more center air time, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered pouring the money and resources into her episodes.

"Setting a president" and "Frankie my dear" cost money to make and they wouldn't make those episodes unless they felt Frankie needed some more screen time. The show doesn't have to be focused on one person just to give someone more elbow room to grow and develop as a character.

Furthermore, because Frankie lives IN the house, she's already integrated into the show on an important level considering the show focuses on the house. The show doesn't have to be all about Frankie or Mac or Bloo or anyone all the time, but a few more character centered episodes won't hurt anyone.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #1473
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I understand that Vox doesn't actually want the show to be all about Frankie, etc; the problem is he doesn't come off that way. I do have issues about the way he reacts to other people having their own opinions, but I'll be honest, I don't believe he will ever be able to stop doing that.

I do want everyone to remember that it is not *necessary* for any one character to only have *one* discussion thread (especially a super popular character). If anyone wants to branch this thread off into say, a slightly more specific Frankie discussion, they're encouraged to do so. After all, this one has become largely a Frankie-worship thread (sorry, I'm using the term loosely, I'm not poking fun at anyone, but I guess you know what I mean, right?), which makes it awkward whenever someone wants to talk about something else in regards to Frankie.

It *is* okay for people to have a two-sided conversation on this forum, and I'll back up anyone who wants to do it. I'd start a new thread myself, but...I don't have anything specific to say, and I'd be breaking one of my own rules.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #1474
Voxxyn
Banned

Thank you very much, Mr. M; I agree with that completely. I NEVER said I wanted the show to be "only Frankie".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
After all, this one has become largely a Frankie-worship thread (sorry, I'm using the term loosely, I'm not poking fun at anyone, but I guess you know what I mean, right?), which makes it awkward whenever someone wants to talk about something else in regards to Frankie.
Considering how long it's been since we've had any new episodes and considering how Frankie has had so few episodes centered on her, it's either "Frankie worship"(And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, because she deserves all the appreciation we can give her) or speculation about future episodes.

And by 'speculation', I want it to be about actually discussing what possible roles she could have in future episodes instead of merely arguing whether or not she will have a major role to begin with. I don't like this argument at all.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 04-23-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 PM   #1475
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
It *is* okay for people to have a two-sided conversation on this forum, and I'll back up anyone who wants to do it. I'd start a new thread myself, but...I don't have anything specific to say, and I'd be breaking one of my own rules.
Does this mean a new Goofball thread can be started, I was kind of upset that they locked the Goofball poll/thread, since every now and then new people were voting; dispite the Frankie worshoping in that thread.

MOnty
Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #1476
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxxyn View Post
it's either "Frankie worship" or speculation about future episodes.

I want it to be
(Quote only edited down because I didn't need it all, not altered)

Guess what. YOU don't get to ordain what people can and can not talk about on this forum. Believe it or not, other people actually like to talk about OTHER things regarding any single character besides all their positive traits, or what things they may do in future episodes. And they CAN, and I will see to it that they WILL, if they WANT to. Because *I* say so. Because this is MY website, and I made it for *many* people, not just a select few. You're free to make your own site. Pretty soon, you may have to, because this post of yours *really* went over the line.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

And you totally *made* me say that.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #1477
Voxxyn
Banned

I didn't mean to say that others aren't allowed to express their opinions.

I'm sorry, Sparky. I really am. I promise to better my behavior from now on.

Last edited by Voxxyn; 04-23-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #1478
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by montitech View Post
Does this mean a new Goofball thread can be started, I was kind of upset that they locked the Goofball poll/thread, since every now and then new people were voting; dispite the Frankie worshoping in that thread.

MOnty
We'll think about it.

I like to think there's room in this thread for both adoration and discussion, and a discussion is what I thought we were having; it is perhaps a bit heated in spots, but it doesn't honestly feel like an argument to me.

Edit - Missed a couple of posts. Now it's starting to feel argumentative.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 04-23-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #1479
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I like to think there's room in this thread for both adoration and discussion, and a discussion is what I thought we were having; it is perhaps a bit heated in spots, but it doesn't honestly feel like an argument to me.

Edit - Missed a couple of posts. Now it's starting to feel argumentative.
I prefer adoration. I just noticed that after I logged in, this thread was getting very argumentative. We could have either one or the other, but not arguments. Sorry, if I was becoming argumentative.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #1480
vinny
The real mac.

NO U  

Send a message via MSN to vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
(Quote only edited down because I didn't need it all, not altered)

Guess what. YOU don't get to ordain what people can and can not talk about on this forum. Believe it or not, other people actually like to talk about OTHER things regarding any single character besides all their positive traits, or what things they may do in future episodes. And they CAN, and I will see to it that they WILL, if they WANT to. Because *I* say so. Because this is MY website, and I made it for *many* people, not just a select few. You're free to make your own site. Pretty soon, you may have to, because this post of yours *really* went over the line.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

And you totally *made* me say that.
i think the problem is that some people join cus they like one character and should be here cus they like the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marshmallow View Post
I don't believe Vox is asking for it to be all about Frankie Vinny and I think your misinterpreting the message here. Frankie is a character and not something to use when needed, she is a walking, talking, feeling, and affecting character just like anyone else in the show like Mr. Herriman or Madame Foster.
no, you are the one misunderstanding. Frankie is a "character" [like i said before] that is only used when needed. why cant you accept this?

Last edited by Cassini90125; 04-23-2007 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Closed Thread