Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Can't comment too much on this eppie since it came on WHILE we were sitting down to our Thanksgiving dinner. I did however see the scene on the roof with Fluffer Nutter and Jackie and woah!! Romance is officially in the show! That is, where it's a mutual atraction, not just a crush (or obsession) by only one of the parties, and a step further than a mutual interest. I found it hilarious! That scene and the one toward the end where Peas is telling Frankie what to say to the news anchor woman. I see it has few fans already. I likely will be among them, seeing it was indeed "TBC" all over again despite my hope and even expectation that the two episodes would have little to do with eachother, or maybe just a mistake in writing the synopsis. But I need to see it in the whole before really coming up with an opinion of it.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #22
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Can't comment too much on this eppie since it came on WHILE we were sitting down to our Thanksgiving dinner. I did however see the scene on the roof with Fluffer Nutter and Jackie and woah!! Romance is officially in the show! That is, where it's a mutual atraction, not just a crush (or obsession) by only one of the parties, and a step further than a mutual interest. I found it hilarious! That scene and the one toward the end where Peas is telling Frankie what to say to the news anchor woman. I see it has few fans already. I likely will be among them, seeing it was indeed "TBC" all over again despite my hope and even expectation that the two episodes would have little to do with eachother, or maybe just a mistake in writing the synopsis. But I need to see it in the whole before really coming up with an opinion of it.
THAT scene with Jackie and Fluffer Nutters was probably the best thing in the episode, along with the killer dust mites(sorta reminded me of the spiders in The Ant Bully); those things really have it in for me, too, though in a different way. Like Wilt, I can't be too far from my asthma inhaler on account of those things, among others. BUT, I digress...yes, it does appear that romance, or at least relationships based on mutual attraction, IS no longer taboo. Rather than a one-sided crush that the crushee has no clue of, it's two individuals this time, and apparently one tried to go a bit too far(whatdya expect from a guy who dresses like a pimp for Halloween, and sings like Isaac Hayes in the end credits of "Schlock Star"?). Pretty much all of the taboos that were once outlined on TV.com a couple of years ago have been breached, except for the actual death of a major character, and that's one I really hope they keep taboo.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #23
Bloo2daMacs
Banned

THE REFORMER...  

"Curse you and your long legs!"

This episode wasn't great. But it wasn't a TOTAL letdown for me. I liked the scene with Khones and Fluffer Nutter. o_o

Personally I though "Imposter's Home was a better episode, but then again, that's not much of an insult coming from me. I liked "Imposter's Home", hence my avatar.
Bloo2daMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #24
Nyo
Little Miss Awesome Sauce

*bang!*  

I didn't see this ep yet (darn dinner >_>) but I might not bother seeing it's bascially a TBC retelling as everyone says it is. Any saving graces?

I couldn't help but burst out laughing when I heard about Jackie/Fluffer making out. I freakin' want to see that NOW XDDD
Old 11-22-2007, 08:13 PM   #25
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I truly wish they'd left that out.

The dust mites in the rug were funny but that's the only real high point; the episode was almost entirely focused on Peas and his efforts to get to Frankie, first to tell her that Cheese was in the house, then to unlock the door. It was a retelling of TBC but focused on a previously unknown character.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #26
Nyo

*bang!*  

Ah I see, I actually find retells of a story interesting, so I may catch it soon. Is Peas annoying in anyway? I heard he has a Mickey Mouse-ish voice.

(But I mainly want to see the make-out *bricked*)
Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #27
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

There's no "make-out" to see, thank the stars; it was only implied.

I thought Peas's voice resembled a cross between Mickey Mouse and Mr. Hankey. Seriously.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #28
Nyo

*bang!*  

Oh OK, thanks for clearing that up. FHFIF is just one of those cartoons where romance is kinda random.

Mr. Hankey-ish voice? Haha, can't wait to see this ep.

Last edited by Nyo; 11-22-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Nyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #29
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

Was that Keith doing a Mickey Mouse impression in that episode?

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #30
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

This episode was... strange. I almost feel like taking it as non-canon, and take it for what it is; an alternate version of an already aired episode. I NEVER want to see Frankie like that ever again. I've always thought of her as a girl with a can-do attitude, and I was amazed that she saved the house at the end of TBC. After seeing this though, it makes it look like Frankie has a tendency to give up no matter what. Somebody mentioned Cheese looking brighter/paler before, and in the 5th season of this show, they've been using a different shade of yellow for one reason or another. A strange character, awesome moment between Jackie and Fluffernutter, and a really sour ending...

Somewhere between a C- and D+