Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:44 AM   #111
Vexacus07
Newly Abandoned

Maybe is this thread the one you are looking for:
http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2118

or this one:
http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491
Vexacus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #112
Vicks
At Home

Yes, and yes! Thank you! And thanks for explaining, Sparky! I did think I was losing my mind for a bit there. lol (not too hard to do)
~Vicks
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #113
bugg
Newly Abandoned

Default Arrow Keys?

I don't even know if this qualifies as an 'error' or not, but it's driving me nuts...
All of the sudden I can't use my arrow keys within menus (like the floors for the elevator and the map for the bus) - have to use the mouse to select where I want to go - which doesn't make any sense to me bc I'm obviously using the arrow keys just fine w/in the game itself...

is this happening to anybody else??
bugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #114
montitech
Foster's Legend

Yes this happens to me,
It is unknown for the source of the issue, but it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

It could be other applications in the backround, or it could be due to some othre web site you visited interfearing with the game.

so basically ignore it, use the mouse and eventually it will work again.

Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugg View Post
I don't even know if this qualifies as an 'error' or not, but it's driving me nuts...
All of the sudden I can't use my arrow keys within menus (like the floors for the elevator and the map for the bus) - have to use the mouse to select where I want to go - which doesn't make any sense to me bc I'm obviously using the arrow keys just fine w/in the game itself...

is this happening to anybody else??
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #115
Divelucaya
Settling In
Best Road Trip Ever  

This has happens to me also and even if I log out, close IE, reopen and log on under either my or my son's account the problem continues. The only way I can fix it is to restart the computer. Something else strange happened the other day. The game usually loads to 100% and then sits there for a while with the music playing before Mr. Herriman appears. But the other day it went to 100% and was silent (no music). Then Mr. Herriman appeared and said repeatedly "Here is the list, here is the list, here is the list" like his normal spiel had been shortened and put on a loop. I couldn't log out but instead had to close IE and wait 5 minutes because I hadn't properly logged out.
Divelucaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:37 PM   #116
camper
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divelucaya View Post
Try completely uninstalling Flash Player and then reinstall the latest version. Make sure you follow the instructions at the web site below. If Flash is not completely uninstalled and a corrupt file is left behind then the newly installed Flash Player may not work either. Hope this helps for you as I had the same problem and this method worked for me.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=2

If you use Internet Explorer, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Shockwave Player. Here is the web site for the uninstaller:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...r_Version=MSIE
Hmm, I'll give that a try. And actually, I tried both IE and Firefox to run the game. Since IE is slow on loading the game sometimes, so I use Firefox. But in the case of both cannot be loaded, that's the reason why I tell the Flash problem. I'll let you know when my problem is solved. Thank you.

EDIT : I tried, it's still not working. I think is it because that I install Flash CS3, which means the Flash plugin is not detected as the detection is in the Macromedia folder, not the Adobe folder. Am I right? ??? Should I install back Flash 8?

Last edited by camper; 09-10-2007 at 10:13 PM.
camper is offline   Reply With Quote