Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 05-09-2008, 03:37 AM   #1351
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
Quick...somebody call Gordon Ramsay!
Or better yet, don't. The less I see of that man, the better.

I'm sorry. You know me, I really don't like to step on anybody's toes. But I honestly can't stand Gordon Ramsay - for reasons which I really don't care to discuss - and I'm a little bit tired of having him shoved down my throat every time I switch on the television or walk into a book/kitchenware store. There's currently no escaping the man. I know that he has somes fans here, and that's perfectly fine by me, but if he's going to be penetrating this forum too then I just needed a little bit of space to vent. So, forgive me. It's in the right thread at least.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:13 AM   #1352
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

From what little I know of the man he strikes me as quite an unlikable, disagreeable sort, akin to Simon from American Idol but less pleasant. In both cases as far as I'm concerned the word "butthead" comes to mind.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 05-09-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:31 AM   #1353
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Is he the host of that show "Hell's Kitchen"? I can't stand that guy. I've seen a few episodes of that show and he scared me away from it.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:38 AM   #1354
Frankie_4_Prez
At Home

Frankie encourages you to READ!  

To think people pay big bucks for food served up with that kinda attitude... I'd rather starve for a day or two!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #1355
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I've eaten at one of his restaurants. He wasn't there at the time, but the food and service were incredible. Really.

Do not ask about how much it cost.

BUT ANYWAY

At first, I wondered if Gordon Ramsay was just putting on his attitude for the show. As it turns out, Judge Judy is that way - she's supposedly a lot nicer when not on the bench. No, eviodently he's just as mean in real life, and has gottenin trouble for physically assaulting staff and customers.

Yeah, customers.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #1356
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

I don't know why people are so surprise Ramsay is just as much of a jerkface in real life as he is on his show. He was given his show because he's such a terribly ruthless man. But, then again, in order to do well in a capitalistic society, you basically have to be heartless.

Anyway, it ticks me off when people tell me that I'm not really a member of the belief set I claim to be because I don't believe in dragons. I honestly had a fight with another person for two hours about how I could still be a member of the belief set I claim without necessarily believing the book of my belief set uses the concept of dragons in a literal sense. It was the most irritating conversation I've ever had, and I've talked with one of the most unpalatable people I've ever met several times before I've spoken to this person, and he quickly leaped into being one of the most grating people I'd ever met.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #1357
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

He ha that reminds me of my college poetry class...I wrote this one one poem about how I used to draw dragons as a child. One chick got all New Agey (not mocking, I was Wiccan at the time) and was talking about how the poem made her feel about dragons and how she believed in them, and I mentioned oh yeah I believe in them too, and one guy just blurted out "Well now the poem's ruined for me." Lol, some people can't hold back rude comments.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #1358
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

Yeah, I've also had peopel stereotype my entire religion because of what a few fringe whackos do (but unfortunately, they get the TV cameras). We should probably stop this before we all begin discussing religion, though.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #1359
scary_dream
Ol' Grandpa Trout

Now in radio-flavored.  

Good call, Ridureyu.

What ticks me off?

Gas prices.... GRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #1360
Prutnick
Newly Abandoned
We must perform a quirkafleeg!  

I guess it's typical for people from small and remote countries, but I really don't like mistaking Poland as so strongly connected with Russia. No offence for them, but we are pretty different, and have the Latin alphabet. Well, I guess the Iron curtain is the blame.

And for something not connected with politics, I get annoyed when people can't stand in line. I mean, I know it is boring and an awful waste of time, but it's just horrible when somebody wants to punch his way to the shopkeeper. It is just not fair, for God's sake!
Prutnick is offline   Reply With Quote