Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #1141
Kootiebirdo
Settling In

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti!  

Judging from the last couple of episodes, I agree that Wilt should recieve a more substantial role again. And since this is related to him, I hope his buddy Stats will make another appearance as well.

Last edited by Kootiebirdo; 10-08-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Kootiebirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:35 PM   #1142
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootiebirdo View Post
Judging from the last couple of episodes, I agree that Wilt should recieve a more substantial role again. And since this is related to him, I hope his buddy Stats will make another appearance as well.
Yeah, and it would also be interesting(to put it MILDLY)to see how Wilt and Foul Larry will interact, assuming that Larry DIDN'T get adopted(I've noticed that the really big IF's do tend to be ignored by potential adopters, which is understandable given how much they probably EAT). Larry's continued presence at the house could really test Wilt's capacity for forgiveness, and Wilt's popularity among the other house members could really test Larry's propensity for being "foul", in terms of personality, anyway.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #1143
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootiebirdo View Post
Dude! I totally forgot about that cute little scoreboard friend! XD

Ah, but for now, we can only dream and complain for more Wilt, or better, equal character screen time which all has to do with a plot.

Last edited by antgirl1; 10-08-2007 at 03:29 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #1144
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

This trend the show is in, with the lack of Wilt, Ed, and Coco, has got me thinking. I'm not so sure it's because they're trying to focus less on them, although I can understand when there's a few episodes where they're not focused on as much. It could be something out of their control. For instance, I think we all know there's more to a cartoon character than drawing it, animating it, and giving it a voice. Someone needs to write what it's going to do, what it's going to say, exactly how it does things and when, and someone needs to supervise the whole thing so everything goes smoothly with the rest of the show. It's easier said than done. And although they're not credited, I'm sure the Foster's characters each have three or four people solely in charge of them. It's also possible one person is responsible for more than one character, like one animation supervisor is responsible for the animation of two or three characters, not just one. I'm not wanting to blame anyone of course, being a loyal fan and I support the whole crew, so I'm wondering if one of these people had to take a personal leave around the time the episodes were being written. And in wanting to save time and money, and not wanting to pass the job onto anyone else (who surely has enough on their plate as it is), those characters simply weren't written into the episodes as much as usual, or at all, as is Coco's case. Perhaps this person carried most of the responsibility for Coco's character, and maybe also had some responsibilities for Wilt and Ed. Thus we don't see Coco at all for a few eppies, and only small cameos of Wilt and Ed.

Just a theory.

Last edited by Lynnie; 10-08-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #1145
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

I must be the only one who doesn't like Wilt

I mean, I don't have anything against him, I just don't connect with him.... I suppose I'm a heartless jerk XD The only time he made me smile was when he screamed "NOOOOOOO!!" when Bloo drove him over the edge on the couch about those damn chips, and in Squeeze The Day when Wilt had somehow ruined the entire day at the beach (how!? XD damn those you'll-never-know moments)
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:46 PM   #1146
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

People who connect with Bloo tend to either dislike Wilt, or just prefer him as background. Wilt and Bloo are polar opposites, and it's hard to relate to one and still like the other. Me, I barely can tolerate Bloo, and that's only because he does have some funny lines. If I actually had to spend, like 10 minutes with him, I'd probably wind up hurting him, which is ironic, since I myself tend to be insensitive at times, though nowhere near the extreme that Bloo is, and I'm not much like Wilt at all, personality-wise. Wilt represents maturity and responsibility, though, things which I, as an adult, respect, and things which many people find reason to rebel against. Bloo is totally opposed to those things, so I cannot relate to him. Still, I don't like it when Bloo is in any danger, or gets hurt, or is threatened in some fashion. I don't get any pleasure from seeing him suffer, unless he totally brought it on himself. I felt sorry for him in "Blooooooooo!" when he had that rotten cold, and when he got mad and gave Chuck away in "Bloo's the Boss", then realized he'd gotten rid of something he really cared about. I felt bad for him in "Sweet Stench of Success", even though he DID bring that on himself! I would have to absolutely hate a character to actually want to see that character suffer and to get pleasure from their pain, and there's no one on this show that I despise that much, not even a certain IF from you know...that place up there...with the bacon. Bendy MIGHT be an exception, though, but I guess he's probably got a legitimate reason for acting like he does, and he did seem genuinely distressed at being separated from his kid, so I really can't comprehend someone enjoying seeing one of the characters put in a really unpleasant situation. To each their own I guess...

pitbulllady
Old 10-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #1147
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, I love both Bloo AND Wilt! In fact, it was difficult to decide which was my favourite. Bloo has the crazy, good-times manic edge to him which I so love, and Wilt has the comedically-good-natured thing down pat, which I felt was awesome and proves you don't need to either a) be a jerk or b) get hassled to be funny. In the end, Wilt won because Bloo is a jerk, and even I have a hard time tolerating him some times. I suppose you could put it down to the fact that Bloo is very close to being me, I'm self-centred (not the same as selfish) and a bit crazy at times, but Wilt is more of a character I wish I could be more like: confident, athletic, charismatic, TALL and very, very giving.

So, although PitbullLady was right, I like to prove exceptions to things.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:59 PM   #1148
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

I think you both have excellent points

It's the cliché, but, yes, Bloo is closer to my personality. But most of that is because he's a gamer like me, and I take some enjoyment in that (like seeing him play that game during all of Emancification Complication). Bloo has never inspired me in any ways, it just NICE to see a character who's so insensitive and doesn't have a care in the world like him. That's why I love cartoons <3

Wilt is funny because his good nature is so often being joked around with, but it still gives me unpleasant shivers down my spine everytime he apologizes. I'm one of those who're too proud to apologize or simply can not feel guilt (my shrink says it's because I have asperger, but, I like to think that I'm broken )

But neither of these characters are my favorite. That place belongs to Mac. Bloo has never annoyed me, and probably never will, it's just that he's too close to me that I get bored. Mac has the qualities that I want. Intelligent, calm, easily paranoid and manipulated by others (it's a good quality!)
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:57 PM   #1149
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

It's good to find someone who doesn't like Wilt, but can still tolerate him to some extent. I have seen others on TV.com and DA, where people not only dislike Wilt, but want to actually...destroy him, and worst is, its really hard to find out why, other than he is "too nice", or some other stupid reason. People like that can have their opinions, but they shouldn't just randomly barge into the Wilt thread and bash him for no reason, saying how much he sucks like heck and say how much cooler another character is. That just really hurts the Wilt fans' feelings and angers them for such things.

But, the basher likes the attention anyway.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM   #1150
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
I think you both have excellent points

It's the cliché, but, yes, Bloo is closer to my personality. But most of that is because he's a gamer like me, and I take some enjoyment in that (like seeing him play that game during all of Emancification Complication). Bloo has never inspired me in any ways, it just NICE to see a character who's so insensitive and doesn't have a care in the world like him. That's why I love cartoons <3

Wilt is funny because his good nature is so often being joked around with, but it still gives me unpleasant shivers down my spine everytime he apologizes. I'm one of those who're too proud to apologize or simply can not feel guilt (my shrink says it's because I have asperger, but, I like to think that I'm broken )

But neither of these characters are my favorite. That place belongs to Mac. Bloo has never annoyed me, and probably never will, it's just that he's too close to me that I get bored. Mac has the qualities that I want. Intelligent, calm, easily paranoid and manipulated by others (it's a good quality!)
Bloo is more like a very young child. Little kids believe that the universe revolves around THEM, and everyone in it exists to serve THEIR needs and wants. They do what they feel like doing, and often don't feel remorse when they do something wrong. Most child psychologists do not believe that children really develope the capacity to feel guilt, or to empathize with others, until they are five or six years old. Bloo DOES express guilt from time to time, but it's more like a nuisance that pops up every now and then, like a wart or something. In that respect, I don't see Bloo as "broken" at all, but as an example of pure ID. Wilt and Mac both are more similar to each other than either is to Bloo, with the difference being that Mac is still a kid and does, from time to time, "regress" back to more simpler and guilt-free childhood pleasures, like sabataging Duchess' tea party. Wilt, on the other hand, is the one who IS most definately "broken"-not so much physically, as he believes, but emotionally. Instead of blythly ignoring guilt, he's let it be his universe for the past 30 years, and it's nearly destroyed him. That was the whole point of having him undergo increasing "breakdowns" and erratic behavior in the past season, leading up to Good Wilt Hunting-to show his increasingly damaged status as all that guilt began to force its way to the surface, like magma rising in the neck of a long-dormant volcano, threatening to eventually explode, taking the entire mountain with it. I am sometimes bothered a bit when the show's writers seem to overuse Wilt's trademark "Sorry", but I understand now why he does that; it's an expression of all the guilt and remorse and pain he's kept hidden inside for all those years. All that time, knowing who his creator was, and being ashamed to even tell anyone, not even those closest to him. I would sorta hope that they'd tone down the chronic, gratuitous use of the "sorry's" now that Wilt seems to have finally started resolving his issues, and show some other sides to him, like that mischievous, somewhat-twisted humorous side as seen in "Nightmare On Wilson Way", or that fanatic "sports dad" side seen in the end credits of the movie, or that take-charge side displayed in "Eddie Monster", what "The Dog Whisperer" Cesar Milan would refer to as "calm, assertive discipline", when Wilt most non-apologetically back-handed Bloo upside the head! Wilt proved in GWH that he's very articulate and CAN speak in whole paragraphs without apologizing, and it's like from time to time we get those little glimpses of "the real Wilt", as he was before that ill-fated game 30 years ago, as opposed to the "broken" emotional shell he's become.

pitbulllady