Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #1061
Ub3rD4n
Foster's Legend

40% pretention, 60% insecurity, 0% brains  

Location: The only place more isolated than Iceland. New Zealand

Well, being 10 feet tall for a start. I guess I prefer to refer to him as "unique".

As for Wilt's blood, it may be that IFs have human-like blood (if they even have blood. In some cases, like that raincloud IF, I don't see there being any), after all, these are creatures made purely from imagination here. Also, they tend to have working humanoid (again, generalisation) organs and stuff, so maybe whatever brings IFs to life (aside from imagination) just fills in the relevant details more or less to human specifications, adjusting wherever neccessary.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #1062
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ub3rD4n View Post
Well, being 10 feet tall for a start. I guess I prefer to refer to him as "unique".

As for Wilt's blood, it may be that IFs have human-like blood (if they even have blood. In some cases, like that raincloud IF, I don't see there being any), after all, these are creatures made purely from imagination here. Also, they tend to have working humanoid (again, generalisation) organs and stuff, so maybe whatever brings IFs to life (aside from imagination) just fills in the relevant details more or less to human specifications, adjusting wherever neccessary.
Mac does specifically mention Bloo having blood in "Land of the Flea", when Bloo got all those ticks on him. Bloo also got leeches on him in "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", once again indicating the pressence of hemoglobin-based blood, since that is what leeches feed upon. While there may be some IF's that do not function the same way biologically as we "higher animals" do(like George Mucous, for example), the more humanoid of them, like Wilt, most likely do. We know that they have to eat, otherwise they become weak, and weakness from lack of food is due to low BLOOD sugar, or hypoglycemia. No blood, no blood sugar, no weakness from lack of food. They also produce waste, necessitating regular trips to the bathroom, due to kidneys filtering impurities and toxins from their BLOOD. Anesthetizing agents, such as those given to Eduardo in "Cheese A Go-Go", must be circulated through the blood stream in order to work. I don't think, especially after the DVD commentary, that Wilt's physiology is any different from a human's; we know he has bones, and bones have to be nourished and supported by the circulatory system. IMAGINATION is the medium by which they're brought to life, and probably given a outward appearance, but imagination does not sustain them. Once created, they're living, viable organisms independent of their creators.

pitbulllady

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatzRyoma View Post
WILL is weird
Who the heck is "WILL"? That kid from "Lost in Space", that hung out with that robot and that Dr. Smith guy? I can't recall seeing him on Foster's.

pitbulllady

Last edited by Sparky; 06-23-2007 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Bad pbl. No cookie.
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #1063
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Or Will Stronghold from Sky High?

Will Smith?

They're not on Foster's either.

Last edited by antgirl1; 06-24-2007 at 04:49 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #1064
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

If you take a look at 'Cheese A Go-Go' when he is reading that 'Blockhead's guide' book, he has the book pretty close to his face and his eye is somewhat squinted, so by the looks of things, he was having trouble readng the book without his glasses.

Ha! Looks like he's short-sighted! Like ME!

Last edited by Vampyre; 06-25-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #1065
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Near and Far-sighted are the terms I'm familiar with. XD

And he had no problem reading notecards without the glasses. So I'm just thinking that he can read his own handwriting, but requires glasses to read other text.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #1066
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Near and Far-sighted are the terms I'm familiar with. XD

And he had no problem reading notecards without the glasses. So I'm just thinking that he can read his own handwriting, but requires glasses to read other text.
BUT, his handwriting on the notecards was a lot bigger than the print in most books, and it's hard to say how much he was actually reading, and how much he'd memorized, that is, until he was up on that stage. I doubt at that point that if the words had been in eight-foot-tall glowing letters, it would have made any difference. Plus, yeah, if you wrote something, you WOULD already know basically what it read, as opposed to reading something written by someone else for the first time, when you wouldn't know what it read until you'd read it. I had to wonder myself, in "Cheese A Go-Go", if the reason why Wilt did so poorly was not due at least in part to him not being able to see the print in the book, along with him probably having been conscripted into the role of Defense Attorney like, oh, ten minutes before his "client" was to appear in court! On top of that, Wilt obviously had something weighing heavily on his mind from the start, given his expression throughout that whole episode, and whatever the cause of THAT was, it was troubling him from the time we first saw him, so it was NOT due to his failure as a lawyer.

pitbulllady
Old 06-26-2007, 01:00 AM   #1067
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

Quote:
Originally Posted by A mysterious girl View Post
Yes, I was thinking the same- about him being short-sighted.
I think he's a bit long-sighted too.
I'm not sure if it's possible to be both short-sighted AND long sighted, o' course, I'm not exactly an expert optition...

I wonder if perhaps the loss of sight in his left eye affected his working eye. I doubt it, since there wasn't really a wound to his eye, so it would have been infected or anything, so I wouldn't of thought it would have done anything, but who knows.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #1068
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

Quote:
I have a friend that is both long-sighted and short-sighted. But what I mean is that if he was only short-sighted he wouldnīt be able to play basketball as well as he does.
And, well I think itīs not so easy to read with only one eye.
I don't know about that. I think I have the worst eyes in my family, since I've been wearing glasses since I was very young, and I play basketball without my glasses in gym lessons and such (I DID wear my glasses once, but then I got hit in the face with ball and I had to sit out for the rest of the lesson as my Teacher tried to bend them back to their original shape) and I play fine... Well... I can shoot, I'm just not the best runner.

I would have thought, after over twenty years of being blind in his left eye, that Wilt would have gotten used to it, just like he would have had to of gotten used to only having one arm, after all, I suppose he'd have probably had a little trouble with his balance after having it amputated, and there have probably been occasions where he's gone to reach something with his left arm, only to remember that it isn't there anymore.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #1069
Vampyre
Smart Aleck

Quote:
Yes, maybe after so much time he got used to it. And, well, maybe you don't have so bad eyes, I know people who can't even walk without their glasses.
My eyes aren't as bad as that, but they are pretty bad. My Grandfather has caterax (not REALLY bad, but he's had several operations on it and he still can't see properly) and my eyes are worse than his, I beleive.

It's just a matter of getting used to your surroundsing as well I suppose, and when you figure out that black blur is the hoop, that orange blur is the ball and the blue black and maroon blur that's hurtling towards you is someone trying to swipe the ball from you.

But by the looks of things, back on Wilt, HIS sight disabilities aren't really THAT bad, since he doesn't have to wear his glasses all the time.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #1070
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Yes, maybe after so much time he got used to it. And, well, maybe you don't have so bad eyes, I know people who can't even walk without their glasses.

I'm one of those people, yes. I've worn contacts since I was in high school, but now I've had to switch to wearing bi-focals, since I have to have something to help me see close up and something to help me see far away. That's not the same as Wilt's situation, though, since he probably hasn't gotten to that point(YET). His reading situation is probably due to lack of stereoscopic vision. Try covering one eye and reading small print for awhile. At the very least, if you do it long enough, the words and letters can start to blur into each other. Wilt's reading glasses most likely aren't true corrective lenses, but simply magnifying lenses, that enlarge the words so he can make them out better. That would slow down his reading pace, since he'd see fewer words at a time, but it would help alleviate words running together, too.

pitbulllady