Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Lucky
Settling In

I'M PIERRE'S GIRLFRIEND!  

Default Do you think that...

Do you think that it's possible to play this game with the help of the Internet Archives thing? I've used it to go back to the Toon Disney Recess site a few times to e-mail my cousin a game, but I'm not sure about BFAHP.

The cutest kid ever
----
http://www.youtube.com/user/kablamoi.../3/nLQ4tiMDm8U Check out my YT account!
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
AcornBulb
Settling In

In order to restore some parts of B.F.A.H.P. , we need to search deeply in the internet.

If we do a simple search, we should find some basic images from in-game. Like friend creating session, or a friend in bathroom with Eduardo. Just sayin'.

Then, we'll need some help from other people. Maybe some ex-players had saved in their computers some importat game file. (like .SWF files).

It's just a lot of work to do if we wanna restore some parts. And also, we could make our own B.F.A.H.P. , but guessin' that's just my crazy idea.
AcornBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Lucky
Settling In

I'M PIERRE'S GIRLFRIEND!  

I sent CN an e-mail last night about bringing the game back or releasing it on a video game platform, but I doubt they'll do anything, as they don't care about the show anymore.

The cutest kid ever
----
http://www.youtube.com/user/kablamoi.../3/nLQ4tiMDm8U Check out my YT account!
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #4
AcornBulb
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I sent CN an e-mail last night about bringing the game back or releasing it on a video game platform, but I doubt they'll do anything, as they don't care about the show anymore.
You guessed right. They don't give a damn about their fans. I've sent them like 10 e-mails related to B.F.A.H.P. since it has been closed, but nothing. Not one little e-mail saying "Yes, we closed the game because ...".

Look how things are: They want us to like their shows and play their games, but when it comes to some answers for their fans, they won't give nothing. I mean what's so hard to compose and send an e-mail?

B.F.A.H.P. was the greatest game on CN. I don't like Fusion Fall or Best.Game.Ever either. B.F.A.H.P. was the game that brought many people to like CN. They hardly failed here.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Hello guys, sorry if I'm butting in.

Theoretically, it is possible to recreate BFAHP, but it'd be like an entire project to get everything together. We would need people good at making games, programmers, graphic people, writers (for dialog and other things like that), beta testers, etc... But you know, if it's successful, we could even add more stuff to our own version and actually update it like CN used to every month. (If we run out of locations we'd simply add buddies, hats, music, etc instead) And emails, we'd also probably need people responsible for handling and answering them (unless we all will). However like I said, it's theoretical. Possible, but we'd need a lot of people willing to do it.

Restoring it? That's another great option, but like AcornBulb said, we'd have to search high and low for traces. It would probably take a long time to get even 1/10 of the entire game in pieces. Even longer to put them where they're supposed to go. For a while it'd be a mess.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Another thing y'all would need is CN's permission; the game and it's components are their property.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 08-12-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:00 AM   #7
AcornBulb
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
Hello guys, sorry if I'm butting in.

Theoretically, it is possible to recreate BFAHP, but it'd be like an entire project to get everything together. We would need people good at making games, programmers, graphic people, writers (for dialog and other things like that), beta testers, etc... But you know, if it's successful, we could even add more stuff to our own version and actually update it like CN used to every month. (If we run out of locations we'd simply add buddies, hats, music, etc instead) And emails, we'd also probably need people responsible for handling and answering them (unless we all will). However like I said, it's theoretical. Possible, but we'd need a lot of people willing to do it.

Restoring it? That's another great option, but like AcornBulb said, we'd have to search high and low for traces. It would probably take a long time to get even 1/10 of the entire game in pieces. Even longer to put them where they're supposed to go. For a while it'd be a mess.
As CN said, the game was a Flash game. So we'll need some Flash programmers. Also, we'll need some people that would re-create the graphics as they were in-game. Anyway, the graphics and the game system would belong to us and CN would be innocent, but the speeches would require a permission.

Conclusion: It would be a very very very long and very very very hard project. Anyway, if you're a true fan, you'd support it. I already created a database with some files from BFAHP. It's kinda small, so don't expect me to have really important files for now.

Off-topic: I added you in my Yahoo! messenger list, Antgirl!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 AM   #8
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornBulb View Post
As CN said, the game was a Flash game. So we'll need some Flash programmers. Also, we'll need some people that would re-create the graphics as they were in-game. Anyway, the graphics and the game system would belong to us and CN would be innocent, but the speeches would require a permission.
So would the use of the Foster's characters, any images from the original BFAHP, and any files from the original game, all of which are the intellectual property of CN and subject to copyright laws.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #9
AcornBulb
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
So would the use of the Foster's characters, any images from the original BFAHP, and any files from the original game, all of which are the intellectual property of CN and subject to copyright laws.
Oops! Yea forgot about this, thanks!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #10
YoungWorld99
Newly Abandoned

There is no greater magic than that of the arts  

Lightbulb What I think...

Alright, if someone is willing to rally some people together to recreate this game, I'm in. I loved the game and was pissed that they shut it down after claiming to be under construction while fixing bugs for a few months. I don't see why it had to die along with the show. (that was literally the reason stated on the wikia, that after the show ended, they had plans to take the game off, too.)

Anyway, I'm a pretty good artist even if I do say so myself. While I'm still new to flash, I could work on maps and characters and anything else more art related than programming related. If anyone's interested, email me at greekswancygnus3@ gmail.com and I'll send some of my drawings of the characters and/or backgrounds and see what you think. I understand that recreating the game (or not just that, but even improving on it) would be a lot of work, but if it means getting B.F.A.H.P back, I'm willing to help in any way possible.

As far as improvements to the game go, what were the ideas going on, here? I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have perfered in-game chat, or the abillity to see multiple friends at a time (as far as I know, they only let you play with one online friend at a time, so me and my sister always played together, but we could never freely type out any messages to each other) or were people fine just totally playing alone, because the game was very popular in the small town that I live in, and the main complaint I hear in the computer lab or library would be that they could only see one online friend at a time. Then there was also the arcade room, which held both unlockable and unlocked mini games that were unique to the whole game itself (meaning, once the game went offline, you couldn't find the mini games on the CN games page along with the other foster's games that were already there, like mid-flight snack) and recovering the mini games would probably one of the biggest pains in the arse, so I don't know if getting the arcade back would be a possibility, or maybe it would...

Another suggestion/question: was the game available in different languages or countries? (first of all, if it was available in different countries, it may possibly be easier to recover, as it might still be running in other countries. I remember as a little girl, I would often visit the Barbie website, and when they got rid of a game that I liked, I would click on the globe - which would redirect me to a page where I could select the country I was in - and change it to whichever country still had the game, as the US was the first version of the site to get updates, and non updated versions would still have the game. It could be possible that other countries's version of the CN site would still have the game, or maybe we waited too long...) But if we remake the game, should we provide different languages? I have cousins in Germany who really love the older CN shows, and would most likely play the game, but they don't know much English. If we do decide to do so, I could help with the translation of dialogue and such, and while I only speak English and some Spanish, I have many bilingual friends, who are not only fluent in English, but also (here's the list: ) Spanish, german, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, and I think Finnish. While google translate is another option, I have learned that it and many other online translators are not 100% reliable, often making tiny but noticeable mistakes.

As for legal issues with CN, I'm not sure how much trouble we could be in. Since they didn't really give a crap about the game, we could pass off the recreation as a fan site and what not. People haven't bothered shutting down fan made games or fan sites for categories such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario Bros., My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, or Pokemon. But, then there are attacks on the fan works of topics like Alvin and the Chipmunks, El Tigre, or Adventure Time, where fan work (games, songs, pictures, and animations) were almost instantly removed or reported. I'd also like to note that there has been very successful fan sites for movies such as Cats Don't Dance and The Secret of NIMH that have been running for quite a number of years without anyone being reported (although I'm not sure what the case for maximum NIMH was, wether the creator himself was tired of it, or if he got into legal trouble) but there is a very strong chance that putting a recreation under the category of "fangame" or "fansite" (which, of course, it actually is) would keep us from getting shut down or in too much legal trouble. But of course, we would have to credit CN and Craig and Lauren.

Overall, if there is a recreation in progress right now, I would definitely be willing to help. I'm sorry If this message is too long, but I felt the need to voice my opinions on the matter. I really liked this game, and I hope I wasn't the only one who, when they saw the idea for a recreation of the game, thought: challenge accepted.
YoungWorld99 is offline   Reply With Quote