Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
Hakusho
Newly Abandoned

One group is recovering old games that were on the CN site in the late 90's/early 00's.

So, yeah, we can do this.
Hakusho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #12
AcornBulb
Settling In

Count me in! Whenever you need help, just ask me and let's see if we can sort something out. However, if you guys make it up to recovering it, then I shall take care of its advertising.
AcornBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #13
carlito_cool
The Coolest Nerd

Im Cool, BayBay!  

hey, is this still relevant?

carlito_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 AM   #14
AcornBulb
Settling In

I don't like to say this, but probably not. Not giving up, but until the CN answers at least one e-mail regarding this problem, we cannot move on. I mean, the programming of this game isn't that hard, but the lack of graphics is the biggest hole in the project.

There are still some high quality pictures hosted on Photobucket and the maps provided here, but it isn't enough to recover such a masterpiece. I'll e-mail them sometime again, even though the chances of at least a simple discussion are minimal.
AcornBulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
YoungWorld99
Newly Abandoned

There is no greater magic than that of the arts  

Just got an email concerning my post on this thread.

Just so its clear I'm still willing to work on this, plus since making the post I've gone through art, animation, and 3d design/game programming classes, so I might be able to help with some technical things too...

feel free to email me, I check that more often than this thread, unfortunately, at greekswancygnus3@gmail.com

or message me on tumblr (which I am always on) at ask-artsy-oncie.tumblr.com

Let's keep the party going!

Also for those who are working towards recreating this game

http://www.fosters-home.com/houseparty/maps.htm

The images aren't working for me right now but it does have the locations of everyone..!

My biggest concern right now about recreating the game is that...

well, it hasn't existed in a long time, so there is a lot of things we could miss due to lack of memory of the game. However this should be easily solved by browsing through this forum and recovering screen shots, written experiences, and videos of gameplay.

let's just say that that email resparked my motivation to work on this game. If I gain permission I'd like to post screenshots, quote witten experiences, and post videos of gameplay to this thread so we can work it into an information hub to any of those who want to work towards remaking this game!

Party On!

- Artsy

Last edited by Cassini90125; 10-06-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
YoungWorld99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

The map images weren't working because technically I have removed the BFAHP section from my site to save space. I restored the map images but don't expect me to restore the entire section.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
YoungWorld99
Newly Abandoned

There is no greater magic than that of the arts  

Thank you so much, Sparky!

It's fine, I wouldn't ask you to do anything that would take up so much space! I know what a hassle it is, hah...! Thanks again!!
Old 03-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #18
ismelllikecanada
Newly Abandoned
N/A  

Default Flash Programmer? I'm studying programming.

Regardless if this post is "Dead", I do certainly remember playing this game till it died. I died a little too. That game was like drugs to me. It felt like a continuation of the show, with things that weren't shown on the tv show.

Flash games are simple but not easy to make. It'd be nice if we could recreate an offline version so that anyone can enjoy the game from start to end.
Any and all traces of the game aren't easy to find. The game devs "Powerful Robot" had ceased to exist in 2012. CN certainly doesn't care as now they've gone off the deep end and into the pit of random mindless humor and cruddy non-animated shows.

According to the CN wikia,(As credible as wikias can be...) FHFIF ending, led to the games cancellation, CN thought it'd be pointless to carry on a game that would probably be forgotten sooner or later since new Cartoon Network viewers would be unaware of what show the game originated from. (Yet, they keep all the OTHER flash games available...)

Fanmade creations are legal to make but sometimes using the likeness of a show might result in legal trouble. Honestly, I'd LOVE to play this game again, but Programming takes time and testing would be excruciatingly long. In my mind that's at least what i think would happen.

Seems like an interesting project. For now i'll just continue scrambling around for pictures/videos/etc. I'll just play around with some pseudocode until something happens; Not only that, maybe i can recreate the whole map on minecraft or something.
ismelllikecanada is offline   Reply With Quote