Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate the movie?
A 35 92.11%
B 3 7.89%
C 0 0%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #131
WiltnWorld
Newly Abandoned

Everyone else pretty much said all that I wanted to say, but when watching the premiere, I was reminded about why I loved Foster's so much: the characters, the humor, and--especially in this case--the heart. I also loved the fact that something GOOD happened to Frankie, and the antagonist is, IMO, one of the greatest (and cutest ) in cartoon history! I just hope this makes the CN guys consider re-airing the show as it reaches its end.

One thing I'm curious about, as someone mentioned, is the backstory behind World's creator and his family. I want to know what happened that caused him to be locked up in the first place.
WiltnWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #132
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltnWorld View Post
One thing I'm curious about, as someone mentioned, is the backstory behind World's creator and his family. I want to know what happened that caused him to be locked up in the first place.
Good question; I'm curious about that myself. I don't suppose we'll ever know for certain.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #133
Luminouslolly
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulch View Post

Frankie: But he's a friend, and aren't friends what Foster's is all about?
Bloo: No! I'm what Foster's is all about!
I think Bloo says "No, Foster's is all about me! *is smacked*"

*Adds to list of reasons why I love Bloo*
Luminouslolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #134
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
Good question; I'm curious about that myself. I don't suppose we'll ever know for certain.
Yep, I was wondering about that myself while I was watching the tv movie, actually. It'd be interesting to see why World was locked up, but we'll probably never know since the show is so close to ending as it is.

Oh, well...there's always fanfiction.
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #135
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

I was under the impression that The World was locked up due to the fact the kid and his parents was subject to one of it's hissy fits when the parents tried to try and drag the kid back into real life.

After seeing such fearsome power on display all three decided to seal it up, drop it off you know where and never speak of it again.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:13 AM   #136
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I was under the impression that The World was locked up due to the fact the kid and his parents was subject to one of it's hissy fits when the parents tried to try and drag the kid back into real life.

After seeing such fearsome power on display all three decided to seal it up, drop it off you know where and never speak of it again.
That's a good theory, taranchula. As cute as World can be(at least when he's taking over certain faceless forms-not so cute as a withered apple), and as devoted as he can be, he IS a really dangerous individual. All that power combined with a child's lack of restraint is formidable indeed. I've made the comparison between him and "Syndrome/Buddy Pine" before, and it's still relevant. That's a big part of what made Buddy such a dangerous antagonist in The Incredibles-he still thought and acted like a child. He could be happy and giddy one second, and seething with uncontrolled rage in a childlike tantrum the next. World does the same thing, and is also possessive and intelligent, only HIS powers are very real, not dependent on technology.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #137
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

I just finished watching it.
This movie is awesome! Since I'm one of the last to see it, I can't really say anything that hasn't been said already .

I loved the Mary Poppins reference, and the Mario Bros. level =P. I also loved the fact that the Frankie look a like had Mojo Jojo on her shirt xD.

The Narnia reference was pretty funny, too ^^. And the ending (where they recreate the opening).. was so good. I watched it again... and again.. and again. Kind of reminds me of the ending of the Powerpuff Girls Movie, where the opening is recreated.

I give this movie an A++.

[edit] Oh, and - EUROTRISH~! I was so happy when I saw her, I started dancing around the room.

Last edited by Mew; 12-06-2008 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Added Eurotrish
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #138
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

That was amazing! I'm overwhelmed. There's almost too much to say about it. Not only did it have some of the funniest and moving moments in the show's run, IMO the quality of the animation was the very best we've seen particularly after Herriman shows up in the world towards the end and causes meltdown. Yeh, there was stuff there that was disturbing and genuinly creepy which is something we've not really seen in Fosters before but always kept light enough by Bloo on his best form. He is awesome.

Other bits and peices: Brill to see Eurotrish again, Wilt as an evil dictator and Herriman finally giving Frankie some respect. There's more, obviously. I'll have to watch it again soon.

Finally for now, I was very pleased with one of the main themes of the film which illustrated so beautifully a concept I've previously known from this quote from almost forgotten hippy philosopher Phil 'Wally' Russell:

" What is evil but good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"

Add to that lonelyness. Cheers everybody. Heres to Friendship and the most awesome friend imaginable

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #139
WiltnWorld
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post

You know, that's actually a very reasonable theory. (I had an idea of one, but yours sounds a lot better. ) And as I'm going over this in my mind, I'm going under the assumption that, considering that World actually has control of its interior, well, world, the toy box is most likely "imaginary" as well. Sort of like the IF puppies from Who Let the Dogs In or the "two-in-one" friends!

Quote:
Wilt as an evil dictator...
I'm sorry, but I'm going through as much of the movie as I can in my head, but I can't think of any situation where Wilt would be considered an "evil dictator". Were you perhaps thinking of someone else?
WiltnWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #140
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltnWorld View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm going through as much of the movie as I can in my head, but I can't think of any situation where Wilt would be considered an "evil dictator". Were you perhaps thinking of someone else?
About 5 minutes in, during Frankie's demonstation of her cognitive insight re: the dispute between Bloo and Ed, Wilt is an evil dictator and Coco is an Amazon Princess but it has no bearing on anything else, right?

He had a little goatee and had a really funny look on his face.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote