Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: Was GWH worth all the hype? Grade the movie.
A 85 78.70%
B 18 16.67%
C 5 4.63%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #241
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Larry was voiced by Kevin Michael Richards, who also voiced that octopus dude that Goo dreamed up in "Make Believe It or Not", and is well-known for having voiced Capt. Gantu in both the "Lilo and Stitch" series on Disney Channel, and the wonderful movie which inspired it.

While it's true that the movie did reveal a lot about Wilt's character(now we know why he apologizes and is so obessed with upsetting others or letting them down), it also left enough doors still closed that there's still an aura of mystery surrounding him. We do not know when he finally got medical attention for that arm, or what surgeon eventually operated on it(and presumably his face, too), or how he survived during that eight-year period between him losing that game to Larry and winding up at Foster's(the photos in "The Big Picture" indicate he's been there for 22 years, and the game was 30 years ago).

One litttle nit-pick though-Wilt was NOT looking for his creator. He knew all along that his creator was Jordan Michaels; how could he NOT? He was bombarded with that name every time he looked in a sports magazine or turned on the tv, just as most of us are familiar with Jordan's namesake as a household name. He knew where he was, since all he had to do is check the internet like Mac did(and Wilt does seem to be quite computer literate). It wasn't Jordan he was going to find, but Larry, and not Jordan's forgiveness he was seeking so much, in spite of what he said near the end, but his OWN.

pitbulllady
OK, Larry = Gantu. That explained why I kept thinking that Larry sounded like someone in another cartoon... Thanks.

There still were some closed doors at the end, yeah. Considering that there are eight years of Wilt's life unaccounted for, I'd like to see something building on that in the future.

Sorry about the little boo-boo about the plotline. Yeah, Wilt would definately know who his creator was, but he wasn't looking for him. If he was he'd have gone to Japan and there went half the ep out the window. I wholeheartedly agree that Wilt was looking more for his own forgiveness and some closure above all else.

(I think I may steal a couple of points here for a fic I'm working on. May I, pbl? Thanks!)

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #242
TB
At Home
Because I said sooo...  

Send a message via AIM to TB

Quote:
Larry was voiced by Kevin Michael Richards, who also voiced that octopus dude that Goo dreamed up in "Make Believe It or Not", and is well-known for having voiced Capt. Gantu in both the "Lilo and Stitch" series on Disney Channel, and the wonderful movie which inspired it.
To me he will always be the evil Sarevok from the Baldur's Gate series. It's the first thing that pops in my mind.
TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #243
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
OK, Larry = Gantu. That explained why I kept thinking that Larry sounded like someone in another cartoon... Thanks.

There still were some closed doors at the end, yeah. Considering that there are eight years of Wilt's life unaccounted for, I'd like to see something building on that in the future.

Sorry about the little boo-boo about the plotline. Yeah, Wilt would definately know who his creator was, but he wasn't looking for him. If he was he'd have gone to Japan and there went half the ep out the window. I wholeheartedly agree that Wilt was looking more for his own forgiveness and some closure above all else.

(I think I may steal a couple of points here for a fic I'm working on. May I, pbl? Thanks!)
Go right ahead! I'm looking forward to another Wilt fic, anyway, since that's about the most I get of him this season, except for a shining moment in "Nightmare on Wilson Way" and in "Schlock Star", brief though they may be.

Still, for me, the thing about Wilt that stood out more than anything in this movie was his determination, and good old-fashioned TOUGHNESS. He's definately no wuss or crybaby, this guy, but sometimes, in spite of his friendly, helpful demeanor, Wilt almost takes that "man-up" thing a bit TOO far, almost seeming "cold", emotionally, at times, for fear of appearing weak, I suppose. I guess when someone has walked through that provervial Valley of the Shadow of Death, and managed to still make it through the other side, it's got to put a bit of a cold steel edge on 'em somewhere.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #244
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Someone may have found this out already but, has anyone noticed the air date for Good Wilt Hunting is "11/23"?
You know, like the address for the Fosters house? 1123 Wilson way?

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 05-21-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #245
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-a-lacka View Post
Someone may have found this out already but, has anyone noticed the air date for Good Wilt Hunting is "11/23"?
You know, like the address for the Fosters house? 1123 Wilson way?
I never noticed that before. Man, that's good. <Bows in awe of superior observation skills>

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #246
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltsAKGirl17 View Post
I never noticed that before. Man, that's good. <Bows in awe of superior observation skills>
Really?
Well, Thank you!

Last edited by Mac-a-lacka; 07-08-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #247
Amritama
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Amritama

I remember seeing this episode a week after it first aired. Coincidentally, one person from my lab downloaded Good Wilt Hunting on the main lab computer recently. The lab directors deleted it before I got a chance to watch it again, though. D:

Anyhow, I thought it was a pretty good episode/movie/you-name-it. Wilt has always been one of my favorite characters, and I became ecstatic when we finally learned of his backstory. I can't help but think they could've done more with his backstory, as well as add more things about Edwardo's and Coco's pasts. For the latter, maybe there's another skew of episodes for that?

I gave it an A anyhow. Besides the good animation and story, there were a handful of memorable scenes (like the basketball game near the end). I see no reason to score it any lower than that.
Amritama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #248
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amritama View Post
I remember seeing this episode a week after it first aired. Coincidentally, one person from my lab downloaded Good Wilt Hunting on the main lab computer recently. The lab directors deleted it before I got a chance to watch it again, though. D:

Anyhow, I thought it was a pretty good episode/movie/you-name-it. Wilt has always been one of my favorite characters, and I became ecstatic when we finally learned of his backstory. I can't help but think they could've done more with his backstory, as well as add more things about Edwardo's and Coco's pasts. For the latter, maybe there's another skew of episodes for that?

I gave it an A anyhow. Besides the good animation and story, there were a handful of memorable scenes (like the basketball game near the end). I see no reason to score it any lower than that.

There's definitely a LOT of room to expand more on Wilt's past; we do not even know, for example, when or where he finally got medical treatment, or where or how, or whom with, he spent those eight "Lost Years" between his injuries and arriving at Foster's, or what efforts Jordan made to find him or how he coped with the loss of someone who had become a family member. That's one of the things I'd love to see-a DVD released, to the general public(as opposed to special give-aways to the folks who screened the movie), that includes more footage and goes into a bit more detail, and comes complete with an in-depth interview/commentary by the star himself, as well as other key players in the movie.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #249
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Seriously, a commentary with at least Wilt would be cool, but as far as we know, it probably won't happen. The commentary will be, at least, forever attached to all Wilt fans as imagination...However, not just a Wilt commentary, but maybe another one with Wilt and some other characters too...Deleted scenes (What movie wouldn't have THOSE?)...Egad! It's so exciting, I nearly forgot it doesn't exist, and probably won't...

We can dream, though...

Last edited by antgirl1; 05-26-2008 at 10:23 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:53 PM   #250
Amritama
Newly Abandoned

Send a message via AIM to Amritama

Quote:
There's definitely a LOT of room to expand more on Wilt's past; we do not even know, for example, when or where he finally got medical treatment, or where or how, or whom with, he spent those eight "Lost Years" between his injuries and arriving at Foster's, or what efforts Jordan made to find him or how he coped with the loss of someone who had become a family member. That's one of the things I'd love to see-a DVD released, to the general public(as opposed to special give-aways to the folks who screened the movie), that includes more footage and goes into a bit more detail, and comes complete with an in-depth interview/commentary by the star himself, as well as other key players in the movie.
Agreed. Although Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is a show aimed at kids, there's nothing wrong with having a more vivid illustration of the imaginary friends' pasts (especially good old Wilt's). If the show can deal with a heavy topic like children abandoning their childhood imaginary friends as they grow up, they could definitely deal with more in-depth backstories.
Amritama is offline   Reply With Quote