Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #1661
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

scary movie

first time ive seen the first one. hilarious. still need to see the fourth one. i dunno why these movies are so funny, but they are.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #1662
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Eagle Eye

I can't say anything else other then....wow. This movie literally blew my freaking skull out the window, I was totally shocked. While the movie lacks in character development, it sure as Hell makes up for in mind boggling/blowing action sequences that are so fast and so crazy, if you blink you just might miss it.

This movie really keeps your interest. Its fast, constantly moving, direct and extremely intense, it never lets up and never really slows down. The whole surveillance, technological paranoia used in this movie is pretty effective and while sometimes it seems outlandishly absurd, other times you can't help but feel the eerie sense there might be something to it.

Bottom line, this movie isn't for those seeking intelligent, witty pieces of award winning art, but this movie doesn't fail when it comes to delivering an intense, compelling, and extremely fast action paced story.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #1663
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

plan 9 from outer space.

i dont get why everyone thought it was so bad. it was pretty good for a 50's comedy if you ask me.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #1664
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
plan 9 from outer space.

i dont get why everyone thought it was so bad. it was pretty good for a 50's comedy if you ask me.
I thought it was a good film...though it's even better when you have three of the top comedic minds in the world providing their own hilarious commentary over top of the film. It's even better to hear said hilarious commentary live and in person at the Balboa theater in San Diego.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:51 PM   #1665
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

spiderman.

man i havent seen this in years. i love this movie. i think the second ones on tommorrow, so im gonna get that too. and i might get the 3rd one as well. (still havent seen it)
Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 AM   #1666
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy you dont know View Post
plan 9 from outer space.

I take it that your tongue was very firmly embedded in your cheek on that last point?

I like it. It's no masterpiece, but it's still one hell of an endearing film.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 09-28-2008 at 03:27 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 AM   #1667
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

The Rutles: All You Need is Cash

Created by Eric Idle and Neil Innes, this spoof documentary follows the career of The Rutles - the biggest band of the 60s and creators of such legendary albums as 'Sergent Rutter's Only Darts Club Band' and 'Tragical History Tour'.

Paul Simon, Mick Jagger, Dan Akroyd, James Belushi, Michael Palin and George Harrison all put in cameo appearances but the real stars are Idle fills the film with one daft gag after another and Innes who created the music which is such a witty, loving tribute to that other fab four that the soundtrack is like a bonus Beatles album in itself.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #1668
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

We rented it with my dad's Netflix account, a movie i figured both he and my mom would enjoy and i was right. I saw it in the theaters when it came out and was sweetly surprised to see how good it was. Very interesting and educational film (for those who like a lot of card tricks/techniques/knowledge etc.)

Heh, yesterday I was going movie crazy, in one day I wacthed nearly back to back:

Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
The Great Mouse Detective
Daredevil (director's cut).

Last edited by Mr. Marshmallow; 10-02-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #1669
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17
Default Lotsa smilies and words...

The film of the night is... Memoirs of a Geisha

I read the book first, and got the soundtrack for my birthday after that, so I had high hopes for the film.

I was not disappointed. This was everything I wanted it to be and more. Granted, I was a little put off by the fact that the story rushed right into Chiyo, a little girl from a rural fishing village, and her older sister being sold to a geisha house [okiya], but that was quickly remedied.

Acting: The acting was nothing short of freaking amazing. Ziyi Zhang played Saruyi, the geisha Chiyo grew up to be. Although there was some controversy over Zhang's casting (Zhang is Chinese, while the film takes place in Japan), she was nothing short of spectacular as Sayuri. I have to admit that I'm most pleased with the casting of Sayuri's rival, Hatsomomo-- Gong Li, who totally nailed Hatsumomo's coldness and manipulative nature. I was not quite as thrilled with the casting of Sayuri's mentor, Mameha-- Michelle Yeoh. I had pictured Mameha as being drop-dead goregeous, and Yeoh didn't fit my "mental book cast." I quickly warmed up to her, and saw her as very beautiful by film's end.

Music: John Williams, the genius behind the scores for Jaws, Indiana Jones and Star Wars, has done it again, folks! He took the sweeping majesty of the sheilded world of geisha and turned it into a sweeping, majestical score. Hats off to you, Mr. Williams.

Color palate: I know this is a weird thing to rave about in a movie, but I really have to talk about it. The whole film was very rich visually, especially the colors-- every color really popped off thhe screen. (The fact that I was watcing on a flat-screen TV put aside. ) My personal favorites items of interest were the cherry blossoms, the dance festival and the kimono. [Apparently, kimono, like geisha can be singular or plural.]

Final ruling: Hell of a good movie. I need to buy this one and not just rent it.

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:08 AM   #1670
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Man on Wire

A transcendent (quite literally) documentary film from James Marsh, which recounts the nothing-short-of-remarkable stunt pulled off by Philippe Petit upon the 7th of August 1974, when he successfully infiltrated the World Trade Centre and performed an awe-inspiring high-wire walk between the Twin Towers which lasted for close to 45 minutes. Really very beautiful - it captures both the recklessness and obsessiveness which undoubtedly fuelled Philippe's high-rise escapade, but most of all it emits an incredible admiration for his passion, until ultimately, the constant reminders of the truly gut-wrenching danger which he placed himself in (the thought of which is still enough to reduce his associates to tears in retrospective interviews here) merely add to the overwhelming sense of awe and sublimity of what he did.

Refreshingly, Marsh sees no need to reference what would become of the Twin Towers 27 later - he allows Philippe's story to be fully self-contained and, as a result, a thing of power and untainted beauty in entirely its own right.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 10-03-2008 at 04:21 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote