Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Default Phineas and Ferb

This is the thread for Phineas and Ferb, Disney's latest success story. With season 2 already airing, and season 3 planned for 2010, Phineas and Ferb has already become one of Disney's most successful programs ever created. After seeing a few episodes on YouTube, I think it's a great show, with fun characters, great songs and brilliant running gags!

Anyone else a fan of P&F? Any favourites, either characters, episodes, songs, or all three? My favourite song would have to be Disco Miniature Golfing Queen, from my favourite episode, Put That Putter Away. As for a favourite character, it's between Candace and Isabella, although Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz definitely qualifies as the funniest character!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

I don't watch much of the Disney Channel anymore, but I've seen a few episodes, and yeah, I find it very entertaining. It's much like Foster's first started out with me- I like it, and if channel surfing and I find it on I'll stop and watch, but I haven't gotten into it enough yet to make a point to catch it whenever it comes on. Perhaps that day will come like it did with Foster's, and the rest will be history again.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Another Castle
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie_fan View Post
Phineas and Ferb has already become one of Disney's most successful programs ever created.
Wow! Really? I knew it was surprisingly popular (I mean, more successful than they were expecting it to be)

I enjoy this show, yet the main premise is nearly the same in every episode (they make an invention, invite their friends to play with it, Perry disappears and battles Doofenschmertz, Candice tries to bust them, a musical number, and it gets destroyed/covered up at the end). It does a great job of varying this plot, and still works every time. Are there any episodes that don't follow this outline?
My favorite ones so far are the one with the large bowling ball, and the one involving a bubble and a driving test!

It sounds a little unusual to hear a genuine British voice on an American cartoon. I was surprised when I found out the man who plays the dad is Richard O'Brien, who is well known to people of my generation for hosting a gameshow in the 1990s.
Something I have just thought of now- the success of Harry Potter and the Ninja Turtles lead to a rise in owls and turtles as pets (although neither are suitable!)- I wonder if this show has made the Platypus more popular?

Here's the only other cartoon Platypus I can think of:http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tuaw.com/...5/platypus.jpg
(a mascot from the Olympics games 2000)

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo

Last edited by Another Castle; 03-28-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

I have recently started to like P&F despite all the episodes follow a predictible pattern as previously stated.

There's one other cartoon with a Platypus as the main character. In the late 1980s-early 1990s, the company Cine-Groupe produced a series called Ovide staring Ovide the Platypus.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #5
Another Castle
At Home

Are there any episodes that shy away from the usual premise?

Also, as the seris is set during a summer holiday, have the episodes now outnumbered actual amont of days in a summer holiday?

Alpha November Oscar Tango Hotel Echo Romeo
Charlie Alpha Sierra Tango Lima Echo
Another Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #6
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Yeah, there are a few episodes that shy away from the usual pattern. Though recently I've been thinking about a P&F crossover with a radio show I listen to on CBC radio (I'm Canadian) called the Vinyl cafe. THough it doesn't happen every show, Stuart McLean; the host usually tells a story about a fictional family in Toronto with Dave; the father and usual protagonist who seems to find himself in a ridiculous pickle (i.e. getting stuck in a blood pressure chair, having his tounge stick to a TV antenna in winter, trapped on a bike strapped to the roof of his neighbour's car, etc) and Daves family and neighbours. In one episode, Dave's son Sam and two of his friends built a waterslide in the family's back yard starting from the bathroom on the 2nd floor of their house. P&F have built a bigger waterslide in one episode though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another Castle View Post
Are there any episodes that shy away from the usual premise?

Also, as the seris is set during a summer holiday, have the episodes now outnumbered actual amont of days in a summer holiday?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #7
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

I have recently thought of this: Phineas and Ferb (and their parents, Perry and Candace) meet Hank Hill and family (King of the Hill).

In one of the later episodes of KOTH, Hank got Bobby a car in need of major restoration (understatement) in anticipation that Bobby was going to take Auto Shop (which he didn't). THis is how I imagine how Phineas and Ferb tie in:

Phineas, Ferb, and Bobby get Bobby's car restored (in a few short hours) and trick it out. Hank is first glad that Bobby is working on his car, but is shocked when it's done and as per his character, Hank makes a big deal and {eventually} calls P&F's mom.

Meanwhile, Perry goes out to investigate Doofensmirtz who has bought lots of Propane (from Sticklen Propane (Where Hank works)). Doofensmirtz captures Perry and tells him about his latest evil device: Something that strips cars to components as a result of being humbled by people in nice cars while at traffic lights. This device is also powered by propane. (Doofensmirtz's car is a wreck). Doofensmirtz zaps a few cars and his device works. Perry eventually breaks free and fights Doofensmirtz. In the fight, Bobby's car gets zapped reducing it almost to How Phineas and Ferb found it just in time for their mother to see. Lydia says to Hank "If my daughter put you up to this, I'm sorry." and leaves with Phineas and Ferb.

Perry makes Doofensmirtz's device explode singing Doofensmirtz and then rejoins Phineas and Ferb. Later, Hank sees Doofensmirtz and says that he remembered him buying all that Propane days earlier.

This episode ends with Hank, Dale, Bill, Boomhower, and Lawrence (Phineas and Ferb's dad) standing by the fence going "yep" in succession.

What does everyone think?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #8
Lucky
Settling In

I'M PIERRE'S GIRLFRIEND!  

I love this show so much! It has the feel of a show from One Saturday Morning (like Recess, Pepper Ann, The Weekenders, etc.), which really gives it it's charm. I even own a plush toy of Phineas I bought in Disney World (the toys at the Disney Parks are a lot cuter than the ones they sell at say, Target or something ). I have to say, my favorite episode so far is "The Chronicles of Meap".

The songs are really catchy, and I do, in fact, own the soundtrack.

But yeah, this show really is Foster's being stuck in a sea of CNReal (representing the current lineup on Disney Channel)

Is anyone else watching the movie this Friday? I am!

The cutest kid ever
----
http://www.youtube.com/user/kablamoi.../3/nLQ4tiMDm8U Check out my YT account!
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote