Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 06-18-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
AerostarMonk
Holy Toledo!

Just try to relax and I'll try not to steal from you.  

Send a message via AIM to AerostarMonk Send a message via MSN to AerostarMonk Send a message via Yahoo to AerostarMonk
Default Things That Made Your Day

Sometimes there are little things that get you through the day. Things that have just this special little something that makes all of life seem worthwhile. It happens to everyone and when it does they usually can't help but smile. Not just that time, but every time that little thing comes to mind. Well, I'd like to ask what kind of things have made your day either in the past or very recently. You never know your little thing might make someone else's day.

I guess I'll start first. I was on the bus yesterday and I saw a very pretty woman. She was quite striking and I felt compelled to tell her so. Unfortunately for me I'm usually quite shy, I also have a rather odd appearance, in my opinion, that makes even the smallest conversation awkward. But this day was different, before she exited the bus I made a point to stand up to her and say that I thought she looked rather attractive. To my surprise instead of getting a condescending look or a look that screamed, "Get away creep!" I got a sincere smile. She then spoke the words, "Thank you." It seems I made her day as well.

Well, that's me, what have you guys got to say?
From the highest wire
We walk through fire
Should our balance ever falter
Should our steps be unaligned
AerostarMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

What a nice thread!

I will always remember the day when I saw a guy who was wearing what I thought was an awesome tee shirt. I approached him and told him how much I liked his shirt and we started talking about it for a few minutes. Before he went on his way, he said "Hey, this is a bit small on me anyway. You want it?" And before I could stammer out the words "Oh... no no, there's no need for you to...!", this total stranger took his shirt off (he had an undershirt on underneath) and handed it to me. I told him he didn't have to do that, but he insisted I take it. So I did, quite embarrassed over the whole ordeal. But it made my day for sure. It was so sweet, and so cool, and I've loved that tee shirt ever since (it is an awesome shirt!)
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

The other day I actually figured out how to run an sql database dump from a ssh command line, so I can back up our forum now that it's gotten too big to back up through the admin cp. That made my day, as I was sure I'd never be smart enough to figure it out...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Today a co-worker gave me a ride home, so I didn't have to stand around waiting for the bus in the pouring rain. That was rather nice indeed.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #5
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

My mom taking time out to tell me that she never believed she'd have a son as kind and thoughtful as me.

I don't really consider myself to be kind and thoughtful, I kind of think that I can be a whiny, selfish ass at times, but that really did make my day. Week. Month. Year. I love my mom so much

Last edited by Ridureyu; 06-18-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Ridureyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Two of our local warning sirens breaking down... yuh. That made my WEEK.

Also, my keyboard breaking. -__- -__-
Old 06-18-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
Mac-a-lacka
Equus Reptilicus

Lance Armstrong, eat your heart out.  

The day I became an uncle. 3/14/08.

Mac-a-lacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 AM   #8
WiltsAKGirl17
Dorkfish

Now all I need are dance fans and I can go to Cama'i!  

Send a message via MSN to WiltsAKGirl17

~ Finally finishing a long, thought-out review of a fanfic. I felt very accomplished when I finished and submitted it without letting a "WTH were you thinking when you wrote this?!" comment slip out. (It was a low-caliber fic, and that's putting it mildly.)

~ Getting some more written on my Foster's fanfic series. Someone's been stuck in the middle of a monologue for about two weeks now, so moving forward through said monologue made me feel so much better.

~ Successfully closing SubWay tonight, especially since it was my first time doing it.

~ Getting a warm graduation card from my friend's family. It was a very nice card, and it gave me the warm fuzzies.

That's all I got for now. This is certainly a very happy thread; good idea, AerostarMonk!

Anyone can cook, but only the fearless can be great. ~ Ratatouille
WiltsAKGirl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #9
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Seeing the trailers and advertisements for the upcoming Wall-E movie made my day a week ago or so. I was smiling for the rest of the day.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:49 AM   #10
Pawbah
my brother's keeper

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us  

A couple weeks back I was having a totally lousy day at work... and then one of my coworkers bought my a chocolate chip cookie out of the blue. Never underestimate the power of chocolate chip cookies.

<Click!
Pawbah is offline   Reply With Quote