Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > The Game Room

Notices

The Game Room Topics on official Foster's video games, board games etc that you can purchase belong here.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:28 PM   #31
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I'm on Level 5 now. I like this game tons more than the GBA one that's for sure...never got far in that one, mostly because I just plain didn't like it. I suck at video games so I'm playing in Easy mode, though I think I could probably have done fine in regular mode. You don't seem to have a set number of "lives", its just that if you get captured by the SNBs a few times (its probably three) you have to help Bloo escape the tickling machine, all you have to do is rub your stylus on the ropes to free him. And then its back to the game as if nothing happened. I don't know, maybe being in regular mode makes it so that you have to start over if you're captured...

Anyways here's two screenshots I thought were funny:

Bloo's opinion

Frankie's opinion

Anyways so, you're Bloo and basically you're running around searching rooms (making a royal mess for Frankie to clean up later) looking for items. Basically when you need someone's help, you have to go find them 6 or 8 or 10 of something. Mac, Ed, Wilt, and Coco can help you in certain places if you see a tile with their face on it (you stand on it, click X, and then you have to use your stylus a certain way, so you have to basically be holding the stylus the whole time - I'm new to the DS so I'm still getting used to that). This will require you backtracking quite a lot, once you've "unlocked" each friend. Other characters make appearances, so far I've seen Mr H, Creaky Pete, Cheese, Jackie Khones, Imaginary Man, and Nemesister (who is a Boss). Goo of course helps you by singing badly and bringing the SNBs to their knees, lol.

Well, there's something to go on for now. I don't know if I'll have time, but maps of the rooms with at least the locations of all the character tiles would be really helpful...
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #32
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Full review here, courtesy of... ME!

Last Year, Crave Entertainment's Foster's game on the GBA left a bit of a bad taste in our mouths. A year later, Sensory Sweep and Midway took over the Foster's license, and took on the objective of trying to make a good game. Does it pay off? Yes it does, Imagination Invaders is miles ahead of the GBA game, but leaves a bit to be desired in the area of challenge.

The story is based on the episode Make Believe It or Not, and for those of you not familiar with this episode, I'll explain it to you. On a rainy day at Foster's without any power, Mac, Bloo, Coco, Wilt, Eduardo, and Goo play a crazed game of pretend about Spacenut Boogies and The Greatest Thing in the Universe. The next day, Goo accidentally imagines the Spacenut Boogies in her sleep, and hilarity and adventure ensues. This episode keeps that idea, but at the same time takes its own path by having Madame Foster being kidnapped by the Spacenut Boogies. The story for this game was written by Amy Keating Rogers in case anyone is curious, and it's a great story.

The meat of this game consists of searching rooms for various objects for the friends at Foster's to advance in this game. Every room will contain either an all-seeing eye which if landed on triggers a Spacenut Boogie to throw you out of the room, or a Spacenut Boogie who will start chasing you when he finds you. Bloo can use his spitwad to stun the Spacenut Boogies for about two seconds and get away, or use a Mac tile if available to use the Space-Time Freeze Ray. Along the way, you'll discover tiles for Mac, Wilt, Eduardo, and Coco, and using these tiles will require you to use the stylus. There are also some stylus action mini games and can take away from the sometimes repetitive nature of searching rooms. All the control in this game is responsive, from a simple jump to using your stylus. The camera is static, but thankfully it is not broken given that a lot of games of this type can always have a bad camera. Unfortunately, this game suffers from a lack of challenge, even on the normal difficulty. If a Spacenut Boogie captures you, you are thrown out of the room. If you are caught three times, you have to play a Stylus mini-game to free Bloo and start from outside of the room you were in. If a boss hits you three times, you are thrown out of the room and have to start the fight all over. You pretty much have unlimited lives in this game, so these slip ups will usually just extend your gameplay sessions.

The graphics in this game are simple, and cartoony. Just what we expected, so it's not pushing the DS to its limits, but it does a great job representing the feel of the show. The game does run smoothly, but the static camera makes me wish I could rotate it and see all the character models from every angle, otherwise they're nicely rendered. The music in-game is pretty much from the show, and is perfectly rendered, so NOTHING is lost on the hardware. The sound effects do leave a bit to be desired though, simply in that they're a little sparse. Voice clips are played from time to time, but only from Mac and Bloo. I think they play "I'M NOT HIS SIDEKICK!!!" a little too much in the dialogue, but it's funny to just hear it.

The biggest problems I have with this game is the lack of challenge, and that it's way too short just like the last game. However with all the Coco cards to be found in this game, you'll want to go back and play another sitting to make sure you got them all. Overall though, it was fun while it lasted, but I just wish it could have been a little longer. This is definitely one for the kids given its short length and lack of challenge, but it's a GOOD kids game.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #33
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I went to the mall today looking to buy the game (or Silent Hill: Origins) and the three store I went to didn't have ether (EB Game, The Source, and HMV) I might go out latter tonight and hit Future Shop and Bestbuy, maybe Wallmart too...

Is it released in Canada? Normally the date is the same for US and Canada :\
Old 11-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #34
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I don't know if we should make a separate thread for gameplay help, but I've become unexpectedly stuck so I'll use spoiler tags:

Spoiler Below
The last piece of the disguise (according to Mac) was the alien antennae or whatever they were called, and I gave the bust pieces to Frankie and she gave them to me, but I don't see them on the little picture of Bloo on the clipboard and when I try to sneak past the guard I can't and Mac says my disguise isn't complete. So apparently I *don't* have the antennae. Um...why not? I'm stuck until I can get past that guard.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:10 PM   #35
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

IGN finally has a review up and it's not kind to say the least, the gave it a 4.0 out of ten.

They basically say while the game has the look and feel of the show down pat, they consider the lack of challenge, the games short length and the sheer amount run and fetch quests to be serious game killers.

So that's their opinion and they seem to be sticking to it.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 PM   #36
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Meh, I never trust IGN or any press for their opinion since they can be off about something. Case and point: Gran Turismo 4. It is a racing simulator that has not fixed its many problems since Gran Turismo 1, it has a bunch of useless cars, and it has a ridiculously long career mode. IGN basically gave that a really high score since it's a high profile title, but my opinion differs GREATLY from everyone else's. That was off topic... anyway...

As I said, it's primarily a game for kids, so they're the target audience.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #37
KazooBloo
Foster's Legend

I've played this DS game and I enjoy it.