Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #101
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Now I come to think about it we don't really see Crackers or Gary crying that much at all. For Gary it's about half of all the time we see him and for Crackers it's possibly a bigger proportion of time though for most of the occassions we've seen Crackers he's actually looked quite content. We just caught them both at a bit of a low point those times.

You could say Gary had more to cry about. Uncle Pockets suddenly turns on a sixpence and it's actually quite shocking for poor Gary. However with Crackers we don't know how many times he's faced the situation of being mistaken for food. Maybe he dealt with it better all those other times and this time Crackers just cracked. Personally if I were Crackers I'd much rather live at Fosters than with Cheese and some slack-jawed yokel.

However when all is said and done, in that moment where Bloo summoned an imaginary friend called Crackers and this little pink thing came bouncing up my life got strangely better even if I'll never understand why.

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #102
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

Crackers is cute looking and funny.

Is it just me, or, do it's eyes look a bit bigger in the final screencaps on the previous page?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:37 PM   #103
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Actually, one thing which I'm surprised no one's mentioned about Crackers is the resemblance he bears to Calumon from Digimon Tamers:

Seriously, dip that thing in pink Dulux and what have you got?

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #104
Bloo4Ever
Settling In

We Hardly Knew Ye...  

Oh my gosh, jekylljuice you're right O.O

Although, He's like a pink version of it that tends to cry a lot

I could always tell that Crackers, along with Gary actually, reminded me of some Japanese made monsters (it was either Digimon or Pokemon with me) but couldn't relly say who.

Cheese: I have braces.
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.

Imagination Never Dies...But if it did, the date would be May 3, 2009
Bloo4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #105
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

You'd need to give it a tail too but otherwise....

Calumon eh? Someone told me on the chat once that Crackers was a rip-off of a neo-pet but this Calumon is pretty damn similar.

So is Calumon a boy or a girl pokemon? Or don't pokemon(s?) have a gender? I really know nothing about these creatures. Honestly, they totally got by me. I turned my back for a year or two and then they were everywhere and i still have no idea why or what they want. Can I obtain a Calumon? If so, how large?

Aw....Snicket
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #106
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

PokeMons come in either gender, really. Not sure about "Calumon".

I always thought Crackers was male, really.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #107
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosters home fan View Post
I always thought Crackers was male, really.
That's always been my assumption, too.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #108
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
You'd need to give it a tail too but otherwise....

Calumon eh? Someone told me on the chat once that Crackers was a rip-off of a neo-pet but this Calumon is pretty damn similar.

So is Calumon a boy or a girl pokemon? Or don't pokemon(s?) have a gender? I really know nothing about these creatures.
Neither. Calumon is a digimon (believe me, there is a difference). And, interestingly, from what I can make out, the gender actually varied from translation to translation. In the English dub, Calumon was clearly identified as male, though I have heard rumours that in the Japanese original, "he" was a girl. The reverse kind of happened to Lopmon, who had an effeminate voice and for the most part spoke in gender-neutral terms, which allegedly caused the English translators to misidentify him as a female. A line from Renamon toward the end of the series seemed to imply that distinctions of gender were pretty meaningless in the digital world anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter, though the universal validity of that statement has been debated.

Oh, and Calumon does have a tail, though it isn't visible in that particular image. It's a little stump of a tail, but it's still there.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-13-2009 at 03:39 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #109
Bloo4Ever
Settling In

We Hardly Knew Ye...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Neither. Calumon is a digimon (believe me, there is a difference). And, interestingly, from what I can make out, the gender actually varied from translation to translation. In the English dub, Calumon was clearly identified as male, though I have heard rumours that in the Japanese original, "he" was a girl. The reverse kind of happened to Lopmon, who had an effeminate voice and for the most part spoke in gender-neutral terms, which allegedly caused the English translators to misidentify him as a female. A line from Renamon toward the end of the series seemed to imply that distinctions of gender were pretty meaningless in the digital world anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter, though the universal validity of that statement has been debated.

Oh, and Calumon does have a tail, though it isn't visible in that particular image. It's a little stump of a tail, but it's still there.
Yes! Someone who knows they DigiHistory!

I can't really add on to what JekyllJuice said, because she was pretty much spot on, although I could say (its a bit irrelevent to Crackers, but it matters with Digimon) gender was a lot more obvious in the first 2 seaosns, and had a bigger impact on the show I think. But that's pretty much it.

Cheese: I have braces.
Mac: You found that on the ground, didn't you?
Cheese: Garbage can.

Imagination Never Dies...But if it did, the date would be May 3, 2009
Bloo4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #110
GooGoo
Newly Abandoned

I love Crackers.
Crackers was one of the best characters.