Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Fun and Games > Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party!

Notices

Foster's Big Fat Awesome House Party! Topics relating to the year-long game at awesomehouseparty.com belong here.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
BabyElephant
Settling In

Default I live here! Really!

So I was just talking to Madam Foster, and she tells me to visit the house often (unfortunately I didn't think to do a screen cap until it was too late). I have to say, I'm a little hurt. I mean, I've lived in the house for a while now...I even have my own room and everything. And yet Madam Foster apparently doesn't recognize me...sigh...has anyone else had this happen?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:36 AM   #2
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyElephant View Post
So I was just talking to Madam Foster, and she tells me to visit the house often (unfortunately I didn't think to do a screen cap until it was too late). I have to say, I'm a little hurt. I mean, I've lived in the house for a while now...I even have my own room and everything. And yet Madam Foster apparently doesn't recognize me...sigh...has anyone else had this happen?
I think that's a bit of fourth wall breaking, I interpret it as, she is telling "YOU" the player to visit the house often, rather then telling the character you are controlling to visit the house often. After all you cannot get anything done in the game if you don't play it often.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I think that's a bit of fourth wall breaking, I interpret it as, she is telling "YOU" the player to visit the house often, rather then telling the character you are controlling to visit the house often. After all you cannot get anything done in the game if you don't play it often.
well put.

monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
BabyElephant
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
I actually thought the same thing. I just don't like to pass up a perfectly good opportunity to whine :bloogrin
Old 11-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyElephant View Post
I just don't like to pass up a perfectly good opportunity to whine :bloogrin
That was priceless.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
BabyElephant
Settling In

Maybe this could be a topic for a term paper: "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends and the Brechtian Ethos". Although I suppose Godard would be more accurate than Brecht, since TV is closer to film than theatre...man, I've got to get out of the house more often...