Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:45 PM   #51
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
True, certainly don't want to see her relive that day either. Goofball is a...ugh, best leave it for another thread. But at least in "Imposters" she didn't tumble down a hill, get all scratched up and bruised, have to get the bus out of impoundment, lose a shoe, get drenched in butter flavoring, and get a possum stuck to her back- all for nothing. "CaGG" was both physically and emotionally draining for her. It's hard enough seeing her emotionally on the edge like in "Imposters" and "TBC" (and sadly others), but even harder to see her in physical pain as well. Just MHO.
I enjoyed "Cheese a go-go" despite the suffering Frankie went through, I know that might sound hippocritical but I was happy to see that Frankie got over everything in the end of the episode.

The "Imposters" episode to me was horrible because Frankie was physically, mentally, emotionally humiliated, she lost all her money, all her respect from EVERYONE and in the end she was proved wrong despite Goofball being a total a**hole to her.

Plus, everything I saw in "Cheese a go-go" pales in comparison to the scrubbing scene in "Imposters". That scene alone was hard enough to take.

Last edited by Sparky; 11-23-2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Believe it or not, its okay to say ass here, but not a**hole. Because technically an "Ass" can be a donkey. ;)
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #52
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

i liked this episode. i thought peas was kinda cool (or at least brave )

although, yeah i can see why everyone is complaning about what they did to frankie. that ticks me off, too. and i didnt really get why there was that part with with khones and FN. but they cant all be winners.

Last edited by some guy you dont know; 11-23-2007 at 10:23 PM.
some guy you dont know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:12 AM   #53
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

The end credits gag is Peas making a valiant effort to descend a flight of stairs... with little results. Peas is indeed voiced by Phil LaMarr. Now this is something really subtle and obscure, but Peas is actually just Goo's head without hair, ears and a nose, and with a thimble, arms and legs attached to it. This is really noticeable when you see both characters from the side.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #54
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

A pointless episode with a never before seen character who gets annoying after about four minutes (in my opinion) and destroys the ending of TBC.
On an uplifting note, look at the number of episodes in each season. S1 had 11 episodes and one movie which amounts to three eps. That makes fourteen eppies.
S2 has 15 episodes, while S3 has 14 (A Lost Claus included). S4 has 11 episodes and a movie that amounts to two eps, which makes 13 eppies.
If you aren't following this off-topic post, I'll explain: Season Five has only had 12 episodes so far. It's very likely that it'll have at least one more ep, which hopefully will leave us on a better note than this one (apologies to those who liked it).
Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #55
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

Mmm... Ok episode, I don't seem to hate it as much as you guys do >> I kinda like Peas, he really did care for and defend Frankie. I don't like how they changed the end, but Peas defending her honour was very sweet of him.

...I just made a awful pun there didn't I ._.;

Anyway, Peas was cute. I wouldn't mind him appearing again, but only as a short cameo.

...It's hard to NOT make puns with him ._.;;;
Old 11-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #56
fosters home fan
(.¯??¯)

Yes?  

zzzzz, OH, um, This episode wasn't anything new.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #57
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post
Mmm... Ok episode, I don't seem to hate it as much as you guys do >> I kinda like Peas, he really did care for and defend Frankie. I don't like how they changed the end, but Peas defending her honour was very sweet of him.

Anyway, Peas was cute. I wouldn't mind him appearing again, but only as a short cameo.

Frankie is perfectly capable of defending her OWN honor, and doesn't need some pint-sized veggie IF to do it for her. He's certainly not the only character on the show who has ever jumped in to help her, either. That's one of the things that most of us hate so much about the episode. If they wanted an episode about another character helping Frankie out of a tough situation, why not have it be one of the established main characters we've all come to know and love, and create an entirely NEW, never-before-seen episode around that scenario, instead of re-hashing an older episode with this character we've never even heard of before, trying to make it seem like that character has been the only one in the house who ever does anything for Frankie? Two of the show's main characters, including one that is very, very popular(and I'm not just saying that because *I* happen to like him a lot, either), have really been shoved aside this season, mostly by Bloo, but it's worse to see them pushed aside by a character nobody ever heard of.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #58
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzeroace View Post

I didn't have a problem with the character at all. I thought he was pretty cool. You have a point that Peas did care for Frankie. I don't believe it lessens the pain that some endured watching this episode. One should look on the bright side, and I believe there is. It could've been a lot worse, and I'm not even going to say how.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+

Last edited by One Radical Dude; 11-24-2007 at 05:23 PM.
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #59
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
It could've been a lot worse, and I'm not even going to say how.
I can think of a few ways. Regardless, it's difficult to find a bright side to this episode.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #60
The Huntsman
Settling In

I can totally understand how people feel, with how Frankie was robbed of her triumph, but aren’t we all outside of the show’s target demographic? I’m guessing that, unless a hoard of children protest and decry the episode’s ending, I don’t believe the Foster’s Crew is going to change how they handle future episodes.
The Huntsman is offline   Reply With Quote