Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #21
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimTheLost View Post
I don't think tv shows should have crossovers, unless one of the shows was a spin-off of the other.
You mean... you don't want to see "The Brady Bunch On Gilligan's Island"?

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #22
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Eeew. Even me, being a fan of SpongeBob made me cringe at the idea. How would that work exactly? Some kid imagines a SpongeBob? How far could he go, since he can only live in water?

And South Park/Fosters is even MORE of a stretch. South Park is for adult audiences. Fosters is not.

So I'm afraid fan art and fan fics is the only way you'll see this and I for one am glad since that means I can avoid both mediums.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #23
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Foster's isn't atleast supposed to be made for adults.
There was a crossover! It was in "Big Picture", remember?

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:55 PM   #24
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

But it wasn't a main plot point was it? No, it was only a split second when Mandy appeared. She did nothing for the story; and besides, she was from the imagination of Mac.
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #25
montitech
Foster's Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
Foster's isn't atleast supposed to be made for adults.
There was a crossover! It was in "Big Picture", remember?
THere was also a crossover when the threee ed's where at the junkyard while Ed Was fighting for Terrance. (Episode: Eddie Monster)

Monty
montitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 PM   #26
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

Ugh, no! I'm sorry, but what is with people in this fandom and crossing Fosters with shows from a different network that have totally different animation styles? I have NEVER seen a fandom with so many people that like to do this, not even when I was a part of the Digimon and Powerpuff Girls fandoms (and those were way bigger than Fosters).

Sorry for lashing out like that, but this really has been bothering me for a while.
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

Still it was a cross-over.
Also in the Ed's pic, i think that was supposed to be a foster-ized version of Dexter.

Last edited by Invader Bloo; 10-16-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #28
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMars View Post
Ugh, no! I'm sorry, but what is with people in this fandom and crossing Fosters with shows from a different network that have totally different animation styles? I have NEVER seen a fandom with so many people that like to do this, not even when I was a part of the Digimon and Powerpuff Girls fandoms (and those were way bigger than Fosters).

Sorry for lashing out like that, but this really has been bothering me for a while.
I don't really like crossovers either, partially because I don't like getting crappy cartoon in my Foster's. Then there's a big stain and you have to use Shout and everything. Hey, that was a pretty good analogy.

As for mixing animation styles, though, I don't think that would be a problem. Just look at "Drawn Together".
Old 10-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #29
CCMars
Settling In
The Quiet-Yet-Outspoken Friend  

Send a message via AIM to CCMars Send a message via MSN to CCMars Send a message via Yahoo to CCMars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kageri View Post
I don't really like crossovers either, partially because I don't like getting crappy cartoon in my Foster's. Then there's a big stain and you have to use Shout and everything. Hey, that was a pretty good analogy.
"You got crappy cartoon in my Foster's!"
"You got Foster's in my crappy cartoon!"
"Say, this is pretty...eugh, this stuff is terrible!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Quote:
As for mixing animation styles, though, I don't think that would be a problem. Just look at "Drawn Together".
I don't quite mean it in that way. At least when you look at Drawn Together, the overall mood and style of the show still says, "Hey look, I'm on Drawn Together!" Not so with, say, a Spongebob/Foster's crossover.
Website | LJ | DeviantArt
CCMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #30
kageri
Polkameister

FORTY-SEVEN, YES. I MEAN TWO.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMars View Post
"You got crappy cartoon in my Foster's!"
"You got Foster's in my crappy cartoon!"
"Say, this is pretty...eugh, this stuff is terrible!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I don't quite mean it in that way. At least when you look at Drawn Together, the overall mood and style of the show still says, "Hey look, I'm on Drawn Together!" Not so with, say, a Spongebob/Foster's crossover.
That's very true, and I wouldn't want a Spongebob/Foster's crossover either, although I do like Spongebob. They just.... don't need to be crossed over. The settings are too different, even excluding the whole "Spongebob lives underwater and the Foster's gang do not" thing.