Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #21
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

There is an article about the upfront on http://www.broadcastingcable.com

There was no direct mention about the future of Foster's in the article but I did find this piece of news to be rather interesting.

Quote:
The network also announced the creation of the Cartoonstitute, an in-house think tank and development studio that will endeavor to create up to 150 pieces of programming over the next 20 months. The Cartoonstitute will be led by Craig McCracken of The Powerpuff Girls and Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends and Rob Renzetti of Dexter’s Laboratory. The goal is to create programming that can get the fast track to series or film.
Full Article Here: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6547543.html

This can mean a lot of things as pertaining to the future of our favorite show,

Example: Now that Craig is involved in this wonderful new endeavor, he may either give up the head show runner position and let someone else handle the reigns creatively, try to handle both ends of the creative spectrum (Producing and directing) himself. Or worse case scenario, he quits while he is ahead and shuts down production of Foster's, to make time for this.

(Note the above was pure and total speculation and should not be taken as fact as those are just possibilities and nothing more.)

I think this is very cool idea, as there a lot of great artists and writers out there who may just have the next, Foster's, Dexter's Lab Powerpuff Girls in their heads, and this will be a great way to have those ideas come to light.

Last edited by taranchula; 04-03-2008 at 10:04 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #22
Medikor
Robot Master

I'm a bubble man!  

Now that is very interesting news. Congrats to Mr. McCracken.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
One Radical Dude
Big Insensitive Jerkface

Still Awesome  

From the sound of things, it looks like this series will end this year. Well, it's been a nice run, and we still have a bit of the show to go. I think what Craig and Ron Renzetti will be doing is nice, and I wish both gentlemen well.

I know a lot of folks will be upset to know that there was no mention of a seventh season, and part of me knows the feeling. I wasn't surprised that there would be no mention of another season. Why? Well, as I mentioned, 78 is the mark that Cartoon Network usually ends production at for their original series. That was stuck in my head for a while. This news that t mention pretty much explains that Craig will be doing something new for CN, and it doesn't seem likely that he and Renzetti would do another season of the show. It's been great, guys.

Visit these pages: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #24
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

It's all I can say on the matter.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #25
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Radical Dude View Post
From the sound of things, it looks like this series will end this year. Well, it's been a nice run, and we still have a bit of the show to go. I think what Craig and Ron Renzetti will be doing is nice, and I wish both gentlemen well.

I know a lot of folks will be upset to know that there was no mention of a seventh season, and part of me knows the feeling. I wasn't surprised that there would be no mention of another season. Why? Well, as I mentioned, 78 is the mark that Cartoon Network usually ends production at for their original series. That was stuck in my head for a while. This news that t mention pretty much explains that Craig will be doing something new for CN, and it doesn't seem likely that he and Renzetti would do another season of the show. It's been great, guys.
Oh, well that's a shame. Still, the Cartoonstitute sounds pretty awesome and I hope Craig's next project is just as great as Foster's was if not better. And besides, season six just started, so I wouldn't worry about the cancellation of Foster's just yet. It's better if the show ends this year anyway, that way it doesn't "jump the shark" in the future.

Last edited by Mr_Bloo_Veins; 04-03-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #26
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I'm not holding out much hope at this point, but I'm still awaiting to hear from either Craig or Lauren on the matter, and to get a "feel" from them, if they are ready to move on and leave Foster's behind. Again, shows have been saved by fans demanding it, and if they're not really happy with CN's decision, we can still fight this. The only show specifically mentioned in the article I read on the UpFront as having been picked up for another season was "Chowder", which is still more or less new anyway, and it's hard to believe that CN would just basically drop its entire lineup of animated series.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #27
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

The Cartoonstitute sounds like a great thing. If Foster's is ending though... I'm glad to have been able to see this show, and I am proud of Craig's work. A big thanks to Mr. McCracken for creating one of the finest cartoons to ever exist, I will never forget this show.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #28
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

This is from ToonZone, a couple of hours ago:

Quote:
Chowder will anchor a new bloc of Thursday night comedies on Cartoon Network, the network announced at its Upfront presentation today. The series, which is getting new episodes, will be joined by the returning Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends, Camp Lazlo, and George of the Jungle, and by a newbie series, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.
Original article here:

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=22724

At present I do not know if "returning" means a new season or not. I have been all over the web today and I can find nothing that's a definite yes or no. However, I am more hopeful than I was yesterday.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.

Last edited by Cassini90125; 04-03-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:36 PM   #29
Shelltoon
A Caring Individual

So sweet...  

Stop being vague about it CN! Tell us directly if Seasons 7 and beyond are happening or not. o.o
Old 04-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #30
Ditchy McAbandonpants
At Home

Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet.  

...hmmm. I've got to tell you, reading this report leaves me feeling conflicted and anxious.

If this is to be the end of Foster's, fine; I've said my bit on that, and I stick by it. At this point, though, I can't pretend to be anything other than apprehensive about the possible implications of his new production and development role at CN. Certainly, I'm delighted for him personally; this sounds like a significant promotion, a genuinely important creative supervision role that will allow him to influence and improve Cartoon Network's future output as a whole, demonstrating the trust and faith the network have in his talents. My fear, however, is that Craig's involvement in this Cartoonstitute project (which, with its 20-month brief, is clearly a major undertaking) will pretty much put paid to the possibility of a true Craig McCracken production emerging any time in the near future. Let's face it, we know that Craig isn't one of these "hands-off" creators; he directs every single episode of his shows, and gives every impression of being creatively involved at every level, and I can't see him being able to do that once he has 150 other shows to polish, inspect and rubber-stamp. If I'm honest, deep down I never really expected Foster's to be renewed for a seventh season, but I was certainly hoping that we might get some inklings of a follow-up project; heck, in my more wildly optimistic, romantic moments I was hoping we might even see a Powerpuff revival. Instead, it sounds to me more like we're about to enter an era where almost all of CN's output will have the McCracken branding upon them, but at the cost of having a show for Craig and his fans to really call their own...

We'll see how it goes, though. We still have at least one more full season of Foster's left to go, and whatever happens, I'm sure that Craig and CN will have some treats in store, but the way it looks to me now, it seems as though the end of Foster's might be the end of an era in more ways than one.

EDIT: Cassini, wouldn't that most likely refer to the upcoming airing of Season Six? Foster's hasn't aired regularly for months now, so I would presume that that was why it was said to be "returning"...

Last edited by Ditchy McAbandonpants; 04-03-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Ditchy McAbandonpants is offline   Reply With Quote