Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:32 AM   #71
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Finally got a chance to see it (and with high quality, too!). Though I enjoyed it it wasn't THE best episode ever... But I have to say I really cracked up when Bloo started whipping his helmet hair around, washing the Foster's... tank XD

Really cute, though... but I was dissapointed that we didn't get to SEE Mac as The Creator
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #72
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgheist View Post
Finally got a chance to see it (and with high quality, too!). Though I enjoyed it it wasn't THE best episode ever... But I have to say I really cracked up when Bloo started whipping his helmet hair around, washing the Foster's... tank XD

Really cute, though... but I was dissapointed that we didn't get to SEE Mac as The Creator
That's because the "Creator of Everything" wasn't actually there while all this was going on, and he had no clue that his Magic Potato...I mean Power Crystal...er, Game Guy...was causing so much drama.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #73
Zeitgheist
At Home
It's not enough to succeed! Others must fail...  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
That's because the "Creator of Everything" wasn't actually there while all this was going on, and he had no clue that his Magic Potato...I mean Power Crystal...er, Game Guy...was causing so much drama.

pitbulllady
Ah, you're right XD it would've been nice to see an image of how Bloo imagined him, though
Zeitgheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #74
don Jaime
Settling In

Synopsis: Bloo is telling Mac an adventure fantasy story. The Bloo Superdude, basically Bloo as a combo of Conan the Barbarian and Mad Max, hooks up with a village boy (Eduardo), a Jedi Master-type (Wilt), and an alien (Coco. I think she was an alien.) who have found a magic potato. The potato makes everything fun. The potato is the property of the Great Creator of Everything Cool in the Universe, and the Bloo Superdude decides to protect in hopes of getting it back to him.

The groups is waylaid by Lord Nasty (Mr. Herriman) and his robot carrot army, who want to ban all fun. Imprisoned, they meet a fairy princess (Frankie) who gives them three tasks so she'll get them out to meet the Queen (Madame Foster). The tasks are to get eggs, wash the bus, er, battle tank, and take out the trash. The Superdude and friends race Lord Nasty to the Queen, who admonishes him for ruining all the fun. There's then a massive squabble over the potato. The Superdude destroys it to stop the battle.

Mac is deeply impressed by this story, until Frankie accidentally reveals Herriman grounded Bloo that day and she got him out of it by letting him do her chores. The "potato" is Mac's handheld video game. He's a bit sore.

Doesn't sound like much, but it's all in the execution. It's pretty outlandish and exciting, even though you know Bloo's explaining his way out of trouble again.
don Jaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:21 AM   #75
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

How come no one mentioned the cheerleading scene? XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #76
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

I FINALLY saw the episode, and it's the BEST one I saw in Season 5!! And oh, man! I don't even know where to begin! Well, first off, the part when Frankie is using short tirms of what's happening and what to do was funny, and when Frankie showed a screenshot of the key to the "Magic Potato", Bloo just CRASED through the jail and tried to get the holographic key! Oh man, I laughed so hard! And the cheerleading part, OMG, I just wished that Wilt would wear that outfit again without the cape!! I spotted a whole lot of refrences, from the ones that I know to the ones that I don't! If you ask me, it's the best episode yet!!!!

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:33 AM   #77
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Out of the four new episodes that aired, I watched this one last. (I was working through them backwards you see.)

I think it's always nice to see an animated program once in a while do something that deviates from the norm and gives itself an excuse to get away with things they normally would not be able to do in a regular episode.

Bloo Superdude.... was a shining example of everything an experimental episode should be.

Everything just clicked together and nothing seemed pointless or out of place, the myriad of pop culture gags actually helped to move the story along at a brisk pace rather then used as a way to pad things out while waiting for the next plot point to come up.

And it was also nice to see there was actual reasoning behind the way the story played out the way it did. It wasn't just, Bloo was bored so he randomly decides to make this story up as he goes along...blah blah blah, boring.

So all in all, this was another great episode, and that's all there is to it.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:34 AM   #78
ptps
At Home

Best Friends Forever  

I DIED. XDDDDDD This episode is so terrible, and in the BEST WAY.
ptps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:32 AM   #79
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

This just hit me...OK, not literally, but in a "why didn't I think of that earlier" way-I've been wracking my brain trying to recall what that opening scene from this episode reminded me of, with the Bloo Superdude riding through the desert on his "Hog", with that severed doll head dangling from the handlebars. My first inclination was the post-Apocalyptic world of Mad Max, but that still didn't seem accurate. Last night, in bed, my long-term memory finally kicked in, and I realized what that scene(the baby doll head especially)reminded me of. Anyone seen the Nick Cage/Holly Hunter movie, Raising Arizona? Remember the bounty hunter dude? He rode a big Harley, was huge and muscular(played by "Tex" Cobb), wore a sort of armor plated outfit, and had a severed doll head hanging from the bike's handlebars, just like Bloo!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #80
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

Yeah I love that movie (great soundtrack too). The doll head made me think of it, although I wasn't sure if maybe Raising Arizona had borrowed that from some other, earlier movie. He had a pair of bronze baby shoes too right or am I thinking about another movie?

Last edited by Sparky; 09-20-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote