Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #1011
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

I would, like, do ANYTHING to get a cool accent besides my teenager accent, which I, like, TOTALLY am getting tired of, like, sort of.

Icon made by Xx Broken With A SmilexX!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #1012
FailedShapeshifter
Settling In
Computers hate me ^_^  

What's wrong with sounding like a teenager? Unless of course you sound like a teen from Foster's Universe......WE AREN'T ALL STONERS! .........Sorry about that.......it just bugs me how all the teens on Foster's are classed as ethier idiots or nerds. Granted I'm a nerd, but that doesn't mean all teenagers are.

Got a bit off topic there huh? Sorry again. I love how Wilt's accent comes out when he's angry too, I feel like I can relate. Eventhough I sound like a backwards hic........
FailedShapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #1013
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

floccinaucinihilipilification  

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
Oh, lucky.

O' course, I'm perfectly happy with my accent, so I can't say I'm all too jealous XD Must be pretty cool though, eh?

yeah, it IS pretty friggin sweet-o!
but I think my voice sounds like his.
just a few octaves higher.
which is kinda weird.
yet awesome.
and y'know what else I noticed?
MY accent gets a lot worse [is that the word for it?] when I'm angry too.
seriously.
I sound SO ghetto when I'm mad.
or loud.
ok, sorry about that!
I just started rambling.
sorry!

Last edited by x_dummkoff_x; 05-24-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: >.<
x_dummkoff_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #1014
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_dummkoff_x View Post
yeah, it IS pretty friggin sweet-o!
but I think my voice sounds like his.
just a few octaves higher.
which is kinda weird.
yet awesome.
and y'know what else I noticed?
MY accent gets a lot worse [is that the word for it?] when I'm angry too.
seriously.
I sound SO ghetto when I'm mad.
or loud.
ok, sorry about that!
I just started rambling.
sorry!

Accent and voice tone are two different things, though. An accent is more like a regional dialect, the way that people from different parts of the world, or different parts of the same country, speak, regardless of their age or gender. I can only speak for how Wilt sounds in the US version of the show, since I know that the voices are dubbed by different actors in different languages, but he speaks with an accent/dialect that is found along the southern coastal regions of South Carolina(where I live)and Georgia, and accent commonly known in the area of Charleston, South Carolina(one of the oldest US cities)as "Geechee". It's especially noticeable among the African-American population in that region. From the time I started watching the show, Wilt's accent intrigued me as either being New Orleans "Creole"(also known as "Yat", in reference to their greeting, "Where 'yat"?", which is comparable to "How's it going?")or Charleston "Geechee", since both dialects have similar origins and sound much alike. Good Wilt Hunting pretty much cleared that up, with background scenes from Wilt's hometown that are quite familiar to me, or to most South Carolinians-even some of my students recognized the Charleston streets and were very eager to share that with me when they got back to school! Charleston also has the distinction of having been named "The Most Polite City in America" more times than any other city, so it's only fitting that someone of Wilt's personality would be from there, since he's arguably the Most Polite Person In America! Also, Jordan Michaels is based on Michael Jordan, who's from NORTH Carolina, so it would make sense that if Michael Jordan is from North Carolina, Jordan Michaels would be from SOUTH Carolina...just don't get any SC resident started on whether he played college B-ball for the University of South Carolina or Clemson University-you do NOT wanna go THERE, trust me!

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #1015
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

Send a message via AIM to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via MSN to x_dummkoff_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_dummkoff_x

I meant both of it.
and after that, ya lost me.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #1016
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Just a friendly reminder, to please stay try and stay on topic (Which of course in the case is the Wilt-Man) okay?

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #1017
x_dummkoff_x
Riku

all right, fine.
WILT'S TOTALLY HOT!
there.
that's on topic.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:26 AM   #1018
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

And totally in the wrong Wilt thread. Wilt Appreciation Thread is right next door. :p
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #1019
Invader Bloo
Elder Spam

Teh Merc with teh Mouth  

I wonder why Wilt is getting beat up this season? Why do the writers like to beat up Wilt & Frankie? Especally since they're some of the most popular characters (Wilt moreso than Frankie).

Invader Bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #1020
Vampyre
Smart Aleck
Woah! Look at that ZIT!... PSYCHE!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader Bloo View Post
I wonder why Wilt is getting beat up this season? Why do the writers like to beat up Wilt & Frankie? Especally since they're some of the most popular characters (Wilt moreso than Frankie).
My guess is that the producers KNOW that a lot of people (like the people on TV.com) feel that Frankie and Witl are serious character's. I know of a few people who think Wilt is TOO serious. Anyways, for reasons unknown, younger viewers appear to like it when serious character's are in distress, like on the old Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom gets hit over the head with an ironing board, or hit with something so his face moulds to that shape. Of course, Foster's isn't a very violent cartoon, infact, the most violent cartoon I know of these days is probably Billy and Mandy (which isn't really VIOLENT at all, just a bit... eck), and because Foster's isn't very violent, I suppose the producers try to wind up the more serious character's in some way to ammuse the younger viewers. We aren't the only people who watch the show after all, and even though alot of us aren't to keen on Wilt or Frankie getting picked on or going completely off the deep end (though Wilt's little Temper Tantrum down the phone still puts me in hysterics) it's what a lot of the younger viewers like to see. it's like seeing your stuffy old head teacher pants in the middle of the busy school corridor I suppose...
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote