Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #71
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

In the Episodes for Download thread, in the General Board =).
And hey, the US doesn't get all of the great shows - after all, we've got the Royle Family =P.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #72
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

Silly, Nervous, Helpful and Blue.  

the royel family? never heard of it. i guess it isnt to do with fhfif but wat is the royel family?
and thx for pointin me in the right direction!
WG
WiltGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #73
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltGirl View Post
the royel family? never heard of it. i guess it isnt to do with fhfif but wat is the royel family?
and thx for pointin me in the right direction!
WG
An unconventional sitcom written by and starring Caroline Aherne and Craig Cash, alongside Ricky Tomlinson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theroylefamily/index.shtml

EDIT: Keep in mind that the above article is a bit out of date. There has been another RF special since, as well as an additional Comic Relief sketch.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-13-2009 at 10:10 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #74
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

ooooooo, i now which one you mean. i just need to see a pic and i knew straight away. i thought u might have been talking about sum spin off 'my family'. which is a very good english program! (if its english and i didnt just make a stupid comment. lol)
but america has the best cartoons! is there an english cartoon that popular?
WOO FHFIF AND TMNT!
WG
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #75
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Well, there's Aardman's output. It's stop motion rather than "cartoon" in the strictest sense, but I consider the Wallace and Gromit shorts (and feature film) to be among some of the finest animated films ever made.`

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #76
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

you said it! wallace and gromit rocks. but as u said, their animation. i cant think of a british cartoon thats not been totally weird/bad. alot of kids cartoons now are actually from places like spain, and yes i speak of pocoyo.
but fhfif is one of the best cartoons eva, and since we can get it in the uk, (even if it is by downloading from the internet by this site) i guess i cant really complain.....

yes i can. lol, lucky americans!
WG
Old 05-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #77
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiltGirl View Post
you said it! wallace and gromit rocks. but as u said, their animation. i cant think of a british cartoon thats not been totally weird/bad.
You clearly missed out on Pinny's House, King Rollo, The Dreamstone, The Animals of Farthing Wood (bar series 3), the old-school Cosgrove Hall productions and the like...a lot of stuff which I grew up on in the late 80s/early 90s, and which is now long gone and isn't coming back (luckily we'd acquired a VHS recorder before they completely drifted from the air). I can't speak much for the state of current UK kids' television, since I now don't watch a huge deal of television, period. Still, Charlie and Lola seems nice enough. On the whole, I think that stop motion is the animation medium which we've done best with, giving rise to such creations as W&G, Morph and Creature Comforts, and it's far from confined to what Aardman Studios have done (plus you can consider the range of one-off 2d animated instalments, like the various Raymond Briggs adaptations, many of which are now classics).

Oh how far off-topic we must have come...

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-15-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #78
Ridureyu
Permanent Resident

Send a message via AIM to Ridureyu

I liked the Discworld animated adaptations, except that the actual animation quality was abysmally poor.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:28 AM   #79
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
I liked the Discworld animated adaptations, except that the actual animation quality was abysmally poor.
Discworld (the TV series) was one of Cosgrove Hall's, I believe. They're probably most famous for their 80s cartoons DangerMouse and Count Duckula, both of which featured leading voice-work from David Jason. The animation quality there might seem a little crude nowadays (particularly when compared to something as fluid as Foster's), but it still beat the pants off most product-based cartoon shows of the decade.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 05-15-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #80
WiltGirl
Newly Abandoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
You clearly missed out on Pinny's House, King Rollo, The Dreamstone, The Animals of Farthing Wood (bar series 3), the old-school Cosgrove Hall productions and the like...a lot of stuff which I grew up on in the late 80s/early 90s, and which is now long gone and isn't coming back (luckily we'd acquired a VHS recorder before they completely drifted from the air).
I forgot about the animals of farthing wood, i love that tv show and the books. i dont regonise the others but that did also remind me of watership down. which i did like! i think thats english. plus ther was the cartoon series 'the spider' which i think was english which was very good.
its a shame none of these old shows arnt coming back because they were much better than sum rubbish you see today. of course not including fhfif in that.
we have kinda gone off topic havent we? lol.
its nice to know though that others remember these old shows.

WG

Wilt: I don't know where that crazy chicken went.