Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Discuss the episodes and their events here.

View Poll Results: How do you rate the movie?
A 35 92.11%
B 3 7.89%
C 0 0%
D 0 0%
F 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #181
swarlock
Settling In

I am Bloo. Hear me roar!  

Saw it. Loved it.

The ending was exactly what I thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I don't think that at the time she was aware of what they'd been through to get to her. Furthermore, if they missed her, they should have said so, instead of rattling off a litany of things that she did for them:

All: "But Frankie we need you!"
Eduardo: "I miss how you sew up my beanie baggies when they rip!"
Wilt: "I'm sorry but I miss how you pumped up my basketballs so they were always just right!"
Mac: "I miss how you help with my homework, even if it's like a really long math problem!"
Coco: (Who knows?)
Bloo: "Besides, who's gonna make us Frankie Foster's famous french toast?"

If I thought the only reason people liked having me around was because of the chores I take care of and the the stuff I do for them I'd be pretty fracked off myself. People need to know that they're appreciated for who they are, not just for what they do.
Agreed.

Last edited by taranchula; 12-20-2008 at 07:43 PM.
swarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #182
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

I think instead of "We need you", it probably could've been "We miss you". If not that, then "Foster's isn't the same without you", or something along those lines.

"We miss you because you're like our big sister", perhaps. It's honestly hard to make it appear like the "You do this and that" sort of fashion. At least, it's hard for me to.

Last edited by antgirl1; 12-20-2008 at 06:38 PM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #183
swarlock
Settling In

I am Bloo. Hear me roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Mr. Herriman is more properly referred to, in terms of personality traits, as "anal retentive". Everything has to be JUST SO, no room for error. Part of THAT has to do with HIS era, too; "back in the day" people were just expected to strive for perfection and adhere strictly to rules. Any of you who have ever had close contact with a person who grew up around the turn of the 20th Century knows how these dear folks frown upon our "lazy" and "careless" society.

pitbulllady
My Mom came to mind when you wrote this. I've caught myself doing it too sometimes.

Last edited by swarlock; 12-20-2008 at 07:05 PM.
swarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:50 AM   #184
dieddead46
Newly Abandoned

A very definite A. I mean, with a different ending, and put in to a different context, that could have so easily been a horror film if it hadn't had the fosters guys in it.
A perfect composition of animation, classic storytelling, suspense, and even notes on human/imaginary friend nature.
It's going to be really hard for the guys to create anything better than that... Then again, I said that after cheese a go-go, and was proved wrong time many a time.
dieddead46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #185
Taco Wiz
Newly Abandoned

BRILLIANT! AMAZING! STUPENDOUS! None of those words describe this special! XD Okay, they all do. It was great, and we finally got a decent role for Frankie. She almost seemed like a damsel in distress. World [what people are calling the villain] was a great character. My favorite part was when Mr. Herrimen, from Frankie's point of view, tried to get World to literally SUFFOCATE TO DEATH in a toybox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
It's all as if CN is wanting us to think that Foster's never existed...
That's what happened with Craig's last show, The Powerpuff Girls. You see, every few years, when Cartoon Network'ss profits are waaaaaaaaaaaay down, they have to literally destroy the entire channel and everything that people remember from it. Camp Lazlo, Gym Partner, Squirrel Boy, Billy and Mandy, Out of Jimmy's Head, Foster's, and everything you remember from about a year ago have been completely removed from the schedule. It's a smart business move, as the ratings have gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. This is the natural order of things whether or not we like it. I got teary eyed while typing this. This proves how much of a dork I am.

Bloo's my best friend...and now he's dead...

*slaps myself for getting too attachted to a drawing*

Last edited by Taco Wiz; 02-01-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Taco Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #186
AXavierB
Newly Abandoned

I watched this special last week. I have to say, it's my favorite episode of the entire series. I loved how it all played out like an adventure, and it really did seem a lot like a video game, especially the whole damsel-in-distress thing with Frankie and the Mario Bros. reference.

I like how they sort of subverted the damsel-in-distress cliche by showing that Frankie stayed with World willingly because she was his friend. I also liked the friendship and chemistry between them. World also has the most interesting powers as an imaginary friend out of any other in the show.
You'll be right here with me
And when your tears are dry from crying
And the world has turned silent
When the clouds have all departed
You'll be right here with me
AXavierB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:00 AM   #187
Mew
#1 Prizestuffer

I'm gonna live forever or die trying!  

I know this is kind of late, but Destination Imagination just aired over here. Well, I was taping it (because I like taping things) and then when it got to the "peed off" line, there was.. nothing. After Herriman's line, they took a shot from /after/ the line, and lengthened it a bit, I believe (I'll have to do a side-by-side comparison or something, but they definately did something.) I'm sure they did it because it sounded like swearing, but it's still a bit of a.. strange edit :| Especially since they didn't edit anything in the place of that line, so there was just a long silence.

It was a well-done edit, though, I'll admit that. Is this a UK-only edit, or has it been aired over in America/Canada (in reruns) like this?
Old 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #188
BluebottleFlyer
Foster's Legend

Bug/monster/snowman/surfer creator at work  

Location: Connecticut, USA (originally from County Durham, UK)
Send a message via Skype™ to BluebottleFlyer

Finally got round to seeing "Destination Imagination", 4 years later of course - but better late than never I guess. (Bear with me, reviews aren't my strong point.)
Goes without saying that I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish, it was great to see Frankie get centre stage, not to mention finally getting some well-earned respect in the end. Thought the whole concept of an imaginary friend being able to become an entire world of their own creation was a unique concept, and he made for a very engaging character.
I especially enjoyed the underground chase scene, which obviously was a great big nod to a certain classic level of Super Mario Bros. And yeah, I was quite surprised hearing Bloo's "cussing" moment, it sounded very convincing!

An A+ all the way.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #189
fosters-fan
At Home

Send a message via AIM to fosters-fan

You know, looking back on this movie, I just realized how aggravating Bloo and Herriman were.

Bloo, because not only did he say that Foster's was all about him, but he also dedicated most of his time to antagonizing Eduardo. Why Ed didn't maul him or pummel him to the ground is beyond me...

And Herriman, because everything bad that happened in the movie is all.

His!

FAULT!!!

I don't even know why Frankie hadn't reprimanded him in the midst of him talking down to World, giving him "The Reason You Suck" speech and saying that he couldn't even fire her anyway because she quit her job of being his slave. I sure as fruitcake would have.

-Eduardo, 'Eddie Monster'
fosters-fan is offline   Reply With Quote