Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #11
InsaneFan
Foster's Legend
It's time for Animaniacs!  

Send a message via AIM to InsaneFan

Omg, I would LOVE to see that. xD
Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #12
billytheskink
Permanent Resident

I'm Punk Rock...  

Send a message via AIM to billytheskink

I thought they could have been more creative with his name. But I guess Michael Jordan references are easy to get.

I would have appreciated "Russell Williams" more...
billytheskink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #13
Jabberwocky
Permanent Resident
I could be violet sky!  

Send a message via AIM to Jabberwocky Send a message via MSN to Jabberwocky Send a message via Yahoo to Jabberwocky Send a message via Skype™ to Jabberwocky

Anything other than a Michael Jordan reference would have been lost on a lot of people, including myself, as he's the only basketball player I know, and that's only because I saw Space Jam. XD

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 11-28-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Jabberwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:23 AM   #14
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

"Aw, but I really wanted you to see my MANSION." -Jordan

Last edited by antgirl1; 11-28-2006 at 06:23 AM.
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 AM   #15
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgirl1 View Post
"Aw, but I really wanted you to see my MANSION." -Jordan
Yeah, seriously, lol! If Jordan didn't sound like a little kid whining to his dad in that scene, and Wilt didn't sound just like a parent too tired to argue taking the easy route and giving in, I don't like spiders! The way that Wilt patiently showed the younger Jordan how to shoot a basket, how to hold the ball properly, and so forth, was just like a dad showing his kid how to do something, whether it was playing basketball or riding his first bike. Same goes for when Jordan tells Wilt that Wilt was his hero, and that he's responsible for Jordan becoming the better person that he is, rather than a better basketball player. In the past, that role of really shaping the character of a young boy into a decent man fell upon his father, or other male adult role model if the father was dead, and that's why so many young boys eventually wind up in trouble and become criminals-they have no father figures to guide them and teach them things like character. Even that good-natured ribbing there at the end, when Wilt and Jordan are playing basketball and Wilt is winning by a huge margin, suggests the sort of dynamic I used to see between fathers and their now-adult sons. I can recall my father and grandfather having similar little challenges, usually about working on a car or fixing something, since neither were into playing sports.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #16
antgirl1
Baja Blast my Beloved

Rapo or Rachel is fine!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yeah, seriously, lol! If Jordan didn't sound like a little kid whining to his dad in that scene, and Wilt didn't sound just like a parent too tired to argue taking the easy route and giving in, I don't like spiders! The way that Wilt patiently showed the younger Jordan how to shoot a basket, how to hold the ball properly, and so forth, was just like a dad showing his kid how to do something, whether it was playing basketball or riding his first bike. Same goes for when Jordan tells Wilt that Wilt was his hero, and that he's responsible for Jordan becoming the better person that he is, rather than a better basketball player. In the past, that role of really shaping the character of a young boy into a decent man fell upon his father, or other male adult role model if the father was dead, and that's why so many young boys eventually wind up in trouble and become criminals-they have no father figures to guide them and teach them things like character. Even that good-natured ribbing there at the end, when Wilt and Jordan are playing basketball and Wilt is winning by a huge margin, suggests the sort of dynamic I used to see between fathers and their now-adult sons. I can recall my father and grandfather having similar little challenges, usually about working on a car or fixing something, since neither were into playing sports.

pitbulllady
I kinda think Jordan was just messing with Wilt when he said that. XD
antgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #17
Thornwhistle
Banned

I see you.  

Did you see his face when he said that? He looked he was pouting,like a kid.
Thornwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:19 PM   #18
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornwhistle View Post
Did you see his face when he said that? He looked he was pouting,like a kid.
Yeah, he did-a kid with a receding hairline! I think he was using an old trick that probably used to work with Wilt(most of the time, anyway)back when he really was a little kid, and you could see that Wilt's immediate reaction was like, "PLEASE, no more WHINING...I'll do anything you say...just don't WHINE!"

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
"C" the Dragon
Foster's Legend
...and be amazed by it's powerful flames! Roar!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
Yeah, he did-a kid with a receding hairline! I think he was using an old trick that probably used to work with Wilt(most of the time, anyway)back when he really was a little kid, and you could see that Wilt's immediate reaction was like, "PLEASE, no more WHINING...I'll do anything you say...just don't WHINE!"

pitbulllady
I can see how Wilt never refuses and always a "Yes-man", LOL!
"C" the Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #20
heartless95
Newly Abandoned
i'M A GooFy GoObER!  

I think they reli should do an episode where goes to the mansion without the rest of them.We`ll see how they cope with lossing him...again