Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Supporting Cast

Notices

Supporting Cast Discuss everyone else in the show, both human and imaginary. For discussions about single, specific characters only.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Aardvark
This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Big Bear!  

Default 'Big Bear' and 'Big Robot'

Anyone have any info/pictures on the large purple bear and/or the large silver robot (not the super hero looking one - the OTHER one) who appear often in the background? I'd love to know their real names (if they have one?).

I'm not sure why, but my youngest son is OBSSESED with finding these guys in episodes. Well, he loves most of the minor characters (Jackie Combs, Fluffernutter, Purple, Sharkhead...) - but "Big Robot" and "Big Bear" are **the** best. There is also who we call "Baby Blue Bird" and "Baby Tiger" but those guys are really hard to find...

Oh... the hours looking for these guys on Big Fat Awesome House Party (or is that "BFAHP"?)
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM   #2
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I believe that the "big robot" you are referring to is based on Brad Bird's The Iron Giant, if I'm thinking of the same one you are. In Good Wilt Hunting, the robot is briefly seen having a reunion with a creator who looks suspiciously like Brad Bird, too.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Aardvark
Big Bear!  

I'd agree he looks like the Iron Giant - and yes that is "Big Robot". As for the guy (his creator) on this shoulder in Good Wilt Hunting... I kinda thought he looked like a generic (mad) scientist. I'll have to look again...!

That one is a good Big Robot appearance since it seems to be new animation (or at least new art work - I don't recall if he moves). Most Robot/Bear appearances are often based of stock footage.

Last edited by Aardvark; 08-15-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Spelling...
Old 08-15-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
I'd agree he looks like the Iron Giant - and yes that is "Big Robot". As for the guy (his creator) on this shoulder in Good Wilt Hunting... I kinda thought he looked like a generic (mad) scientist. I'll have to look again...!

That one is a good Big Robot appearance since it seems to be new animation (or at least new art work - I don't recall if he moves). Most Robot/Bear appearances are often based of stock footage.

I had to laugh at the "mad scientist" remark-you DO know that "Buddy Pine", aka "Syndrome", in The Incredibles was based on Brad Bird, physically, right? Give Buddy a haircut, tone down that chin and that hick accent that keeps popping up, and put him in "civilian" clothes, and he and Brad could just about pass as son and father!

pitbulllady

Last edited by pitbulllady; 08-15-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:42 AM   #5
Aardvark
Big Bear!  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulllady View Post
I had to laugh at the "mad scientist" remark-you DO know that "Buddy Pine", aka "Syndrome", in The Incredibles was based on Brad Bird, physically, right? Give Buddy a haircut, tone down that chin and that hick accent that keeps popping up, and put him in "civilian" clothes, and he and Brad could just about pass as son and father!

pitbulllady
Well, no I didn't know that. I also didn't know that Pine was the character's last name either.
Soooo what you're saying is that "Big Robot" is an Omnidroid?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:06 AM   #6
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Well, no I didn't know that. I also didn't know that Pine was the character's last name either.
Soooo what you're saying is that "Big Robot" is an Omnidroid?
No, the "Big Robot" based on the Iron Giant; both the movie of that name and The Incredibles were directed by Brad Bird, who probably can't help it that he looks like a mad scientist, lol. The creator of the robot seen on Foster's, the creator who appears in Good Wilt Hunting, is based on Brad Bird himself, just like "Fluffer Nutter's"(the pink squirrel) creator is more or less Paul Touttle of "American Chopper" fame. The Foster's crew loves to put in cameos like that.

Now the Extremasaur from the pilot episode DOES look like the Omnidroid, though.

pitbulllady
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #7
Aardvark
Big Bear!  

I was just kidding about the Omnidroid thing...

I did notice a lot of Iron Giant references in the Incredible's DVD easter eggs - I guess now I know why...
Old 09-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #8
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I figured I'd post this here...

Both these guys appear in the Season 2 Friends Gallery.

Burple Bear

Myron Giant (is this the right character?)

Last edited by Sparky; 09-11-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:23 AM   #9
Aardvark
Big Bear!  

YES!!! Thanks! Where did those screeies come from? I thought the DVD wasn't out yet?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:00 PM   #10
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

No...it came out yesterday.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote