Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Characters > Imaginary Friends

Notices

Imaginary Friends Discuss the main imaginary characters: Bloo, Wilt, Eduardo, Coco, Mr. Herriman, Duchess, and Cheese.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:50 PM   #11
Voxxyn
Banned

The Foster's pages on Wikipedia say or have said at one point that Eduardo will die a grisly death, that Bloo is Mac's only friend(not best, only), that Frankie is named after Frank Black of alternative-rock band The Pixies, that Mac's Mom and her IF would show up in "Good Wilt Hunting", etc...

Yeah, I'd say it's just a bunch of nonsense.

I like Duchess. Not as a person, of course, but as a character. She's a great villain figure, and I wouldn't mind seeing her given another starring role in the same quality as "Duchess of Wails". I especially like the interactions between her and Frankie.

The opening minute of DOW with Duchess and Frankie arguing was infinitely more funny and entertaining than all twenty-one minutes of the episode that preceded it in premiere airdate.
Voxxyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #12
The bloo
Settling In

Cool  

Dutchess is ugly and is very mean to frankie and the others

Thats the bloo i know

Thats ugly

:bloogrin
The bloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #13
jokerbloo
Newly Abandoned
Are you sure you dont want some candy?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bloo View Post
thats what EXACTLY what i think of her......plus she smells funny.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:13 PM   #14
BabyElephant
Settling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bloo View Post
Which is exactly why Foster's needs her...every show needs that antagonist, the character everyone loves to hate. While I certainly wouldn't want to see her in large doses, a little bit of Duchess (no "t", consarn it) adds a little bit of conflict that makes the show more interesting. And unlike certain other unpleasant IFs who shall..erm...remain nameless, I don't get a feeling of maliciousness with Duchess. She's a royal pain in the you-know-what, but she can't help it...it's just who she is.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #15
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary_dream View Post
This kind of makes me wonder, though... (I'm sorry if this has appeared in an episode and I've just forgotten it) since she IS 2D in a world that is meant to be 3D, can she fit through extremely small places like a piece of paper through wooden slats?
If she did possess that ability, I'm wondering if she'd even use it, considering the fact that she disdains doing any real physical activity and will attempt to find a way to get by without doing it no matter what.

As for the character herself, I like the character a bit. I think she can make an entertaining antagonist, especially when she plays off of Bloo. I still think her interaction with Bloo and Mac in "Dinner is Swerved" made for some of the funniest moments in that episode.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #16
Sparky
Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania

Am not Slave-O-Matic! Am Johnny Five!  

Send a message via ICQ to Sparky Send a message via AIM to Sparky Send a message via MSN to Sparky Send a message via Yahoo to Sparky

I can see Bloo (and perhaps Mac) trying to connive her into slipping through a narrow opening or under a locked door in order to do/get something for him/them. That would be amusing.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I can see Bloo (and perhaps Mac) trying to connive her into slipping through a narrow opening or under a locked door in order to do/get something for him/them. That would be amusing.
Dag, that would be awesome to see in an episode, just to see the three of them in some kind of situation where they are forced to put aside past differences for only a moment and work together. (And no Duchess of Wails doesn't really count in that respect just for the simple fact that Duchess wasn't exactly a willing participant in Mac and Bloo's scheme in that episode.)

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 PM   #18
DoubleLatte
At Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyElephant View Post
Which is exactly why Foster's needs her...every show needs that antagonist, the character everyone loves to hate. While I certainly wouldn't want to see her in large doses, a little bit of Duchess (no "t", consarn it) adds a little bit of conflict that makes the show more interesting. And unlike certain other unpleasant IFs who shall..erm...remain nameless, I don't get a feeling of maliciousness with Duchess. She's a royal pain in the you-know-what, but she can't help it...it's just who she is.
Exactly.

And, don't hate me, but when I first saw Duchess, I flinched a little at the uncanny resemblance between her and myself, in terms of bossing around and high maintenance, and dare I say it... maybe some narcissism. :3 The only reason I don't reach the heights of blatant rudeness like Duchess is because I have to restrain myself to be a likeable and civilized individual. But deep down, yeah, I probably would be a Duchess myself. I was her creator, in fact. ;p

Hey, at least I'm honest with myself, and the truth stings; particularly when someone else points that out to you.
DoubleLatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:41 AM   #19
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

You know it's odd but we haven't seen Duchess for a while. She's not my favorite character mind you, and she's down right ugly as sin, but I think they need to keep her around because she's still a decent reoccurring villain.

I think her voice suits her perfectly and it's one of the really great "evil" traits about her that I find so suiting for her character. After seeing Little Lincoln and the Space Nutboogies take over the house, Duchess could probably do the same.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:35 PM   #20
Cell_Phone_guy
Settling In

Since Little Lincoln sold all the imaginary friends in "Emancipation Complication" (except for Bloo and Herriman), he must of sold Duchess to someone as well. I wonder who would have bought her since hardly anyone took her for free! I also wonder how long before whoever bought her would want their money back!

Last edited by Cell_Phone_guy; 12-08-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Cell_Phone_guy is offline   Reply With Quote