Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Way Off Topic

Notices

Way Off Topic For non-Foster's-related *discussions* (not spam). Posts that are religious, sexual, or political in nature will be heavily moderated. Please keep it clean!

Old 03-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #471
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

A sign of the coming Apocolypse, I guess...this Tuesday, I'm returning to primary school - although this time around it's to discuss the possibility of me obtaining a voluntary position as a classroom assistant, experience which would put me in good stead for applying for a PGCE later on in the year. It would definitely be a step in the right direction. Besides, since graduating from University at the start of the year, I haven't had a particularly huge amount to do. I'm desperate to get back into something.

Actually, what probably is a sign of the coming Apocolypse is the ever-increasing likelihood that I'm going to follow in both my parents' footsteps and go into teaching after all (which takes on greater significance if you knew me a fair while back and how I would react to such a suggestion)...right now I'm feeling strangely optimistic about the whole notion.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 03-20-2009 at 01:58 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #472
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

I kind of want to teach latin or something when I get older, but my personal experience at high school tells me I'd rather not. :l

I cant really tell how my day at school went. made a collage in fine arts, watched a movie, did some biology stuff, but then I paid a dollar and they let me just go to a basketball game during class instead. best dollar ever. helps the game was actually pretty fun to watch too.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #473
Sama-chan
Servant of the shadows

Do I LOOK like a people person?  

High school, still full of as much drama as before.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #474
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
A sign of the coming Apocolypse, I guess...this Tuesday, I'm returning to primary school - although this time around it's to discuss the possibility of me obtaining a voluntary position as a classroom assistant, experience which would put me in good stead for applying for a PGCE later on in the year. It would definitely be a step in the right direction. Besides, since graduating from University at the start of the year, I haven't had a particularly huge amount to do. I'm desperate to get back into something.
Well, I did it. I just need to complete a CRB check (essential if you're going to do any kind of work with children), then back to the classroom I go. I must say, I'm looking forward to experiencing life on the other side of the coin.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #475
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Congrats JJ! Surely this will be a memorable experience, and lead to greater things in the future. Please keep us updated! Oh, and for those of us who like kids, share cute stories about them, too, when you have them.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 AM   #476
koosie
Moon-Calf

It was just imagination  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Well, I did it. I just need to complete a CRB check (essential if you're going to do any kind of work with children), then back to the classroom I go. I must say, I'm looking forward to experiencing life on the other side of the coin.

Hey wow! That's brilliant, JJ. Fair play to you! Have you got a start date? Those CRB checks can take a while. I bet you can't wait. It'll be an amazing experience engaging with little humans while they're absorbing all the information life can throw at them.

Aw....Snicket

Last edited by koosie; 03-25-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: someone never taught me to spell
koosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #477
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Congrats JJ! Surely this will be a memorable experience, and lead to greater things in the future. Please keep us updated! Oh, and for those of us who like kids, share cute stories about them, too, when you have them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by koosie View Post
Hey wow! That's brilliant, JJ. Fair play to you! Have you got a start date? Those CRB checks can take a while. I bet you can't wait. It'll be an amazing experience engaging with little humans while they're absorbing all the information life can throw at them.
Thank you! The CRB check can take a few weeks, but then the school Easter holidays are coming up anyhow, so it's kind of convenient that a portion of it will coincide with that. I should hopefully get to start some time in the early summer term.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #478
CrazyPhil
Settling In

Ride 'em cowboy.  

That's great news jekylljuice. I wish you the best of luck, but teaching is something that I personally would hate to do for a career. As for me, things are going pretty good; halfway done with the spring semester and I'll be continuing class throughout the summer, so if all goes well I'll have my Associate's Degree by August. And then, I plan to take a long, loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg break afterwards. And maybe a vacation.
Eduardo: "I like voting."

HIM-Best.Band.Ever.
CrazyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #479
HerrimanWasHere
At Home

*Non Omnis Moria* "I dislike you with great intensity."  

Send a message via MSN to HerrimanWasHere

Congrats JJ!

I'm not a very social person at school, because I believe in only doing my work. I'm not there to play around. That, and noise bothers me. (But that all from me being out of school for three years, from being sick.) 4 out of 5 of my school days, I usually never say anything.

Now a days I don't get picked on that often. Actually, I've only got 5 comments this whole school year. (Who knew it payed to be unnoticed?!) But when I was younger...gods, it was terrible! I was that kid that had everything wrong with them, medical wise. (I had to wear a back brace from 5-7th grade) I use to get pushed in lockers, beat up, called names, and etc. (I remember bleeding from my ears, because a group of kids threw basketballs at my head. Surprisingly that isn't the most tramatising thing that has happened to me.)

To be honest...I don't have a single happy memory about school. I've accomplished things, like grade wise, but nothing with friends. I had a small group of 5 chums, "The Outcasts", back in eigth. (I currently have none at school. But then again, I'm not really looking for any. Because I have nothing in common with the average teen.)

Anywho, I'm done with my rambling. I just can't wait for college, so I can learn more things in cartooning.

~"No, sir, I make it a rule of mine: the more it looks like Queer Street, the less I ask." ~
HerrimanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:36 AM   #480
Natty
Settling In
I like las patatas!  

I know your pain, HWH, I too had to wear a backbrace. Now, it's my cousin's turn to wear one for five years.

How ironic: I sent a letter to T.K. in which I also warned him for kyphosis (I mean, he's slightly hunched over, himself, so it'd be good to monitor his kids on that particular point) and half a year later, my cousin was diagnosed with Kyphosis.
Natty is offline   Reply With Quote