Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > The Company Store

Notices

The Company Store Sell your soul - I mean, discuss *official* licensed Foster's merchandise here.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #321
AprilDawn
Settling In
"I need...PIZZA!!"  

Send a message via AIM to AprilDawn Send a message via Yahoo to AprilDawn

That would be a nice "ha-ha!" to those who thought it would be in low demand!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #322
Foster's Geek 287
Settling In
Khones Pwns  

I finally got it! It's awesome! I'll post a review later.
Foster's Geek 287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #323
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Only one week to go till it hits Australia!!! Can't wait!
frankie_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:17 PM   #324
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

Available on Blockbuster Online (assuming in blockbuster stores as well and on netflix?)
Old 03-31-2007, 08:39 AM   #325
Foster's Geek 287
Settling In
Khones Pwns  

Thumbs up Foster's Home For Imagniary Friends: The Complete Season 1 DVD Review

Well, I got it! "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Season 1" And here I am, reviewing it. It's very hard to find. It's not that people buy them, it's just that not many stores have them. They didn't have any at Wal-Mart, so I suggest you buy it at Target. They had many copies there for only about $14.99.
So first of all, I'll discuss the packaging. Like many movies (mostly Disney ones) it came in a cardboard slip-over. It had a hole in it, allowing Blooregard to peek out. The plastic wrapping was covering the actual case beneath the slip-over. The case features some pretty funny artwork from the episode "Store Wars" and was made to fit two discs, the first one swinging over to reveal the second. Inside was a slip with ads, episode descriptions, and a "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends: Big Fat Awesome House Party" Game cheat, which earns you a flying fish buddy if punched into Notey.
The menu features a scene from "House of Bloo's", Mac and Bloo walking up to the house. Pretty cool. It goes slow, though, so if you want to just watch the episodes, skip over it. The selections are imaginary friends standing in the Foster's lobby. The set-up menu is the bathroom, episode select is the laundry room, extras are the outside and trailers are in Bloo's room. Also, easter eggs are hidden all over. There was said to be a problem with the second disc, but I have not had any problems with either discs.
As for the episodes, they are great! Some of the best. Great way to start off the series. It includes:

(On Disc 1)

House of Bloo's
When 8-yr-old Mac is forced to give up his Imaginary Friend Bloo, they find Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, an amazing house for unwanted Imaginary Friends.

My Opinion: In the episode selection, you can choose part 1, 2, or 3 of this episode, but if you scroll over to above part 1, you can watch all 3 parts. But the theme song and recap of the last part still play between chapters. It, frankly, would have been better if that option gave you the whole movie, like they show on Cartoon Network.

Busted
When Bloo breaks Madame Foster's bust, it's up to the Gang to put it back together before rule-crazy Mr. Herriman finds out.

My Opinion: Great episode, no problems with this one.

Dinner is Swerved
It's dinner time and Mac and Bloo can't manage to find the dining room in Foster's twisty-turny house.

My Opinion: Great episode for a tour of Foster's.

Adoptcalypse Now
Adopt-a-thought Saturday is a great day when Imaginary Friends try to get adopted by new families.

My Opinion: Since this episode rarely airs, it's a good one to have on a first-release.

Store Wars
It's Madame Foster's birthday! And Frankie has a great idea. A trip to the mall!

My Opinion: This seems to be the "Star episode" of this DVD. The case has art based on this episode, and it's the only one with commentary.

Bloooo
After watching a scary movie on a dark and stormy night, Wilt and Eduardo are sure there is a ghost in the house. But the ghost is actually Bloo, white and cold-ridden.

My Opinion: I guess this passes for the Halloween episode. It's pretty hilarious, actually.

(On Disc 2)

The Trouble With Scribbles
There is one door in Foster's that is never, ever to be opened. But Bloo can't imagine why!

My Opinion: I think this episode had some added footage into, hence the rumor about some episodes had bonus footage.

Seeing Red
Terrence realizes that the only way to get Mac is to create an Imaginary Friend to beat up Bloo.

My Opinion:
Great episode for Red's debut. I hope he appears again sometime.

Phone Home
Bloo finds the best imaginary friend ever! That is, if it's imaginary at all!

My Opinion: Episode itself equals hilarity. I just have one problem, and that is the fact that it is paired with "Seeing Red" on the episode selection, so to see just this I have to fast forward to it.

World Wide Wabbit
While videotaping interviews for the new Foster's website, Mac and Bloo get some embarrassing footage.

My Opinion: One of the best episodes ever! It's good that this is on the DVD, too.

Berry Scary
Berry is the new Imaginary Friend in the house. And she has set her sights on Bloo.

My Opinion: Once again good episode, not disappointed as usual.

Who Let the Dogs In?
When Eduardo finds a puppy in the house, he must keep it a secret due to Mr. Herriman's strict role of 'No Dogs In The House.'

My Opinion:
Aww... Good episode... but the last? Already? *Sigh* Oh well...

Now that we've gotten through the episodes, I'll discuss the bonus features.

A Sneak Peek at "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends: What Happens When Your Imagination Runs Wild?
The creator of the show discusses... His show. Pretty cool. Short, but cool.

Shorts and Promos
Awesome! It comes with "Cheese Interview", "Animation Reel", "Big, Tall, and Imaginary Clothes Store", "Coco's Can Can" & "Bloo Rap". The only flaw is it doesn't include the other interview promos.

Gallery of Friends
Long, but worth it if you want to know your imaginary friends.

End of Episode Gags
They come fullscreen separate from the episode and are hilarious!

All in all, an awesome DVD that is totally worth buying. It has English, Spanish and French subtitles and languages. The picture quality is great, too. With 13 episodes and 4 great bonus features, if this isn't worth your money, nothing is.

Last edited by Foster's Geek 287; 03-31-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Foster's Geek 287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:28 PM   #326
hedgemaniac
Newly Abandoned

Proud Foster's Fan.  

Thanks for the review Foster's Geek 287. I just got it yesterday, and just finished disc 2. It's cool!!
hedgemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #327
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

Only one day to go until it's in Australia!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #328
CG
Foster's Legend

BACK FROM THE DEAD?!!?  

Send a message via AIM to CG Send a message via MSN to CG Send a message via Yahoo to CG

Have you pre-ordered it?
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:18 PM   #329
frankie_fan
Resident Movie Buff

But that's another show  

No, I haven't. I'm planning to buy it tomorrow or Thursday, because I usually go to my local shopping center for dinner.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #330
k0ugs
Settling In

Send a message via AIM to k0ugs

I think I will be posting the "easter eggs" from the DVD on youtube shortly

I have them saved as a .vob file at the moment