Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Main Board > Foster's Discussion

Notices

Foster's Discussion Discuss general Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends topics here, that don't fit in any other specific category.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #161
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.G. View Post
Who do you think should have sang "You're My Best Friend?" instead?
Basically, not Cheese. His vocal capabilities aside, it was so out-of-character, and yet another example of the external promotion's tendency to portray Cheese as being at the very centre of the Foster's universe, when he barely shows up at all. On top of everything else, does Cheese even consider Bloo to be his best friend? They don't exactly hang out together very often. I would hope that Louise has that honour.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-01-2008 at 02:02 AM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:47 AM   #162
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekylljuice View Post
Basically, not Cheese. His vocal capabilities aside, it was so out-of-character, and yet another example of the external promotion's tendency to portray Cheese as being at the very centre of the Foster's universe, when he barely shows up at all. On top of everything else, does Cheese even consider Bloo to be his best friend? They don't exactly hang out together very often. I would hope that Louise has that honour.
Well if given what transpires in any Cheese centric episode to be the norm it appears that he and Louise don't hang around very much either. Case in point Cheese a Go Go: where Louise lets him wander around the town all willy nilly with no earthly clue where he goes and what he does and whose lives he ruins in the process. (Okay the third one was a wee bit over dramatic, but the point remains the same.)

Last edited by taranchula; 12-01-2008 at 04:47 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #163
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranchula View Post
Well if given what transpires in any Cheese centric episode to be the norm it appears that he and Louise don't hang around very much either. Case in point Cheese a Go Go: where Louise lets him wander around the town all willy nilly with no earthly clue where he goes and what he does and whose lives he ruins in the process. (Okay the third one was a wee bit over dramatic, but the point remains the same.)
Well, Cheese does have a tendency to go off on his own little tangents, which is usually how he winds up crossing paths with the Foster's gang, I'll give you that - but the ending of "Mac Daddy" would suggest to me that Cheese and Louise do share a pretty special and unique bond nonetheless, and he definitely seems to have more of a kinship with her than he does with Bloo. She is his creator after all. And my own original point remains the same too - that the whole BlooCheese aspect of the show has been severely overhyped and over-represented, but hey, we've discussed that ample times already in numerous other threads and we're probably getting far enough off-topic here as it is. So I'll simply conclude by saying that I like Rick Astley somewhat more than I do Cheese. It's just a personal preference.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 12-01-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #164
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ya know, I think I enjoyed Astley singing over Cheese singing last year, too. I was annoyed at not hearing the rest of Bloo's song, but I agree with you JJ, Astley singing is far better than Cheese singing. That was just weird last year. At least this one was very creative and original.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #165
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Yeah, I'm a little late, but I got a good laugh out of the float this year! Sadly, I was the only one who got it. My dad was sitting there with me and he was like "What the heck is a 'Rickroll'?" XD
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #166
lucyrocks73
Razzamatazztic Tap Dancer

There are ways to make punks like you sing.  

Send a message via AIM to lucyrocks73

Came back from Thanksgiving break, and everyone kept talking about this. Mostly because I am my school's resident Foster's fan.

I came home and had nine Rick roll e-mails.

Ha.

-Marty
Old 12-11-2008, 05:44 AM   #167
bloonuggets
Take a bow, Bloo. You deserve it.

FHfIF: 8/11/04 - 5/3/09  

In defense of last year's singing by Cheese (Candi Milo), Ms. Milo is in fact a very talented singer in her own right. She performed on cruise ships early in her career as a performer.

Other than that, no objections.

Thank you Craig for the ride. We all will miss you.

Last edited by bloonuggets; 12-11-2008 at 05:44 AM.
bloonuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #168
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloonuggets View Post
In defense of last year's singing by Cheese (Candi Milo), Ms. Milo is in fact a very talented singer in her own right. She performed on cruise ships early in her career as a performer.

Other than that, no objections.
It wasn't intended as a knock against Candi Milo. I'm completely aware that she was singing in character as Cheese.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:56 PM   #169
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Do we even know for sure that the show's voice cast supplied the voices for the float? It may just be due to different equipment and a different environment, but I personally didn't think any of the voices sounded like they do on TV. I always figured Macy's got different voice actors with similar voices to do the float voices.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #170
Chaos Wielder
Permanent Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
Do we even know for sure that the show's voice cast supplied the voices for the float? It may just be due to different equipment and a different environment, but I personally didn't think any of the voices sounded like they do on TV. I always figured Macy's got different voice actors with similar voices to do the float voices.

Good question and I was wondering about that myself. Personally, I thought the voices sounded pretty CLOSE to how they do on tv, but there was just still something a bit off that I could never explain for some reason. Either the float uses different sound equipment or it could be different VAs, like you said. I'm really not sure. Does anyone else have any idea?
Chaos Wielder is offline   Reply With Quote