Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #931
Nathander
The Best Character on the Show

Hairgel!  

Send a message via AIM to Nathander

Moral Orel

I wasn't a fan of the show in any respect at first, but I got dragged into it with the third season. Incredibly well done show that got cancelled before its time.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #932
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

important things with demetri martin.

I do not know if I've said this here, but I've been waiting for this show for about a month now. Worth the wait.

Tonight's important thing: timing. Including: jokes about milli vanilli, christmas cookies, and engagement rings, and that's just about 2 minutes.
some guy you dont know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #933
pitbulllady
Co-Administrator

I actually got to sit back and watch a tv show, the new episode of "MonsterQuest" on the History Channel, for the first time last night since my father and brother moved in with me almost a month ago. The DirectTV guy came one day last week and hooked up my tv in my room.

pitbulllady
pitbulllady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #934
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Popeye on Boomerang. They've been showing the redrawn versions of the old Fleischer cartoons, but they've thrown in a couple of the original BW films. The redrawn versions are horrible to look at--every other drawing discarded, animation poorly rendered and paced, the live-model backgrounds (like in I Never Changes My Altitude) replaced by flat painted ones, action off-sync in spots. Fleischer Popeyes in color done right are the two-reelers they did back then (Popeye Meets Sindbad the best of 'em).

Last edited by Ccook50; 02-12-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Ccook50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #935
jekylljuice
Executive Weasel Ball

jekylljuice was here.  

Brit Awards 2009

Largely to see the phenomenal Pet Shop Boys (<3 <3 <3 X10,000) receive their well-deserved lifetime achievement accolades, though it was nice seeing all those live performances from the likes of Take That, Girls Aloud and Duffy too.

That's it,
The End,
But you'll get over it,
My Friend.

Last edited by jekylljuice; 02-18-2009 at 01:35 PM.
jekylljuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #936
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Secrets of the Cryptkeeper's Haunted House

Old ass TV game show, very old actually almost no one ever remembers it. I'm on the process of converting all my old VHS tapes to DVD with my combo converter. I really wished I could have been on this game show, the level of constant 3-d CGI images and computer graphics makes me think this had to be an interesting experience filming.

The games are fun, plenty of variety and lots of cool set designs. Not to mention I can't believe they got away with saying Hell with one of their games "The Swamp from Hell" which was a particularly difficult game to accomplish I might add. I got a BUNCH of old TV shows like this on VHS and tho its taking a very long time, I intend on collecting all of these rare shows onto DVDs.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #937
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

Not surprising that "Hell" was used. In the debut episode of Disney's Gargoyles cartoon, Xanathos says "Pay a man enough and he'll walk barefoot into Hell."

And as early as 1973, the word "damn" was used (in a kind of Biblical sense) in the animated Star Trek (airing Saturday mornings on NBC).
Old 02-20-2009, 04:26 PM   #938
some guy you dont know
Just a Poor Boy

Location: some building in some city of some state in some country.
Send a message via AIM to some guy you dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccook50 View Post
Not surprising that "Hell" was used. In the debut episode of Disney's Gargoyles cartoon, Xanathos says "Pay a man enough and he'll walk barefoot into Hell."
There's no "h" in Xanatos' name. Sorry if that sounded nit-picky, but I just really love that show. Watching it is a very bonding thing my brother and I do most days.

Last thing I watched was Cowboy Bebop. Man that show was great. The theme gets me all pumped up for some action for some reason. Then the next twenty minutes do not, in any way, let me down.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #939
Mr. Marshmallow
Not-So-Hopeless Romantic

Gotta love being in love  

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Marshmallow

Late night with Conan O'Brian

Actually I recall the kids horror show "Bone Chillers" saying Hell as well in the very first episode. Anywho, I thankfully got the chance to see Conan's final show tonight and boy was it well worth it. Conan showed some of his best, funniest and weirdest skits and the idea of Abe Vigota being released into the wild from a giant steel cage still makes me laugh my ass off.

Over the years of my life Conan has remained my top favorite late night host, and I have always found his humor speaks to me on a more deeper connection then Leno and Lettermen ever could. His outrageous segments, bizarre characters, and down right pot inducing jokes are sheer brilliance if you ask me and I have always felt he was well worth staying up late at night to see.

He put on a very emotional show and like the awesome guy he is, took quite a long while thanking many people on his show and making his last one a real blast. Andy Richter came back and that was just a real treat to see. I'm sad to see Conan leaving and that a show I have watched for many years of my life is going away but I am happy to know he is coming back even earlier. The best thing about is he as he so awesomely stated:

"Everyone around NBC is telling me to grow up now that I'm going to the Tonight show slot well....I'm sorry but I'm afraid I just can't do that"

No need to grow up at all Conan, way I see it you're perfect just the way you are, immature and insane at the same time. I am so happy I caught this final show and look forward to see him again at his new time slot.
Mr. Marshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #940
Subzeroace
Has a PhD in Horribleness

Burning things is fun and useful!  

Send a message via AIM to Subzeroace

I watched Dollhouse. I'm really linking it so far Joss doesn't disappoint =D

I might watch last Wednesdays LOST again (4th, 5th time?) a bit latter tonight, this season has been amazing! I feel everyone who's been watching it all along is getting rewarded this season. There answering more questions then asking, yay!