Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > General > General Board

Notices

General Board For discussions that do not concern the show *directly* but are related.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

Send a message via MSN to PeterFoster111
Question Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad etc. spoofing Fosters?

Sometimes as a family we eat in the family room/living room and we sometimes watch The Simpsons mostly. Like I said in my introduction thread, I want to keep Foster's private from my family. And I am worried if any of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home. That will really embarras me and the privacy of Foster's to my family will become public. I do not want that to happen.

So just to be aware, do any of the episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home? Thanks.
PeterFoster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
zwiebel
Newly Abandoned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterFoster111 View Post
Sometimes as a family we eat in the family room/living room and we sometimes watch The Simpsons mostly. Like I said in my introduction thread, I want to keep Foster's private from my family. And I am worried if any of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home. That will really embarras me and the privacy of Foster's to my family will become public. I do not want that to happen.

So just to be aware, do any of the episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home? Thanks.

How would it embarrass you, if The Simpsons did a spoof of Foster's?
Even if you don't want your family to know you watch the show, how would they be able to tell that you do watch it?
And no, I don't think they ever made fun of Foster's on the Simpsons.
zwiebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:42 AM   #3
Ccook50
Foster's Legend

Don't forget to turn left at Greenland  

I don't think any of those shows have. The only show that has (from what I know) is The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy, and that was like about 10 seconds.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
Mulch
Blegh

DOO KDLO PXOFK  

Futurama's original run was cancelled before Foster's even started, since then the only new Futurama content that's come out has been four movies, and, predictably, none of them spoofed Foster's. That's the only show on the list I'm 100% sure of (The Simpsons comes close) but none of those shows are likely to ever reference it. (From what I've heard, though, Family Guy crams a thousand pop culture references into every episode.)

Anyway, you don't really seem to be trying to keep your family from knowing you watch Foster's as much as you don't want them to know it exists.

Last edited by Mulch; 07-27-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Mulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

Family Guy briefly spoofed Scooby-Doo one time. Kind of amusing.

As for Foster's, I'm happy to tell anyone who's listening that I watch it, and why, if the conversation goes that far. As far as I'm concerned, it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Sometimes I find myself bashful to admit I'm such a big cartoon fan, but that's because I don't know if they'll understand more than I'm embarrassed of it. I've never hesitated to tell people how much I like cartoons though, as I know it's nothing to be ashamed of. And as far as Foster's goes, I more than glad to talk about it. If all works out well, I'll turn the interest in whoever I'm talking to, and they might start to like the show too! It's worth a shot, and I never pass up an opportunity to increase it's popularity.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #7
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

OK, they might keep producing more episodes of those shows, but my family KNOWS that I watch fosters. It's ok to know what the show name is, but the most embarrasing thing is the characters. Oh, I forgot to tell you, my sister has heard of foster's and she knows nearly everybody.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
Cassini90125
The Postmaster

Love gives you courage that's stronger than anything!  

I find nothing embarrassing about the characters and in particular how I feel about Frankie:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/sh...p?t=56&page=60

Scroll down to Post #599.

"Frankie! That weird kid is using a flower pot for a cup!"

Sailor Moon. Best Anime EVER.
Cassini90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Major Abbey
Settling In

Not a bunny butler!  

I'm a big Simpsons fan, and they haven't spoofed Fosters. I don't think Family Guy has either - not sure about American Dad, though. Futurama definitely hasn't.

Why is it embarrassing for your family to know the characters?

By the way - Cassini, good for you. I've felt that way about characters before, and good for you not being ashamed of it. If Frankie knew, she'd really appreciate that.
Major Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #10
PeterFoster111
Banned
Smiling, but EVIL.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassini90125 View Post
I find nothing embarrassing about the characters and in particular how I feel about Frankie:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/sh...p?t=56&page=60

Scroll down to Post #599.

Cass, I read the post. You can do whatever you want with Frankie about your feelings to her, and you can show your family too. That's your life. My life is way diffrent than yours.

Have I ever told you I had Asperger Syndrome? Abbey does too. And that could be why I don't want to show my family the characters. Now, I don't want to go off topic. If we go off topic too much then Sparky is bound to post here and lock the thread. Thanks Abbey for telling me about the shows. Now I am quite ok with not worrying about the Simpsons or the other shows out there spoofing foster's. However, if there IS a foster's spoof, then I will turn off the TV immidiately. Period.