Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community  

Go Back   Never Forgotten: a Foster's Home Community > Other > Other Entertainment

Notices

Other Entertainment Discuss other television programs as well as movies, music, books, comic books, games, etc.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #61
Mr_Bloo_Veins
At Home

YOU CAN'T TAKE THE MIKE AND IKES FROM OUR VENDING MACHINES  

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Bloo_Veins Send a message via Skype™ to Mr_Bloo_Veins

stop being so attractive tara strong

i'm serious
Mr_Bloo_Veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #62
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

There was a new episode on tonight, as there is every night this week, and there was another appearance from one of the voice actors, although I'm not sure which one. I'm not familiar with their appearances like I am with the Foster's cast. He was also wearing a wig. But again, it was pretty cool. Man, I wish Foster's had done something like that, I would have loved to see them in action.

There was also a line that Mung Dal said that raised an eyebrow of mine. "Chowder, that is NOT ok!" Not just the words he used, but also the way he said it made me wonder if they got it from another show.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #63
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
There was a new episode on tonight, as there is every night this week, and there was another appearance from one of the voice actors, although I'm not sure which one. I'm not familiar with their appearances like I am with the Foster's cast. He was also wearing a wig. But again, it was pretty cool. Man, I wish Foster's had done something like that, I would have loved to see them in action.
And that's why when you're at comic con, you should check out the cartoon show or voice actor panels they have. It's always fun when you put a face to a voice.

taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:34 PM   #64
taranchula
Agent: Deep Bloo

You guys have your red headed cartoon crushes and I have mine!  

Send a message via MSN to taranchula Send a message via Yahoo to taranchula
Default Well this bites....

http://voiceactors.wordpress.com/200...n-for-chowder/

Looks like another one of CN's good shows is about to be tossed away like a moldy worm infested kumquat.

You know while this show certainly didn't quite reach the levels of comic nirvana that our favorite cartoon did (Not a knock, a lot of my favorite shows also fall into the same category), it was still one of the more clever and off beat shows to have come down the turnpike in recent years.

(As an aside: The mere fact I was able to watch and enjoy Chowder on a semi regular bases, despite a less then favorable first impression is a testament to it's quality in and its self.)

But according the article things are not as bad as they seem, and if the fans of this show can get together and send a message to the network saying "No, we don't want this series to be canned in favor of UK reality show remake #2453" then maybe things will improve slightly within the network that used to be about toons, toons and nothing but the toons.

And that would be wonderful.

Last edited by taranchula; 07-08-2009 at 04:17 AM.
taranchula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #65
Lynnie
Lady of Brightwood

Dream maker, wherever you're going I'm going your way  

Location: The Emerald City, in the Evergreen State, where everything is GREEN
Send a message via MSN to Lynnie Send a message via Yahoo to Lynnie

Ah. There was a rumor started earlier this spring I believe that the show was ending, and it was started by someone who actually worked on the show so everyone believed it. Basically they were talking about ending it, but hadn't actually decided yet. According to the rumor, the decision was leaning toward ending it. Everyone freaked out, but others kept stressing that it hadn't been confirmed yet. Eventually it was passed as just a "rumor". Looks like it turned out to be true afterall.

I don't think I'll be watching CN anymore. Chowder was the only show I still watched really. Once that's gone, there's no reason for me to tune in anymore.
Lynnie is offline   Reply With Quote